PDA

View Full Version : Where should a newbie head to?

wangstramedeous
Dec 27th, 2008, 04:18
I've always liked trance/house/dance music since I was a kid but never been out clubbing at a trance club. I live up in peterborough, where in Toronto would be a good spot to check for a first timer? Any good spots or hostels to crash for the night?

kamranf
Dec 27th, 2008, 04:31
Go to the Guvernment. They close at 7-8 am, so you wont need a place to stay at.
Afterwards you can go straight back to your town.

There are also afterhours clubs in Toronto. Most of them play awesome Music. Its just not a place to go alone. So, I wouldnt recomend any of those ...

wangstramedeous
Dec 27th, 2008, 05:27
yeah thanks. I have heard of the guv but is it really all that? or just a good place to start off?

SpaceCadet
Dec 29th, 2008, 06:26
if your into trance/house i would go to Guvernment, Mark Oliver usually puts on a good show

kamranf
Jan 13th, 2009, 19:35
Its not only Guv. Depending on what genre of music you like, you can go to different places like footwork, after life, comfort zone ...
Honestly, some of them dont have good reputations, and a lot of people think they are sketchi and very dirty places, but the music and the dj are past awesome!

t4e
Jan 13th, 2009, 19:48
if your into trance/house i would go to Guvernment, Mark Oliver usually puts on a good show

i wouldn't say Oliver plays trance, just house....and lately The Guv hasn't managed to bring any good dj's...every other place in this country had a big name DJ for New Years, nothing at The Guv :(...i don't know what is going on and what plans they have for the future, but the 2008 calendar was nowhere near the magnitude of 2007

kamranf
Jan 13th, 2009, 20:10
GO GO ABOVE & BEYOND