PDA

View Full Version : Hey all!

Magpie
Apr 20th, 2008, 03:29
Hey everyone.

Magpie from Manchester here - big how-de-do's to all you other tranced up lunatics on the deranged isle of the brits here.....

:music:

ah.fm....what a find...

:super:

Vicky Wood
Apr 20th, 2008, 08:06
Welcome, do you get many trance nights up in Manchester?

Jellyfish
Apr 20th, 2008, 13:42
Hey everyone.

Magpie from Manchester here - big how-de-do's to all you other tranced up lunatics on the deranged isle of the brits here.....

ah.fm....what a find...

:super:

:hug::hug: :welcome::welcome:

Lazarus
Apr 20th, 2008, 14:10
Hi mate, good to see you on here too :wave:

Magpie
Apr 20th, 2008, 19:37
Hey all, thanks for the warm welcome!

Magik - Nah - Manchester is poor for trance, or so ive found.

Every now and again we get a psy-trance event on, illuminaughty and suchlike, and theres Cabbage in Leeds regularly and the odd allnighter put on by the psy-trance folks, but not much else! Oh, the Free Party scene started to pick up again recently, but mainly, its a drum 'n bass town around here these days....:P (no offence to D&B lovers!)

hence the greatness of the AH.FM find!

:grinning:

willwatson
Apr 26th, 2008, 05:23
Hey all, thanks for the warm welcome!

Magik - Nah - Manchester is poor for trance, or so ive found.

Every now and again we get a psy-trance event on, illuminaughty and suchlike, and theres Cabbage in Leeds regularly and the odd allnighter put on by the psy-trance folks, but not much else! Oh, the Free Party scene started to pick up again recently, but mainly, its a drum 'n bass town around here these days....:P (no offence to D&B lovers!)

hence the greatness of the AH.FM find!

Have you been living in a hole? One word... MAJEFA

It's a huge trance night in Manchester. I'm playing there twice next month. One time at the pre-party and one time at the charity BBQ they're throwing.

Tonight they had Stoneface & Terminal, Ronski Speed, Kyau & Albert for a Euphonic label party.

Leeds has Digital Society. Last month they had Lange, Alex M.O.R.P.H. + Woody Van Eyden, Will Holland, Manual Le Saux, Genix and Paul Pearson.

Get yourself on dontstayin.com if you're not already. I think you'll find Manchester and Leeds both have an awesome trance scene.

:P

PS. Welcome

:lol:

Magpie
Apr 29th, 2008, 12:22
hahaha! thanks for the pre-empted welcome....since you are now my trance hero!!!

no - ive not been living in a hole, but with a bunch of drum 'n bass heads! no wonder all i hear about is drum n bass....i only moved here just over a year or so ago. I knew leeds was good as id been over there a few times, but didnt know about MAJEFA! Now registered on DonStayIn, so MUCHO GRACIAS'S to you! :grinning:

Ill look out for your set at the BBQ cos me and a few friends will be heading that way!

Man....my trance life has been reignited....

thanks again!

willwatson
Apr 29th, 2008, 12:51
hahaha! thanks for the pre-empted welcome....since you are now my trance hero!!!

no - ive not been living in a hole, but with a bunch of drum 'n bass heads! no wonder all i hear about is drum n bass....i only moved here just over a year or so ago. I knew leeds was good as id been over there a few times, but didnt know about MAJEFA! Now registered on DonStayIn, so MUCHO GRACIAS'S to you! :grinning:

Ill look out for your set at the BBQ cos me and a few friends will be heading that way!

Man....my trance life has been reignited....

thanks again!

No worries. I didn't mean to sound patronising.

The Manchester trance scene is one I have been trying to conquer for a while now and I'm slowly being taken notice of. Ive only been up north for over a year now.

While you're on DSI have a look for a group called 'Northern Coalition' that's for manchester, sheffield, leeds etc...

ClubGirl
Apr 29th, 2008, 16:14
I live in a hole.. Middle of nowhere - Lake District ;D But not for too long! :super: Nottinghamshire welcome :tongue:

By the way hello Magpie! ;) :hug:

willwatson
Apr 29th, 2008, 16:20
I live in a hole.. Middle of nowhere - Lake District ;D But not for too long! :super: Nottinghamshire welcome :tongue:

By the way hello Magpie! ;) :hug:

Oooh GatecrasherLovesNottingham :grinning:

ClubGirl
May 1st, 2008, 14:46
Oooh GatecrasherLovesNottingham :grinning:

I know... ;D Plus I have been thinking about Gatecrasher The Summer Sound System :mask: Especially about Sunday.. :cat:

willwatson
May 1st, 2008, 17:21
I know... ;D Plus I have been thinking about Gatecrasher The Summer Sound System :mask: Especially about Sunday.. :cat:

Well it would be rude for me not to go. It's only 15 minutes down the road from me. :lol:

Neil Bamford
May 2nd, 2008, 13:22
bit late to this one. but hello!!!! :o)

there are loads of trance nights up north, thats why i am moving there!

Lazarus
May 2nd, 2008, 13:44
bit late to this one. but hello!!!! :o)

there are loads of trance nights up north, thats why i am moving there!
We'll have you your flat cap, wippet and selection of glowsticks ready and waiting for your arrival mate :grinning: :lol:

Neil Bamford
May 2nd, 2008, 13:56
We'll have you your flat cap, wippet and selection of glowsticks ready and waiting for your arrival mate :grinning: :lol:

hahaha much rather prefer a sheep dog buddy!!! there has to be some cainage in order though. indeedy!!

SentriX
May 4th, 2008, 03:09
never been a fan of northern england - as far down as manc i feel it goes downhill - dunno just never really warmed to it

Neil Bamford
May 8th, 2008, 16:00
all about midlands!