PDA

View Full Version : JayCan - The Essential Mix Part One

JayCan
May 25th, 2009, 09:42
Hi there :)

Yesterday was the day....after i had this mix in mind over a long time and never find the time or the muse to do it , yesterday it happened.

Inspired by my dear friend LAZARUS and his I AM DJ COMPETITION MIX and hearing one of the old Essential mixes by Paul Oakenfold i did my first essential mix

im very happy about that and want it to share with you

it includes alot of new tracks and also a handfull of older ones you all know

The Tracklist is just ...puh...yess i just mixed and so it can be different of that what you read here..

if you find any mistake pls feel free to overwrite the tracklist :mask:

here we go...

1 Pedro del Mar vs Estigma Angels in the Dark Marco Torrance Filmbient Mix
2 Schiller Stille Album Version
3 Ingsha Nirvana Original Mix
4 Dyor & Friend Sashimi Neverending Dyor Mix
5 High Noon @ Salinas Whales Original Rework
6 Faruk Sabanci Leaving Ankara Original Mix
7 DJ Substance Miles Away DJ Substance Remix
8 Rozza London to Bangkok Harris C Remix
9 Dragor Nebula Original Mix
10 Stoneface & Terminal Blueprint Club Mix
11 ID ID
12 Mike Foyle Pandora The Blizzard Remix
13 Manuel Le Saux Reflex Original Mix
14 Torsten Stenzel Requiem Classic Version
15 Schiller Das Glockenspiel Live Version
16 Airwave Bartignolles Blues - ??
17 Luke Terry Tears of Disbelief Original Mix
18 Claudia Cazaku Quatrain 1
19 Luke Terry Slipping Sideways Original Mix
20 Claudia Cazaku Quatrain 2
21 Claudia Cazaku & Fabio Stein Cazakistein Original Epic Mix
22 Ram Goodspeed Original Mix
23 John O Callaghan Find Yourself Cosmic Gate Remix
24 Three Drives Greece 2000 Sander van Dien Remix
25 ID ID
26 Cesar Lugo pres. Stell Prototype Vitality Original Mix
27 Knald Knald Original Mix
28 ReOrder Indecisive Original Mix

The Essential Mix Part One (http://jaycan.dfx.at/JayCan%20-%20Essential%20Mix%20Part%201.mp3)
right click save target as

For feedback always welcome

dont forget to vote pls

cheers
JayCan

Toma
May 25th, 2009, 14:10
downloading :)

JayCan
May 25th, 2009, 14:15
THX :bow:

JayCan
May 25th, 2009, 16:03
mhhm...

not many interest

jddavid86
May 25th, 2009, 18:55
will check it:book:

Screamboy
May 25th, 2009, 19:45
Download now, bro! Comments later, like always!:bravo:

danmark_ori
May 25th, 2009, 22:37
:book: G-mail .. .. .. :blink: :bravo:

:grinning: thanks for messaging me JayCan ! :hug:

piccoli
May 25th, 2009, 22:41
mhhm...

not many interest

give it a chance to people see this Jaycan:lol:

dfx
May 26th, 2009, 01:08
ok, here is my personal account of my experience from listening to this "essential mix" (whose name, btw, i find somewhat misleading, as it uses another show's name and may make people think this was an actual EM...)

the intro was very well picked and definitely made me curious about where this set would lead to. i found it quite impressive and also the transitions between the instrumental/ambient tracks were well done, even though (i think) not perfectly in key. maybe this first phase of the set couldve been a tad bit shorter, but then the set soon picks up and moves to nice melodic trance. it then makes a nice progression towards more energy and finally reaches a point which i felt was the climax and made me get the :choon: smileys out.

however, this was then abruptly interrupted by track #14... while such an intentional "drop" and break in flow may be a nice effect in a set (and i definitely remember some sets whcih perfectly incorporate such an effect) and also the track itself may be well suited for this purpose, the set then fails to get back up to speed afterwards. unfortunately i felt the set didn't recover until the very end, as it continued to be dominated by lower bpm and less energetic tracks.

respect for the attempt to imitate the style of certain older EMs, but this is quite a steep slippery slope to climb and the challenge is quite tough (and of course this is just my personal view). the first half was quite excellent - the second part by itself was fine too, only the sequence made it somewhat awkward. i hope this provides some useful feedback for part 2 :)

JayCan
May 26th, 2009, 07:25
Thank you DFX for this feedback....yess im with you, the second half had should been the first and the first the second ..then it had matched more perfect.

Generally im happy with that, some transitions were hard to do with the cdj 100 coz of the pitch bar...i need 400 soon :mml:

it definatly helps me for part TWO where i will for sure think about your feedback and for sure i will PLAN it before doing it....

This one was just...take some cds..put them in...yess mix it...oh sounds okay :mml:

Thanks for feedback

ReOrder
May 26th, 2009, 18:11
It is amazing man, and thanks for playing my tune there in the end!:choon:

JayCan
May 26th, 2009, 18:24
It is amazing man, and thanks for playing my tune there in the end!:choon:

Thank you Bro :hug:

always welcome:friends:

*AvA*
May 28th, 2009, 18:22
downloading :clap:

Lazarus
May 28th, 2009, 19:27
Hi mate, I've had this on today! Sorry it took me ages to get round to but I've been trying to get through all the other competition entries before the voting closed :smile:

Love the track selection, demonstrates a nice appreciation of the some of the pioneers of the genre which is excellent :grinning2:

Mixing is very tight :music: Am very much looking forward to part two :bravo:

JayCan
May 29th, 2009, 06:41
THX for feedback :clap:

pagefield hotel
May 29th, 2009, 13:26
downloading now

JayCan
Jun 3rd, 2009, 18:12
no comments anymore ??

TeroA
Jun 3rd, 2009, 18:17
Just haven't had time for listening it yet :music:

trancefan0883
Jun 3rd, 2009, 19:20
fantastic set :choon: after :choon:

lethalleigh
Jun 11th, 2009, 06:49
i am finally downloading! sorry jaycan, its goin on the itouch for in depth analysing :P

JayCan
Jun 11th, 2009, 07:58
fantastic set :choon: after :choon:
Thank you very very much :hug:

i am finally downloading! sorry jaycan, its goin on the itouch for in depth analysing :P

haha everything right my friend...time is expensive these days in that rushing world :friends::hug:

lethalleigh
Jun 11th, 2009, 16:37
haha everything right my friend...time is expensive these days in that rushing world :friends::hug:

rushing world yes it is a lot of the time, but always time for :music:
i dont live right without my adequate doses, and that includes playing with tunes!

DJ Senzor
Jun 11th, 2009, 19:47
Nice tracks, good set, great mix. The intro was a little too long for me, meaning you picked up the beat a little late, but that is just my taste. The intro was very good, nicely selected track, momentum keeps going until one point when it drops again. Overall, very good.

JayCan
Jun 12th, 2009, 11:19
Thank you for feedback DJ Senzor

:hug:

Jacob Cross
Sep 13th, 2009, 16:59
:music:

pagefield hotel
Sep 14th, 2009, 13:23
no comments anymore ??

cracker of a set :dance: