PDA

View Full Version : AH.fm iPhone App

Pages : [1] 2

eLement
Aug 18th, 2008, 05:05
Hey guys,

I know by posting this thread you will have thought I am the one creating this. Sadly, no. If I had the access to a Mac laptop on a daily basis I would work on learning Cocoa and providing this app to you.

Pandora internet radio has created an app for their streaming audio, but Pandora leaves much to be desired.

I was wondering if there is a developer out there willing to undertake such an awesome task.

This would put AH.fm and electronic dance music on a whole new level.

If someone is willing, I have some ideas that could make this a pretty awesome app.

Thanks,
Tim

(I just want AH on the go!)

Exhale
Aug 20th, 2008, 22:09
Hi

There's at least one application that you can use to tune iPhone to AH.fm :)
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=284205617&mt=8

There might be more and more of them ;) So if you just want to have AH on your phone, a solution already exists. Personally I would prefer this solution, because I don't like to install a new application for each and every site and service.

However, if you still feel that a new program is worth creating, and AH staff has nothing against it, I believe I can take part in it and do some programming :)
Anyway, I'll monitor the thread to see what happens :)

Dan
Aug 21st, 2008, 10:56
Hi

There's at least one application that you can use to tune iPhone to AH.fm :)
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=284205617&mt=8

There might be more and more of them ;) So if you just want to have AH on your phone, a solution already exists. Personally I would prefer this solution, because I don't like to install a new application for each and every site and service.

However, if you still feel that a new program is worth creating, and AH staff has nothing against it, I believe I can take part in it and do some programming :)
Anyway, I'll monitor the thread to see what happens :)

I have actually downloaded the apple SDK... but have been soo busy had no time to start coding custom player for iphone AH.FM.

I know there is other players that could tune into AH.FM, however I was more looking into something custom, we have alot of custom scripts such as next5 last5, even links to the actual set playing. If you guys are interested in taking part in this, PM me we could discuss more things.

Thank you with these ideas mates, much appreciated.

djabstraction
Aug 21st, 2008, 11:37
I'm asking about at the moment, but incase anyone else needed any more resources,

FMOD music & sound effects system (http://www.fmod.org/index.php/download)

This library might do the trick and supports Shoutcast streaming. Unfortunately I can't even look into it too far as I don't have the Mac hardware ;) But by my estimation, if that library works a simple Play/Stop application could be made < 50 lines of code...

Exhale
Aug 21st, 2008, 18:28
This library might do the trick and supports Shoutcast streaming.
It is not necessary, Apple's SDK includes wide support for audio streaming.
There's no need to drag heavyweight library to a mobile device even if the library does have support for the platform, as far as I undersood it does not.

eLement
Aug 25th, 2008, 05:12
I have actually downloaded the apple SDK... but have been soo busy had no time to start coding custom player for iphone AH.FM.

I know there is other players that could tune into AH.FM, however I was more looking into something custom, we have alot of custom scripts such as next5 last5, even links to the actual set playing. If you guys are interested in taking part in this, PM me we could discuss more things.

Thank you with these ideas mates, much appreciated.

Yes, that was my main reason for wanting a custom app. The next, current, and last. Although, for an iPhone application I think it should be tripped down to 5 items:

2 - Next Up
1 - Current
2 - Last Played

Maybe we can implement a way in the site, maybe an xml document, to have the app download the current tracklisting. And display it on screen. Who knows.

I will add on, I don't want to pay for a tuner app that can tune in anywhere when I just want one station. AH.fm. People are too happy to make a buck, for iPhone apps, what happened to sharing is caring?

I will also recommend the Last.fm iPhone app. It's pretty decent! There are some minor bugs which cause the app to shutdown. Other than that, it works great!

Edit: I think you should also utilize the aac+ stream. Higher quality and less bandwith = good idea. Then again Dan, it's upto you.

Edit2: Forget the aac+ stream...quality is way too low!

-=Med=-
Aug 26th, 2008, 16:08
How much would it cost for the user to listen to internet radio on an iPhone?
Would it just use the WiFi application, also would it work in cars etc.?

Dan
Aug 27th, 2008, 00:17

its just wifi access in your house or where ever you are.
If you dont have wifi then you use you data plan, price varies depending on your carrier. :)

Dan
Aug 27th, 2008, 00:22
Yes, that was my main reason for wanting a custom app. The next, current, and last. Although, for an iPhone application I think it should be tripped down to 5 items:

2 - Next Up
1 - Current
2 - Last Played

Maybe we can implement a way in the site, maybe an xml document, to have the app download the current tracklisting. And display it on screen. Who knows.

I will add on, I don't want to pay for a tuner app that can tune in anywhere when I just want one station. AH.fm. People are too happy to make a buck, for iPhone apps, what happened to sharing is caring?

I will also recommend the Last.fm iPhone app. It's pretty decent! There are some minor bugs which cause the app to shutdown. Other than that, it works great!

Edit: I think you should also utilize the aac+ stream. Higher quality and less bandwith = good idea. Then again Dan, it's upto you.

Edit2: Forget the aac+ stream...quality is way too low!

Yeah i was thinking to support 192k and 96k for the iphone. Next5 last5, aswell link to the current thread. First I need to get the iphone :| its kinda expensive if you want it without a plan unlocked.

djabstraction
Aug 27th, 2008, 11:20
It is not necessary, Apple's SDK includes wide support for audio streaming.
There's no need to drag heavyweight library to a mobile device even if the library does have support for the platform, as far as I undersood it does not.

"heavyweight library" it's hardly heavyweight. And I'm not sure you are correct there, streaming and shoutcast are 2 completely different aspects entirely. FMOD was written to fill a void for shoutcast streaming support on all platforms, including mac osx.

Exhale
Aug 27th, 2008, 11:38
Well... spent some time and now I have an application capable of connecting to AH.fm stream, parsing it and playing.
Yet it's pretty dumb, the only UI it has are 2 buttons, start and stop, but it's only a start to put any UI on :) And of course it requires much more testing and and (must be) fixing.
There's much to do of course, first of all UI is required, I'm very bad at graphical design so it would be great if anyone can take this part. Next, we'll need to negotiate where (and how) the application can obtain data (for example Next 2, Current and Previous 2). And there's another problem that can arise - iPhone developer program is not easily available in Russia as far as I know, but I'm working on it :)

Audio stream most likely will be available only on WiFi.
Even if you have a 3G iPhone capable of high speed data transmission, "traffic eater" apps are against AppStore policy, VoIP and other traffic-consuming applications should only use WiFi.
Still, some limited functionality might be available without WiFi, it can include "previous-current-next", playlist, charts and anything like that.

Exhale
Aug 27th, 2008, 11:54
"heavyweight library" it's hardly heavyweight. And I'm not sure you are correct there, streaming and shoutcast are 2 completely different aspects entirely. FMOD was written to fill a void for shoutcast streaming support on all platforms, including mac osx.
'heavyweight' is very relative... 10mb is nothing for a modern desktop, but it should be taken into account for mobile application. Memory management is different too, and dont forget that someone might want to download your application from AppStore over EDGE or GPRS - will 10mb still be good enough comparing to 100kb of Nullriver application that I mentioned earlier? :)
iPhone runs OS X, but it's not Mac OS X. Is FMOD ported for iPhone?
And' of course, I don't think that support for any platform will be useful for this app... Are we still talking about iPhone application? :)

Robbie
Aug 28th, 2008, 02:56
before I updated to OS 2.0.1 I had a free app that I downloaded from Installer that was able to stream ah, but only from wifi, sucked on edge network. Currently there is an app in the appstore for like 4.99 or soemthing and lets you connect to online radio, dont have it tho. Hurry up and make an app Dan, geez :P

Dan
Aug 28th, 2008, 09:27
before I updated to OS 2.0.1 I had a free app that I downloaded from Installer that was able to stream ah, but only from wifi, sucked on edge network. Currently there is an app in the appstore for like 4.99 or soemthing and lets you connect to online radio, dont have it tho. Hurry up and make an app Dan, geez :P

I need to get a hold of the phone first to work on it :)
Anyone wanna sponsor one ? :mask:

piccoli
Aug 28th, 2008, 10:50

LOL about 499 here in Portugal the 8 GB and 599 the 16 GB, yeah a bit expansive :(

but i'll buy one when the prices will drop:)

Robbie
Aug 29th, 2008, 22:32

ill send u my old one once i get the 3g one

Exhale
Sep 3rd, 2008, 08:53
Hi everyone!

So, for now most of the planned functions are up and running (at least for me :) ). But to be released it should be done good if not perfect :)

Does anyone want to contribute to the application to make it really awesome? For now there's high demand in a person who's good in grapgics. If someone wants to beta-test the app it would be appreciated too.

A couple of words about graphics. Now the application looks a kind of ugly...

**SEE missing images in the next post**

You can see what's missing
- 2 icons in toolbar on the bottom (30x30 png, black image on transparent background) - anything that you associate with 'player' and 'online'.
- play and stop button images (of course their view is some kind of standard but still there's a place to be creative). They are PNG 25x25 or something like that, it's flexible.
- a great AH.fm logo - 320x460 png. Keep in mind that some text will be over it at the top.
- an application icon - I don't remember the exact size, 50x50 or 49x49 png. If someone can do me a favor and draw AH.fm logo for the following theme (white image on a transparent background) - it would be great!
http://lh6.ggpht.com/avaneyev/SL4wo7d0mGI/AAAAAAAABJI/Fs6xuB-cjLY/IMG_0001.PNG
- any other images that you can suggest are highly appreciated. Personally I think that there can be additional images marking current, next and last shows in the playlist (16x16 png, will be at the beginning of the line).
- etc etc...

As for the testing, if someone wants to participate in it - I can provide a binary that can be run on a jailbroken iPhone. 2G or 3G does not really matter, I use 2G one.
Personally I test it over WiFi, it works perfectly. But GPRS/EDGE is fairly expensive, so if anyone can test it over mobile network (including 3G), it would be great.
For now I don't have an Installer/Cydia repository, and as far as I plan to place the app to AppStore, I don't actually plan to create ones. But if there will be high demand in repository, I'll think of it :)

Cheers :music:

Exhale
Sep 8th, 2008, 21:57
Uploaded attached pictures directly as people say they don't see anything :) sorry for that ;)

tranceman_g
Sep 9th, 2008, 10:13
Oooohhh !
That's a very cool idea !

May I suggest 2-3 ideas :
* volume slider need a title, so as we know ;)
* choose a favorite bitrate so that, by default, you don't have to choose this each time you launch the app. If you fail trying all servers at your fav bitrate, then it will try the others bitrates !
* number of listeners might me put at the bottom of the screen, with a smaller font, to save some screen estate !

Further ideas, not music related :
* read/write PM with the app. Requires a login.
* ability when clicking on one of the 5 visible sets to read the first post, which often has the playlist
* implement a nice calendar view so we can, from the iphone/ipod touch, see the sets of the day/week/month !

This being said :
- the Wifi ON/OFF switch is a golden idea !!!!!
- the app itself is a very good idea
- huge thanks for those who helped and developped it !

This will be the very first app I will install when I get my iphone 3G (still have a contract running with another carrier)

++
T_g

Exhale
Sep 9th, 2008, 14:52
Thanks for your ideas, I'll try to answer :)

* the whole first page needs design ;) I plan to place the complete current show title, AH.fm logo, drawed play/stop buttons, volume slider title (or most probably 2 icons on its sides showing sound presence and absence). And all this stuff needs to be laid out somehow... This is where I definitely need help :)
* choosing bitrate is a good idea, I don't know if it makes sense to allow specific country selection. however, current implementation is easier and for the first version it might be acceptable ;)
* for the current version I plan to implement the ability to open forum thread for current show, when you click on the disclosure button at the right side of the playlist. I like the rest of the features you suggest, mostly one with calendar :) I can do that in later versions, if there will be server support.

djabstraction
Sep 10th, 2008, 13:06
'heavyweight' is very relative... 10mb is nothing for a modern desktop, but it should be taken into account for mobile application. Memory management is different too, and dont forget that someone might want to download your application from AppStore over EDGE or GPRS - will 10mb still be good enough comparing to 100kb of Nullriver application that I mentioned earlier? :)
iPhone runs OS X, but it's not Mac OS X. Is FMOD ported for iPhone?
And' of course, I don't think that support for any platform will be useful for this app... Are we still talking about iPhone application? :)

I would say that 10mb is nothing for a 4gb / 8gb phone either to be honest and the library was designed with being lightweight in mind, considering its capabilities. It's not going to load 10mb into ram that's for sure. Personally I wouldn't say size is an issue on the phone you are developing for, especially if you want to develop a full blown application in a relatively small timescale.

In regard to it running on the iPhone, I have no idea as I haven't tried, I was just presuming it would as the big wigs at Apple have shouted their mouths off saying Windows Mobile is crap because it is a restricted version of the OS, as opposed to theirs which isn't, so one would presume a OSX library would work on a desktop and mobile device, but I guess that was just full blown marketing junk then if it doesn't.

Anyway, ignoring that I see you have got something started anyway, good luck! I'm sure it will be awesome. :mask:

Exhale
Sep 10th, 2008, 14:25
Apple have shouted their mouths off saying Windows Mobile is crap because it is a restricted version of the OS, as opposed to theirs which isn't, so one would presume a OSX library would work on a desktop and mobile device, but I guess that was just full blown marketing junk then if it doesn't.
I won't argue on that because I don't know the ecact context of the Apple's statement... However, you defenitely can't run applications from Mac OS X on iPhone at least because it has different processor architecture, so library developers would have to rebuild their code. Some API is missing too, but it's mostly about UI, and might not apply to audio library. Might apply, however, there are some audio routing tricks that you shouldn't worry about on the desktop.

Thanks for your good wishes :)

Robbie
Sep 16th, 2008, 20:39
are u still looking for ppl to test this out on there phones? i have both a jailbroken 2g and 3g and would love to give it a go

Dan
Sep 16th, 2008, 23:32
please help us with the development of this app. whoever is good with photoshop we need 5 images done

this is what it looks like now

http://www.ah.fm/iphone/iphone.jpg

we need 3 bottom images
Player Online Settings (30x30 pixels transparent PNG)

2 images for stop and play (25x25 pixels transparent PNG)

also background needs AH logo:
http://www.ah.fm/files/logos/main-logo.png

anyhelp would be much appreciated, if you can do a few templates also appreciated. This will be the AH.FM App :)

thank you all who are taking part in this.

Exhale
Sep 17th, 2008, 13:06
are u still looking for ppl to test this out on there phones? i have both a jailbroken 2g and 3g and would love to give it a go
Yes, of course, it would be great.
Sadly, for now I don't have a repository to host installation package, so you can either install it manually or wait till I get a repo :)
Have you ever installed applications manually, like copying it to the phone and assigning rights? If yes, I can give you an application package with instructions what to do with it whenever you want, today for example :)

Robbie
Sep 17th, 2008, 18:24
Yes, of course, it would be great.
Sadly, for now I don't have a repository to host installation package, so you can either install it manually or wait till I get a repo :)
Have you ever installed applications manually, like copying it to the phone and assigning rights? If yes, I can give you an application package with instructions what to do with it whenever you want, today for example :)

ya i think i remember doing that with some of my NES games for the NES emulator but cant quite remember. So ya, instructions would be good lol

Exhale
Sep 17th, 2008, 22:58
Okey, give it a try :lol:
A brief description
- Playback fully works, at least for me and a couple of my friends, hope it will for you too.
- All the variety of stream qualities (192k and 96k mp3 and 48k AAC) are supported.
- At the Online page you can see a number of users online and a playlist with 2 next items, current in the middle and 2 last (at the bottom, like here on the forum)
- If the forum thread is available for current show (it's not always true), a disclosure mark is shown. Tapping on it will open the thread.
- For now you have to manually select station (like Austria 192k), but I plan to implement dynamic selection of the server upon quality setting only, as tranceman_g and Dan suggest.
- 'WiFi stream only' switch allows you to restrict audio playback only for WiFi connection (ON) or for both WiFi and mobile network (OFF). If it's on, application won't allow you to connect if you don't have wifi, and will immediately stop playback if it discovers that wifi became unavailable.
- WiFi stream only switch does not affect playlist and forum, audio playback only is affected.
- For now it lacks most of the artwork, and is not very verbose. I'm working on it right now :)

Looking forward to hear your suggestions :)

UPD: one more thing. iPhone switches WiFi off after 30 minutes of sleep (or earlier if WiFi is not used). It's a feature, and it's done for battery saving. To avoid turning off wifi if you want audio to play for more than 30 minutes, there are 2 solutions: connect the phone to power supply or periodically do something with it (pressing home without unlocking the screen is sufficient)

tranceman_g
Sep 27th, 2008, 23:27
Works greatly !
Thanks !!!

PS : yeah, i got an ipod 3G ! :)

Dan
Sep 28th, 2008, 12:19
Works greatly !
Thanks !!!

PS : yeah, i got an ipod 3G ! :)

oh wow thank you for feedback, were currently working on the looks and other things :) should only get better.

tranceman_g
Oct 1st, 2008, 16:35
Is there any news in the dev?
Suggestions :

Icon:
AH.fm deserves a better icon for the iPhone/iPod Touch "desk"

Main page:
* logo on top of the page
* Currently playing : display the actual info a line below cos the line is sooo short !
* Have the currently playing info scrolling
* Volume slider above or below, but not on the same line as the play controls
* Next /prev button to change the stream address

Online page:
So far, so good

Settings page:
So far, so good.

We "need" a calendar page view :)

Can you use similar code as in Insomnia to get the player unstoppable (ie : no return to iphone sleep state) ? (That would mean : no offical app ever, only jailbroken iPhones)

Willing to test it as much as needed :) ;)

++
T_g

mo_fugga
Oct 5th, 2008, 09:41
how do i get it !?

Dan
Oct 5th, 2008, 15:02
how do i get it !?

http://forum.ah.fm/content-creation/12498-ah-fm-iphone-app-2.html#post518645

read that mate

lethalleigh
Oct 8th, 2008, 18:47
SWEET, wish id heard about this earlier!

Edit: ok so is it because its early hours here, but how do i get this app on to my Ipod touch, i tried getting a browser, but i cant view my ipod???

EDIT: my bad!

EDIT 2: could this app be compiled someway so it can be downloaded to the itouch from the app store???

Dan
Oct 9th, 2008, 11:54
SWEET, wish id heard about this earlier!

Edit: ok so is it because its early hours here, but how do i get this app on to my Ipod touch, i tried getting a browser, but i cant view my ipod???

EDIT: my bad!

EDIT 2: could this app be compiled someway so it can be downloaded to the itouch from the app store???

were working on it, its in early stages now... :) thank you

tranceman_g
Oct 9th, 2008, 12:23
Any new beta so I can try and give opinion/feedback/ideas !?

BTW, I used it this morning ;)

lethalleigh
Oct 9th, 2008, 14:00
were working on it, its in early stages now... :) thank you

:grinning:

Dan
Oct 9th, 2008, 19:14
Any new beta so I can try and give opinion/feedback/ideas !?

BTW, I used it this morning ;)

not cut outs?

hows the quality

tranceman_g
Oct 11th, 2008, 19:40
I didnt get any cut while listening to AH.fm, via Wifi !!!!!

Quality is really good in 192kBs ! :)

Wailo
Oct 20th, 2008, 13:04
Guys, do you still need the graphics for this application?

Dan
Oct 20th, 2008, 17:51
Guys, do you still need the graphics for the this application?

yes sir :) please

Wailo
Oct 21st, 2008, 05:57
OK, before going far deep, I would appreciate if you check these JPEG samples,

I must admit that I don't have the the creative taste of art design, so please state your comments about it, I can do any change you suggest. thus we can get a better version of it.

thanks

Tarek
Oct 21st, 2008, 22:20
That looks VERY pro. You dont want too much of a clutter..especially since you're not using a PC here. Those look nice AND compact.

Then again..what do I know? I don't own an iTouch or phone. But I will be streaming from my own PMP.

Dead on IMO.

DhumKetu
Oct 21st, 2008, 22:37
Anything vaguely similar to what you are looking for?

Wailo
Oct 23rd, 2008, 14:52
That looks VERY pro. You dont want too much of a clutter..especially since you're not using a PC here. Those look nice AND compact.

Then again..what do I know? I don't own an iTouch or phone. But I will be streaming from my own PMP.

Dead on IMO.

Thank you, and agree with you, should be simple and compact.

Anything vaguely similar to what you are looking for?

??????? I didn't get you, sorry...:)

Wailo
Oct 23rd, 2008, 14:59
ok, here are another samples, girlish for the girls over there in AH :wink::lol:

again, I am not that good with art design, so please help by your opinions which one to go for, in order to finish the buttons and the rest of it.

these sample are just to have look at, not the final version.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/4827/background01tj1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/3963/background02xy9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://oct23.imgshare.us/Frf.jpg

http://oct23.imgshare.us/FhJ.jpg

Bottons in order [Setting - Player - Online]

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1156/buttons3in1ma1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://oct23.imgshare.us/GTw.jpg

Thanx

Dan
Oct 24th, 2008, 03:44
i like the buttons nice :)

tranceman_g
Oct 25th, 2008, 17:31
Dhumketu's background is nice !

Exhale
Oct 30th, 2008, 20:40
Guys, you do great pictures, but can you save them to the proper format? :)
All the pictures should be PNG, and each button should be in a separate PNG file.

In addition, once the volume slider is going to be on a separate line, I can add 'no volume' and 'full volume' icons if you do them :) I've made a screenshot of iTunes to show what I mean. They are PNG as always, with transparent background, and I think they should be relatively small, not more than 20x20.

Hopefully, the first version of new UI will be out soon :friends:

Wailo
Nov 2nd, 2008, 14:47
Hello Exhale,

please find the link to the buttons design in PNG format with Alpha channel reserved.

I have made 4 colours so you can freely choose, please contact me if none of them fit.

Each folder has 7 buttons, in order

01 - Volume off (mute) 20x20
02 - Volume on 20x20
03 - Setting 30x30
04 - Player 30x30
05 - Online 30x30
06 - Play 25x25
07 - Stop 25x25

Here is the link

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a84a2dd8a7bc8cccd2db6fb9a8902bda)

Let me know! :grinning:

Dan
Nov 19th, 2008, 03:08
thank you for this :)

Dan
Nov 19th, 2008, 03:11
a few screenshots of the app... and how its taking shape.

Thank you all who contributed.

Exhale
Nov 19th, 2008, 19:33
Wailo, thanks for your pics.
Can you do one more version of volume icons - without background, just white image on transparent? Yhank you :)

Wailo
Nov 19th, 2008, 20:53
a few screenshots of the app... and how its taking shape.

Thank you all who contributed.

Looks nice :grinning:

Wailo, thanks for your pics.
Can you do one more version of volume icons - without background, just white image on transparent? Yhank you :)

Lucky I still have the original master file saved, here you go.

Volume Symbols with Alpha background. in RAR format
Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a84a2dd8a7bc8cccd2db6fb9a8902bda)

Nice work by the way :grinning:

tranceman_g
Nov 20th, 2008, 21:59
Wow !
You're going great !

Suggestion : I personally find that the small grey items on the dark background are disturbing because being eye-catching !
Any try with plain black/dark gray backgd ?

THanx
T_g

Wailo
Nov 21st, 2008, 06:42
Wow !
You're going great !

Suggestion : I personally find that the small grey items on the dark background are disturbing because being eye-catching !
Any try with plain black/dark gray backgd ?

THanx
T_g

Maybe something like this, where the orange area is where the buttons to be replaced and the dark area for the text, hoping that the logo will stay there without interfering with the text.

this background could be done in different colours

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/7934/background03wb9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

tranceman_g
Nov 24th, 2008, 22:25
Wailo, that try is a nice one ... :)

I'd do a straight bar at the bottom, not a curved one ... personal taste / more iphone style ;)

Wailo
Nov 25th, 2008, 03:53
Wailo, that try is a nice one ... :)

I'd do a straight bar at the bottom, not a curved one ... personal taste / more iphone style ;)

Thanks for the comment, here we go.

Plain

http://dqjxtq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pkSP551EMQedG92EcbzdazK4daUKQJYDLLu1HEkWYJN_BRW8L45BiD6NNZTxKvcT2xd8wmg-wFHo/Background%2008.jpg

With textured bar

http://dqjxtq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pmtGXeDOiCctNtWcswLRXFmRNaBvlnhkHNN9NOGpq30szktTKVGZf5rIETFJpsgRIQF6QXMD8gs8/Background%2004.jpg

back to a disturbing one :)

http://dqjxtq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pB4voMKZ0rp5J3DANB2nEPmzBYz4kBcC1lfdXldULjYSXIqNng2RZ9olaGvM_v72sHLkg_y7iUtE/Background%2007.jpg

I believe that the first version of the software should be complete now

Pestiferous
Dec 2nd, 2008, 07:02
Hey thanks to all of you. I had been looking for an app to play my itunes radio with the sole purpose of listening to ah.fm without having to jailbreak my iphone. Anyhow thanks a bundle guys just wish it was free! Not sure how so many cheap bastards keep getting hold of iphones!

Dan
Dec 2nd, 2008, 20:57
the app was submitted to apple.com were waiting on approval. :)

Exhale
Dec 2nd, 2008, 23:00
I like what Wailo does, looks very nice :)
Volume slider can be customized as well, the bar itself and a sliding button, now it is standard, can you do it as well?

Anyway, the first version is done, and more than a week it's in "In review" state. So cross your fingers and be patient :)

Wailo
Dec 3rd, 2008, 11:05
Hey thanks to all of you. I had been looking for an app to play my itunes radio with the sole purpose of listening to ah.fm without having to jailbreak my iphone. Anyhow thanks a bundle guys just wish it was free! Not sure how so many cheap bastards keep getting hold of iphones!

Hello Pestiferous :wave: welcome to AH!

I like what Wailo does, looks very nice :)
Volume slider can be customized as well, the bar itself and a sliding button, now it is standard, can you do it as well?

Anyway, the first version is done, and more than a week it's in "In review" state. So cross your fingers and be patient :)

Thanks Exhale, you have done pretty good job too:grinning: hopefully the software will be approved, if it didn't for any reason, I will be happy to work on it again.

Regarding the volume slider, yes I can do, but I need full size/resolution samples of the software, so I can build the graphics on it.

sharkforce
Dec 9th, 2008, 23:21
can you upload the app to cydia? i dont want to wait 3-6 months for bullshit apple censorship process.

giorgos92
Dec 15th, 2008, 05:43
please put it on here or rapidshare/megaupload or any similar site! We want this app!!!

Dan
Dec 15th, 2008, 12:06
can you upload the app to cydia? i dont want to wait 3-6 months for bullshit apple censorship process.

hi there, what is the process to upload to cydia?

thanks

sharkforce
Dec 15th, 2008, 12:26
hi there, what is the process to upload to cydia?

thanks

from the cydia faq i found this information,

you need to host it on a cydia repository. you can create your own repository, here is a guide to do that its "fairly easy" How to Host a Cydia Repository - Jay Freeman (saurik) (http://www.saurik.com/id/7)

or you can host on a preexisting repository, just talk to one of the community sources, here are some of the community sources email addresses bigboss@bigboss.us.com , kyle@modmyifone.com , ste@psmxy.org

sharkforce
Dec 15th, 2008, 12:31
actually heres a simple form that should work for community source hosting

Apple News | ModMyi.com | iPhone, iPod, Mac, OS X, More - Submit Package for MMi Repos (http://www.modmyi.com/index.php?pageid=submit_package)

Dan
Dec 15th, 2008, 12:34
ok thanks ill pass this onto the main guy from AH IPhone app :)

I need this app also badly haha

sharkforce
Dec 15th, 2008, 12:43
awesome! im hoping to listen to EOYC 2008 through this app while im on vacation in the mountains :D

Dan
Dec 15th, 2008, 13:18
awesome! im hoping to listen to EOYC 2008 through this app while im on vacation in the mountains :D

nice.. ull have wifi there?

SpeCT
Dec 15th, 2008, 18:19

starkforce, ты хуйло!

Hosting applications on such pirate-minded repositories like Cydia and Installer is strongly prohibited. As the worst our "iPhone developer program enrollment" will be canceled and we (developers) will be pointed as bad guys (:beat:). So we will not be able to provide legal applications in AppStore (to gain more money and conquer the world).

I assure you that we are doing everything possible to accelerate the process of application review.

So, please, calm down and wait for the official release in AppStore :hug:

sharkforce
Dec 15th, 2008, 19:57
starkforce, ты хуйло!

Hosting applications on such pirate-minded repositories like Cydia and Installer is strongly prohibited. As the worst our "iPhone developer program enrollment" will be canceled and we (developers) will be pointed as bad guys (:beat:). So we will not be able to provide legal applications in AppStore (to gain more money and conquer the world).

I assure you that we are doing everything possible to accelerate the process of application review.

So, please, calm down and wait for the official release in AppStore :hug:
cydia isnt pirate minded its open source and free. Are free applications for Windows or MacOS illegal? Nope, and same with the iPhone OS . Unless you plan on hosting apps that you would normally have to pay for, ITS NOT PIRACY.

Half the apps in the app store came from the apps that started to show up in installer before the sdk was released(sauce: Apps from Installer now in App Store (http://www.modmyi.com/forums/apple-appstore-app-discussion/256321-apps-installer-now-app-store.html) ). what if your app is denied in the app store pruning process what then?! :[
Just in case you feel the appstore is the end all be all platform for new software on the iphone maby you should read this, im sure you're aware of the limitiations apple has over what your software can do. ie no background processes
IPhone Apps: Why We Still Need the iPhone App Black Market (http://gizmodo.com/5027790/why-we-still-need-the-iphone-app-black-market)

further i would like to know where is your source that says you will be banned from puttings apps into the appstore by having an app published in a cydia repo.

radoxx
Dec 15th, 2008, 20:50
Hey guys, i know thts maybe a little offtopic here..

are there any players for mobile phones (got an Sony Ericsson P1i, running Symbian 9.1 with UIQ 3) that can handle streamed music?

sharkforce
Dec 15th, 2008, 21:00
Hey guys, i know thts maybe a little offtopic here..

are there any players for mobile phones (got an Sony Ericsson P1i, running Symbian 9.1 with UIQ 3) that can handle streamed music?
Looking for a uiq3 shoutcast player : Symbian phones : Sony Ericsson @ Esato (http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=156357)

Pocket Net Radio 1.2 (Mobile Essentials) - Details - Sony Ericsson P1i - SymbianGear (http://www.symbiangear.com/en/usd/device:Sony%2BEricsson_P1i/product_503671_details.html)

sharkforce
Dec 15th, 2008, 21:07
i just found out that VLC4iphone will stream any shoutcast stream and do video FOR FREE so i think il be using this instead il still give your app a try when it comes out though. :music:

Pollux
Jan 15th, 2009, 14:30
any news of the application? i'm really lookin forward to it :)

piccoli
Jan 15th, 2009, 15:05
any news of the application? i'm really lookin forward to it :)

Dan told the AH app was submitted to apple and waiting for approval :)

meanwhile you can use this on the iphone http://forum.ah.fm/help-support-feedback/15056-ah-iphone.html#post723003

AlteredState
Jan 16th, 2009, 18:07
I've found a way to stream AH.FM through my iPhone touch.

1.) Download the application, "FStream (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=289892007&mt=8)" (opens the iTunes Music store)
2.) With these Settings:

Name: ah.fm
URL: http://at2(dot)ah(dot)fm:80
Format: m3u
Bitrate (kbs): 192

3.) Save these Settings
4.) Select "ah.fm" on the main screen and let Fstream connect! :-)

I USED THE AH.FM ITUNES 192K LINK (Austria, Firewall friendly)

my campus restricts all ports except 80 so the the firewall friendly link was the only way I could stream ah.fm through this network.

Dan
Jan 16th, 2009, 18:16
you can download free app called shoutcast from app store there you can go under electronic genre and find AH on top :)

we have submitted the official AH.FM app to apple but seems a long time for them to approve it.

cheers mate

AlteredState
Jan 16th, 2009, 18:45
I had used "shoutcast" for the ipod touch before I found "fstream," but it felt too much for what I wanted.

I knew that my university restricts all ports except for HTTP (80) and the only two stations that I found were AH.FM and DI.FM. Perfect for what I needed! FStream was simple and easy to add streams.

In fact, I found that FStream included the directory from Shoutcast and I was able to find AH.FM listed within the program along with many other electronic dance music streams.

Thanks and I will look forward to hearing the release of this application.

Dan
Jan 16th, 2009, 18:58
I had used "shoutcast" for the ipod touch before I found "fstream," but it felt too much for what I wanted.

I knew that my university restricts all ports except for HTTP (80) and the only two stations that I found were AH.FM and DI.FM. Perfect for what I needed! FStream was simple and easy to add streams.

In fact, I found that FStream included the directory from Shoutcast and I was able to find AH.FM listed within the program along with many other electronic dance music streams.

Thanks and I will look forward to hearing the release of this application.

super, thank you for the info :)
glad you can tune in :)

Robbie
Jan 24th, 2009, 20:43
im finding vlc4iphone to be working great too. even streams over 3g perfectly

B-Rad
Jan 29th, 2009, 19:26
Fantastic. Just downloaded in the bus. And listened to it all the way home. Thanks for that.

Wailo
Apr 5th, 2009, 18:57
Still any hope left for the software to be released in Apple store? Any news?
Been over four months since submitted.:fishing:

SpeCT
Apr 8th, 2009, 12:11
WWHEEEELLAAAAAAHH!!!1 :super:

I've just received email from AppStore review group. It confirms that our application is ready to deploy. Holly apple! Application has been reviewed for 4.5 long months...

So since yesterday you can find it by clickin this url: Afterhours @ iTunes Store (http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=298042603&mt=8)

PS: Feel free to rate and post reviews on AppStore page :whistle:
PPS: AAAGRRRRRHH!!! With Exhale we cant decribe our feelings :drunk: :super: :dance:

tranceman_g
Apr 8th, 2009, 13:03
I just installed it the second I saw your msg !
Will be testing it asap !!

Thanx for the alert !
And BIG thx to the dev !

++

tranceman_g
Apr 8th, 2009, 13:07
ANd i just uninstalled it to reinstall it just to give it a FIVE STAR rating !

The app works GREAT ! it's flawless ....

Over 3G : no cut on the 192kbs stream !

HUGE THANX :) :) :) :) :)

Wailo
Apr 8th, 2009, 13:48
WWHEEEELLAAAAAAHH!!!1 :super:

I've just received email from AppStore review group. It confirms that our application is ready to deploy. Holly apple! Application has been reviewed for 4.5 long months...

So since yesterday you can find it by clickin this url: Afterhours @ iTunes Store (http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=298042603&mt=8)

PS: Feel free to rate and post reviews on AppStore page :whistle:
PPS: AAAGRRRRRHH!!! With Exhale we cant decribe our feelings :drunk: :super: :dance:

I just installed it the second I saw your msg !
Will be testing it asap !!

Thanx for the alert !
And BIG thx to the dev !

++

ANd i just uninstalled it to reinstall it just to give it a FIVE STAR rating !

The app works GREAT ! it's flawless ....

Over 3G : no cut on the 192kbs stream !

HUGE THANX :) :) :) :) :)

Very Good news!:bravo:

Yeah! Thanks to everyone been involved.

Exhale
Apr 8th, 2009, 16:12
Yeah, finally it went live!!!:super: And now it can grow and evolve :)
Big thanks to everyone who participated and who were just patient enough :sleeping::)

piccoli
Apr 17th, 2009, 20:20
Very Good news!:bravo:

Yeah! Thanks to everyone been involved.

installed already and it's working great:bravo::bravo:

and one feature i like, takes you direct to thread of the set is playing:mml::bravo:

sharkforce
May 1st, 2009, 00:08
one problem with the app, when im driving the stream likes to die alot, (full 3g signal on the freeway) and not come back. sometimes when im not getting enough bandwith sure it buffers but the stream stays alive, but alot of times it will just say buffering... never buffer and a popup will say the station is no longer available. can you make it so that when this happens it automattically stops and tries to reconnect to the stream???

Wailo
May 1st, 2009, 23:41
installed already and it's working great:bravo::bravo:

and one feature i like, takes you direct to thread of the set is playing:mml::bravo:

Can't wait to get rid of my Nokia 6230 and switch to the iPhone :ee:

one problem with the app, when im driving the stream likes to die alot, (full 3g signal on the freeway) and not come back. sometimes when im not getting enough bandwith sure it buffers but the stream stays alive, but alot of times it will just say buffering... never buffer and a popup will say the station is no longer available. can you make it so that when this happens it automattically stops and tries to reconnect to the stream???

I think this is a very good idea, it is up to Exhale to consider it in the next version of this application. :friends:

lxcxs
Jun 22nd, 2009, 00:00
Glad to know I'm not the only one with the issue! I noticed after about 5 min of play the stream dies and I have to press play again.. Would love for it to play continuously without an issue! Especially when such great sets are streaming :choon:

Great work so far!!!

Dan
Jun 23rd, 2009, 13:33
Glad to know I'm not the only one with the issue! I noticed after about 5 min of play the stream dies and I have to press play again.. Would love for it to play continuously without an issue! Especially when such great sets are streaming :choon:

Great work so far!!!

are you using shoutcast app to connect in?

Flenk
Jun 23rd, 2009, 19:57
This will be a very useful App, since I get in a few weeks time the new Iphone:):)

LBRapid
Jun 24th, 2009, 00:03
works fine on wifi in my house. will let you know how it performs on my 3gs once i get it tomorrow

dmsoft
Jul 5th, 2009, 21:14
Hello,

I have iphone 3gs and i can test application on Rogers 3G network. I do have 16 GB download plan.

Thanks
DM.

dmsoft
Jul 5th, 2009, 21:15
Hello,

I can test application if you need, I have latest iphone 3gs with good data plan.

Thanks
DM

Wailo
Jul 6th, 2009, 00:25
Hello,

I can test application if you need, I have latest iphone 3gs with good data plan.

Thanks
DM

Lucky you :P I am still struggling with my nokia 6230 :lol:

In your iphone go to Itunes store and search for "afterhours" you will find it there, it is a free application.

direct link Afterhours @ iTunes Store (http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=298042603&mt=8)

Been tested by AHers, it is working fine, but still has lots to be added, I would recommend using it through WiFi connection or only when the 3G connection is stable, because you will have to reconnect manually every time it disconnects :grinning:

also there are other applications you can use to tune in, Shoutcast is a good one, but you will be missing some AH features, like showing the next playing sets and direct link to the current active thread, if tracklist is necessary for you.

Wailo :friends:

dmsoft
Jul 6th, 2009, 02:15
Hi

Thanks for reply, is that i want to see codebase , how it working shoutcast aac + encoding , I also working for one iphone radio project.

If you can provide some detail it will help to me.

Thanks
DM.

LBRapid
Jul 6th, 2009, 10:48
Thanks for the app!

I have been using it on the 3gs no problem :)