PDA

View Full Version : LABOUR OF LOVE 2009

lancelot873
Jul 3rd, 2009, 10:34
Hi all,

I'm really looking forward to this year's LOL. Any info as to when the tickets will be available is greatly appreciated.

I attended the 2008 edition and really enjoyed it. I hope the line up this year is better than before. Unfortunately I missed Armin's full 8 hour set last year, so I'm planning on making it up for this year :)

A.

t4e
Jul 4th, 2009, 16:59
its too early, usually something is posted on the Guv website around mid july or later

best one so far for me was the 2007 edition, lineup was great

lancelot873
Jul 6th, 2009, 23:13
LOL yea i know it's too early, i'm just saying if anyone gets to see the info up on the guvernment's site before i do would kindly inform me about it :) i check the website from time to time myself, but i'm going to be very busy over the next few weeks, so i thought a little heads up won't hurt :)

t4e
Jul 7th, 2009, 00:09
well there's lots more shows in the next 3 weekends

http://artwork.ink-00.com/guvernment/yoji09.jpg

http://artwork.ink-00.com/guvernment/guvspinjuly.jpg

lancelot873
Jul 7th, 2009, 23:57
I agree, but unfortunately I'm in Dubai now, and I'm really pissed that I missed Canada Day, and going to miss Gareth Emery and Aly and Fila. I'm on a "compulsory" vacation :(

The club scene here is not that bad, I personally expected it to be much better, but no; did not meet my expectations. It's all House music, which is alright, not like Trance and Progressive. I'm very picky about the music I listen to, and most things in life for that matter :)

vc73
Jul 20th, 2009, 16:49
I didn't go last year but i checked Armin Van Burrens gigs and it says Sept 6 2009 Labour of Love...so thats the date

Clavinova
Jul 21st, 2009, 08:26
Last time i saw Armin was new year's 05-06 at Red Lite Club in Laval, Montreal. And that was alright, so i wouldn't mind if he came back and played a set at LabourOfLove agian, still waiting for Guv to post the lineup for the night though!

lancelot873
Jul 25th, 2009, 15:43
yea, same here. i went to LOL in 2008, and apparently armin played an 8 hour set, but i didn't get to stay for the whole night, thanks to friends :(

i read over at tranceaddict.com that people are not looking forward for armin, a lot of them actually, and they were making fun of LOL saying that it should be renamed to labour of armin..seriously?? people, if you like trance, stop complaining and we don't want to see your old faces in LOL 2009. they were complaining about how he's been doing LOL for the past 8 years, and you know what? i say he's good at it!

t4e
Jul 30th, 2009, 20:10
yea, same here. i went to LOL in 2008, and apparently armin played an 8 hour set, but i didn't get to stay for the whole night, thanks to friends :(

i read over at tranceaddict.com that people are not looking forward for armin, a lot of them actually, and they were making fun of LOL saying that it should be renamed to labour of armin..seriously?? people, if you like trance, stop complaining and we don't want to see your old faces in LOL 2009. they were complaining about how he's been doing LOL for the past 8 years, and you know what? i say he's good at it!

did you tell them on tranceaddict to stop complaining?

its pretty pointless telling that here

and yes, LOL used to be a good even with a lot of variety, not anymore tho, not in the past 2 years anyway

lancelot873
Jul 31st, 2009, 11:23
haha, nah. it doesn't matter what they think, at the end of the day if armin is going to come, it's his decision really. and those people are going to show up regardless.

and now since markus schulz is coming on the 22nd of aug. , LOL is begining to look worse than before :( armin is doing the zoo fest on the 5th of sept. there's a slight chance he makes it to toronto, unfortunately.

kamranf
Aug 3rd, 2009, 08:28
WUD UP PEEPS!

Guess what? the info for Labour of Love is OOT! (oot = out in English)

http://artwork.ink-00.com/guvernment/lol09.jpg

The biggest names are Van Buuren and Guetta.
Hope to see you all there :)

lancelot873
Aug 3rd, 2009, 11:00
yea, thanks! i do agree the line up is sucky, but then again, i would've been at the armin show all night anyway, so no complains there :)))) got my tickets, and i'm ready to go!

t4e
Aug 3rd, 2009, 20:31
kinda of a deja vu of the Contact lineup

lancelot873
Aug 12th, 2009, 13:16
yea, i agree, minus markus schulz.

t4e
Aug 12th, 2009, 20:18
well, totally not worth $50, so i won't bother this year

lancelot873
Aug 14th, 2009, 22:16
oh come on! it's not that bad going to see the no.1 dj!?!?! it's worth reconsidering i would say. tell you what, we can split it, and i'll get you a drink for saying yes...

t4e
Aug 15th, 2009, 05:48
lol that's a nice offer but first of all i've seen Armin many times, and while his Live performances were great, lately (past 3-4 years) he's slacking off and i find his track selection on live gigs as well as on ASOT, boring

second, afaic NO.1 DJ is Markus Schulz, and he's back in Toronto again next Saturday for a 6 hour set, and i will be there, so if you plan on attending than you can get me drink next week :ee:, i'll pay for my ticket :grinning2:

http://artwork.ink-00.com/guvernment/markusschulzaug09.jpg

lancelot873
Aug 15th, 2009, 20:48
what?? markus is no.1? according to who? i'm not saying he's not good, he is as good as other big names in the industry, but technically he's not according to dj mag 2008, we'll see about 2009..i already voted.

and about next week..it's a tough call..because if you may recall, i'm in dubai, and will be back on the 22nd, and my friends are already throwing me a party, so i'm gonna be jet lagged like never before :S

elsakran
Sep 6th, 2009, 20:58
Tonight is Labor Of Love, It's going to be so intense. I actually can't wait to go even though the line up is a little soft. I'm almost 110% positive it'll be a great night.

t4e
Sep 7th, 2009, 07:25
what?? markus is no.1? according to who? i'm not saying he's not good, he is as good as other big names in the industry, but technically he's not according to dj mag 2008, we'll see about 2009..i already voted.

i said AFAIC, i.e. to me he is NO1 :ee:

lancelot873
Sep 7th, 2009, 20:46
t4e, you were right. i shouldn't have went..it could've been better. way better. but i stil had fun ;) and to me Tiesto is #1 FYI!