PDA

View Full Version : Any trance lovers out there in Manchester or anywhere in UK?!!

sasha-k
Jun 17th, 2009, 22:42
Hi everyone:)

My favourite dance music is trance and im doing a dj course at the moment.I live in Manchester and my problem is none of my friends like trance and there are so many festivals and clubs I want to go to but I have nobody to go with.I really would lov e to make some new friends who are also into trance and to go out with. Like the Luminosity beach festival 4th July in Amsterdam I really want to go to but nobody to go with and also got ticket to see Tiesto at Victoria park in London end of July but again nobody to go with but I have bought a ticket anyway cos he is my favourite Dj.

It will be such a big difference to my life if I can find people into trance too. To go festivals and clubs with or just talk about trance music and dj together.

Be lovely to meet people from manchester but anywhere is fine as I can easily travel to london or birmingham,anywhere for nights out.

Look forward to hear from u
:super:

Ps I also like house music too altho trance is closer to my heart so I like all festivals.

Sash

Ryan1981
Jun 30th, 2009, 02:25
Hi im Ryan and im from Manchester! I also love Trance and Hard Dance. Be good to hear from you.

JamesRong
Jul 3rd, 2009, 22:29
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let everone know that there is a new Trance night starting in Manchester this September.

Ive lived in Manchester now for about 18 months & im starting to get bored of all the minimal techno, house & gash that most of the clubs play. Dont get me RONG, music is my passion & there's not really one genre that i hate but im sure you will all agree, theres nothing like hearing a banging Trance tune pounding out of a 6ft speaker...Sadly, the chance to whitness such a fine thing is not very common in Manchester.

Well....

Ive set up a night called RONG. The launch party is at AREA51, Manchester on 04/09/2009 & we've booked a pretty nifty line up to kick it off....

LAUNCH PARTY GUEST DJ'S

GREG DOWNEY (DJ MAG TOP 100 DJ)
JORDAN SUCKLEY (GOODGREEF)
MATT EVERSON (GG 8TH BIRTHDAY, BRANDED)

I am looking to run a monthly Friday night at ARE51 & plan to put the best DJ's I can get my hands on every single month.

If your into Trance & you can get to Manchester on the 4th, I would really apreciate it. It's going to be an absolutely thrashing night & hopefully, if it gets a good response, a regular monthly Event.

You can find all the details about the night & Tickets etc on Facebook. Search for: Rong Manchester. Make friends with us & Join the: RONG // Manchester group.

So, thats enuff blurb....Now I'd like a bit of feedback on all that?

What do you think? Are you going to pop down?

Cheers Guys,

James ;o)

Lazarus
Jul 4th, 2009, 14:09
If you don't mind making the trip down the M62, I think Digital Society in Leeds is the best club night in the country :grinning:

Oh, and :welcome: to AH :wave:

sasha-k
Jul 15th, 2009, 23:27
Wow that is great news about the manchester trance nite at area 51, about time n i defo will b there :)

sasha-k
Jul 15th, 2009, 23:28
Hi Lazarus what nite is digital society on :)

Vicky Wood
Jul 15th, 2009, 23:46
Gareth Emery and Above & Beyond are playing at Sankeys in Manchester soon, sometime next month I believe, both doing 3hr sets, can't be bad!

sasha-k
Jul 17th, 2009, 22:27
Yeah im going to that one in august, should be a blinding set :) r u in manc?

Lazarus
Jul 17th, 2009, 22:40
Hi Lazarus what nite is digital society on :)
It's always the second Friday night of the month mate, although they're not back on till September now!

Gareth Emery and Above & Beyond are playing at Sankeys in Manchester soon, sometime next month I believe, both doing 3hr sets, can't be bad!That'll be Garuda, heard great things, don't think I can make this though...

Vicky Wood
Jul 18th, 2009, 09:31
Yeah im going to that one in august, should be a blinding set :) r u in manc?

No I'm in East Anglia, bit of a trek for me to get to Manchester xDDD
Birmingham is about the furthest place I go for my nights out \o/

sasha-k
Jul 18th, 2009, 13:58
It's always the second Friday night of the month mate, although they're not back on till September now!
That'll be Garuda, heard great things, don't think I can make this though...

Cool,i will have to go check it out in sep :) Yeah garuda nite should b fab

sasha-k
Jul 18th, 2009, 13:59
No I'm in East Anglia, bit of a trek for me to get to Manchester xDDD
Birmingham is about the furthest place I go for my nights out \o/

Ah shame otherwise we can party together, last thing u need is long drive home after up all nite hehe. Im going london to see tiesto end of this month in victoria park, cant wait, great excuse for wkend away in london too:)

willwatson
Jul 19th, 2009, 01:36
Hey sasha, welcome to ah!

Myself and Akira Kayosa (both ah djs) play in Manchester on a regular basis.

There is a monthly night on at the music box called 'majefa' and it's run by two top blokes called Antonio and Tom. Like Digital Society they are also taking a break for the summer and will be back in September. Keep an eye out for heir posters.

Search for 'majefa' at dontstayin.com and you should find their regulars group.

Hope this helps!

sasha-k
Jul 22nd, 2009, 21:52
Hey sasha, welcome to ah!

Myself and Akira Kayosa (both ah djs) play in Manchester on a regular basis.

There is a monthly night on at the music box called 'majefa' and it's run by two top blokes called Antonio and Tom. Like Digital Society they are also taking a break for the summer and will be back in September. Keep an eye out for heir posters.

Search for 'majefa' at dontstayin.com and you should find their regulars group.

Hope this helps!

Great thanks for that, i saw this on th net a while ago n thought the nite had stopped, will defo go to it when it reopens :music:

ImmortalTechnique
Jul 26th, 2009, 02:53
Hi sasha i find myself having the same problem all of my mates hate trance and i ahve no one to go to tance nights out now im back in home in bradford.
i lived in london for a few years and got into the underground psy trance with a few friends from down there. But now im back up noth i have no one to go with.
drop me a line and maybe we can keep each other company
ps any chance of buying a tiesto ticket? I was going to the gallery at ministry which is the after party to tiesto but id much rather go to the main event!
drop me a line or somthing

miahw
Jul 28th, 2009, 01:36
I'm always going to trance events in London (and the Midlands) and am going to "Discover Records, MPFS & Prehab". Details are:

Start Time: Saturday, 12 September 2009 at 22:00
End Time: Sunday, 13 September 2009 at 06:00
Town/City: London, United Kingdom

lineup:
John Askew
Activa
Ben Gold
Sly One vs Jurrane
David Murtagh
Tom Yelland
Matt Kirkland

Are you on facebook? I've already booked my ticket for this event. It's gonna be awesome!

Milnerbeats
Aug 1st, 2009, 17:45
I and many of my current friends had this exact problem and we all met by just going to the nights alone you soon meet people..go to the right nights and everyone is so friendly.

Get yourself to digital society leeds its the friendliest and got the best atmosphere too. Lots of people from manchester go there.

sasha-k
Aug 14th, 2009, 14:04
Hi sasha i find myself having the same problem all of my mates hate trance and i ahve no one to go to tance nights out now im back in home in bradford.
i lived in london for a few years and got into the underground psy trance with a few friends from down there. But now im back up noth i have no one to go with.
drop me a line and maybe we can keep each other company
ps any chance of buying a tiesto ticket? I was going to the gallery at ministry which is the after party to tiesto but id much rather go to the main event!
drop me a line or somthing

If ur on facebook,add me.sasha van oceana
ive not been on here for a while so too late about Tiesto,i didnt go in the end cos had something else on.Did u manage to get to the after party :)

sasha-k
Aug 14th, 2009, 14:05
I'm always going to trance events in London (and the Midlands) and am going to "Discover Records, MPFS & Prehab". Details are:

Start Time: Saturday, 12 September 2009 at 22:00
End Time: Sunday, 13 September 2009 at 06:00
Town/City: London, United Kingdom

lineup:
John Askew
Activa
Ben Gold
Sly One vs Jurrane
David Murtagh
Tom Yelland
Matt Kirkland

Are you on facebook? I've already booked my ticket for this event. It's gonna be awesome!

This event sounds really good, shame im not down in london on that date.Yeah im on fb, add me next time ur on:) sasha van oceana

sasha-k
Aug 14th, 2009, 14:07
I and many of my current friends had this exact problem and we all met by just going to the nights alone you soon meet people..go to the right nights and everyone is so friendly.

Get yourself to digital society leeds its the friendliest and got the best atmosphere too. Lots of people from manchester go there.

Yeah everyone says go to Digital society,ive never been n must get myself there.Thanks for that:)

JamesRong
Aug 20th, 2009, 22:23
Hi Guys,

Just thought i would let you all know. We have 2 weeks till the RONG launch party @ AREA51 Manchester.

Its on Friday 4th September , 10pm - 5am.

CLUB ROOM1 /////

GREG DOWNEY
JORDAN SUCKLEY
MATT EVERSON
JAMES RIGBY
MORRIARTY

CLUB ROOM2 /////

MONEYPENNY
CRAIG CARTELL
THE FETISH
PAUL STEVENS

Full details & tickets can be found on the following sites:

FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/edittopic.php?uid=87650523524&action=8#/group.php?gid=220312635787&ref=ts

DONT STAY IN
Houseparty vs Rong - DontStayIn (http://www.dontstayin.com/uk/manchester/area51/2009/sep/04/event-216102)

SKIDDLE
http://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Manchester/AREA51/Rong---Greg-Downey-Jordan-Suckley-Matt-Everson/11292176/ (http://www.skiddle.com/events/11292176/)

Will we be seeing you there?

Cheers

James (Rong) :music:

ImmortalTechnique
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:20
If ur on facebook,add me.sasha van oceana
ive not been on here for a while so too late about Tiesto,i didnt go in the end cos had something else on.Did u manage to get to the after party :)

Lol i have to say that it was the most laughable attempt at goin for a night out. We got as far as leeds and the driver remembered it was his wifes birthday! So no driver meant that we could not get trollyed so we just kept it local

so you been anywhere good recently

Bang Bang Boom
Aug 29th, 2009, 00:15
we have dave pearce, eddie halliwell and aly & filla at the syndicate in blackpool.. not very often tho

Neil Bamford
Sep 2nd, 2009, 14:47
hey sasha :o) i help run DS Invitation which is in the 2nd room at Digital Society. The next night we have on is next Friday (11th sep). u should come down, there are loads of people from manchester that come down and all of them are proper friendly so u will no problems getting back safely with people :o)

Akira and Marcos are playing at the next room not including Menno, Super8&Tab, Patterson and the others in the main room. grab me on facespace and get invovled ;o)

Digital Society (http://www.digitalsociety.co.uk)

squig
Sep 11th, 2009, 14:11
hello people, me and a couple of friends are heading to mancester for halloween, and i was wondering, are there any trance nites on the 31st? ive tried searching the net but cant find anything....would also be intrested in house and/or techno nites.

thanks for the help

Transient Motion
Sep 30th, 2009, 21:03
Hey, I'm in manchester and pretty much in the same situation. My mates that go out clubbing went home after finishing uni, and my other mate lives in southport where theres no decent nights out. We've been wanting a good trance night out so give us a shout if you're up for a mad night out!

JamesRong
Oct 20th, 2009, 12:50
hello people, me and a couple of friends are heading to mancester for halloween, and i was wondering, are there any trance nites on the 31st? ive tried searching the net but cant find anything....would also be intrested in house and/or techno nites.

thanks for the help

Hi Squig,

Noticed you are in Manchester for Halloween weekend. I run a night called RONG & We have a night at The Music Box on Oxford road on Friday 30/10/2009.

Here is link to our launch party video from September -
http://www.youtube.com/v/EfgGAQiXhAE%26hl%3den%26fs%3d1%26

30/10/2009 LINE UP ////

MAIN ROOM // TRANCE, TECH TRANCE, TECHNO /////
JOHN ASKEW (DISCOVER)
ACTIVA (DISCOVER / ALBUM LAUNCH NIGHT)
JORDAN SUCKLEY (GOODGREEF RESIDENT)
JAMES RIGBY (RONG / SECTOR 9)
MORRIARTY (RONG / CREAM IBIZA TOUR)

ROOM 2 // HOUSE, ELECTRO, TECH HOUSE, MINIMAL /////
UBERCHIC (GOODGREEF WAREHOUSE PROJECT / 4DECK SET)
MONEPENNY (RONG / SANKEYS)
CRAIG CARTELL (RONG / HOUSECENTRIC)
THE FETISH (SANKEYS)

Here is our eflyer below. Hope to see you there ;o)

For full details, visit - www.rongaudio.com (http://www.rongaudio.com)

JamesRong
Oct 20th, 2009, 12:54
Hey, I'm in manchester and pretty much in the same situation. My mates that go out clubbing went home after finishing uni, and my other mate lives in southport where theres no decent nights out. We've been wanting a good trance night out so give us a shout if you're up for a mad night out!

Hi Transient,

Noticed your into Trance mate. I run a night in Manchester called RONG.

We have a night at The Music Box on Oxford road on Friday 30/10/2009.

Here is link to our launch party video from September -
http://www.youtube.com/v/EfgGAQiXhAE...en%26fs%3d1%26 (http://www.youtube.com/v/EfgGAQiXhAE%26hl%3den%26fs%3d1%26)

30/10/2009 LINE UP ////

MAIN ROOM // TRANCE, TECH TRANCE, TECHNO /////
JOHN ASKEW (DISCOVER)
ACTIVA (DISCOVER / ALBUM LAUNCH NIGHT)
JORDAN SUCKLEY (GOODGREEF RESIDENT)
JAMES RIGBY (RONG / SECTOR 9)
MORRIARTY (RONG / CREAM IBIZA TOUR)

ROOM 2 // HOUSE, ELECTRO, TECH HOUSE, MINIMAL /////
UBERCHIC (GOODGREEF WAREHOUSE PROJECT / 4DECK SET)
MONEPENNY (RONG / SANKEYS)
CRAIG CARTELL (RONG / HOUSECENTRIC)
THE FETISH (SANKEYS)

For full details, visit - www.rongaudio.com (http://www.rongaudio.com)

Let me know if you can make it pal ;o)

pagefield hotel
Oct 22nd, 2009, 11:24
had a cracking night, top techno http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/228/cheersears.jpg (http://img203.imageshack.us/i/cheersears.jpg/)

RaverKeefus
Mar 25th, 2010, 00:57
Im in Leeds on a monthly basis doing photography for a night called Digital Society - Should defo check it out ;)

Lazarus
Mar 25th, 2010, 01:00
Im in Leeds on a monthly basis doing photography for a night called Digital Society - Should defo check it out ;)

:welcome: mate good to see you here :wave:

RaverKeefus
Mar 25th, 2010, 01:06
:welcome: mate good to see you here :wave:
Cheers mate - Blame it on Garuda Live ;-)

mickey80
Apr 2nd, 2010, 08:31
Hi All, new to after hours.fm . comin to manchester for the summer. who wants to party it up TRANCE Style???????????

IcEmAn911
Apr 3rd, 2010, 13:23
East Midlands here and we usually head over to Gatecrasher Nottingham, although we did go over to Birmingham NEC for Tiesto :)

MAJEFA
May 30th, 2010, 16:14
For those of you that are in Manchester this summer, check out;

MAJEFA Summer Trance Special
Friday 6th August 2010
22:00 - 04:00
Sound Control
1 New Wakefield Street, Manchester

Simon Patterson
Guyver
Fast Distance
Akira Kayosa
Tom Rains

Tickets only 9 + booking fee, available at www.theticketsellers.co.uk (http://www.theticketsellers.co.uk)
For more information email majefamanchester@hotmail.co.uk

lucyclare
Nov 13th, 2010, 01:36
Can't believe there are others out there who love trance but don't have anyone to go with! I moved to Manchester 5 years ago and gave up the ghost with trance - nobody seemed to go to any in Mancheser and I've been gutted about it. I used live in Sheffield with Gatecrasher (which burnt down after I left!) and went pretty much every weekend then, suddenly, nothing in Manchester. If anyone is still reading these posts - i'd defiinitely be up for going.

Starscream
Jan 27th, 2011, 23:21
Bringing this back from the dead, I know this thread started in like 09
so are there still solid trance venues about? :P
I missed above and beyond - which sucked **** (only because they were on at Boxing Day)

Atm none of my friends are into my music tastes - which is fine, but I need to get out and hear some live stuff although it will never be as good as the 90s :__: (not as if I was around then though :P)

Anybody know of any big events happening soon?

:music:

berto999
Feb 15th, 2011, 01:47
i feel for you guys, glasgow has had a pretty steady stream of amazin events since i turned 18 (and could finally attend them) in october

MAJEFA
Jun 2nd, 2011, 01:13
Spotted this from last year so I thought i'd let anyone interested in the Manchester trance scene about this next event.....

MAJEFA Summer Trance Special 'Live Broadcast'
Friday 5th August 2011
@ Sound Control
1 New Wakefield Street
Manchester
M1 5NP

Sean Tyas [Armada / Discover]
Signum [Armada]
Manuel Le Saux [Discover]
Akira Kayosa [Flashover]
Hiddenagenda [OTR residents]

Tickets//
Early, early birds: 9
Early birds: 11
Advance: 13.50

Available at:
What's On Guide, Tickets, Events, Gig Dates, Festivals, Hotels and Restaurants (http://www.skiddle.com)
TheTicketSellers | Selling Tickets for Clubs, Festivals and other Events (http://www.theticketsellers.co.uk)

Dante
Jan 6th, 2012, 00:11
Thanks for the info Majefa... will be there for sure. But it's not until August!

Does anyone know any other good trance nights coming up anywhere, or of anything similar?

Aside from Sankeys, where else do people go in Manchester?? Now that warehouse project has ended not sure where to go!

Lazarus
Jan 6th, 2012, 09:08
Thanks for the info Majefa... will be there for sure. But it's not until August!

Does anyone know any other good trance nights coming up anywhere, or of anything similar?

Aside from Sankeys, where else do people go in Manchester?? Now that warehouse project has ended not sure where to go!

Versatile is a free event every three months in Manchester - next one is coming up in February I believe, always a top time at that place :)

jonomurphy3
Jan 10th, 2012, 14:38
london here! Anyone else?

pagefield hotel
Mar 2nd, 2012, 15:10
london here! Anyone else?

no mate, unlucky being there :mask:

pagefield hotel
Mar 2nd, 2012, 15:22
For those of you that are in Manchester this summer, check out;

MAJEFA Summer Trance Special
Friday 6th August 2010
Sound Control
1 New Wakefield Street, Manchester

Simon Patterson
Guyver
Fast Distance
Akira Kayosa
Tom Rains

Tickets only 9 + booking fee, available at www.theticketsellers.co.uk (http://www.theticketsellers.co.uk)
For more information email majefamanchester@hotmail.co.uk

Clive Henry on this weekend XXX :music::music::music:

MAJEFA
Apr 11th, 2012, 02:53
Saturday 4th August 2012
@ Sound Control, Manchester

Aly & Fila
Arctic Moon
Akira Kayosa
Neptune Project
Tom Rains

Tickets:
9 Earlybird (SOLD OUT)
13.50 Standard

Available: http://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Manchester/Sound-Control/Majefa-Summer-Trance-Special-2012/11626718/