PDA

View Full Version : Help Afterhours.fm

Dan
Jun 1st, 2006, 05:34
What is Afterhours.fm ?

AfterHours.fm is a free online radio which plays all variations of Trance and House music from DJ's around the world. Also provide forums, news, reviews, interviews and 24/7 hosted radio shows.

Why Donate to Afterhours.fm ?

As many of you know, to run a 24/7 Radio Station you need high end servers with lots of bandwidth, in which the bandwidth is expensive. Afterhours.fm is 100% non profit, and is operatated at the personal expense of the owner and is supported by donations. With your donations we can go on and keep proving you with fresh new Dj Sets, High end servers 192K and 96K, also when you donate you will get a "Afterhours.fm supporter" ribbon under your name, just a little thank you from us.

The donations go towards ( servers bandwidth, software licensing fees such as forums, hosting costs, domain registration, and maintenance costs.)

How do I donate to Afterhours.FM ?

We take donations by Paypal, bank transfer or Western Union, easiest way is to click the Paypal donate button that's located on top with other links.

Also you can donate by:

Bank to bank ( pm me for bank info )
Regular Post ( PM me for address )

Afterhours PayPal email is: donate@afterhours.fm

From Afterhours.fm ....

We would like to thank everyone for their donations and support, either if it's support by donations or by being here and being part of a great community aswell helping by spreading the word. More good things will come and we will grow, all thanks to you guys, once again Thanks!!

Dan
-- Afterhours.FM

Dan
Oct 26th, 2006, 07:25
I have gotten a email this week, actually somewhat bad. My server fees will be going up, by 50% or more. This is truly sad news for me... I have started Afterhours.fm as of May 08, 2006, although it was in plan since January 2006. It gave me 5 months of planning ( DJ's, automation, servers, money, licenses, ) plus many more aspects of starting a radio, Im sure you get the idea. As you all know or may not, Afterhours is non profit and its a owners expense ( me ). I have worked and worked harder to have this radio at where it is today in 6 months time. It's incredible on how much Afterhours has grown. Im exctatic to see it in next 6 months, a year, 2 + more. But this is to all fo you guys, the people that come and listen to music and comment on DJ's great shows. You guys make the name Afterhours, this is a team thing, not just me, I try and do my best to have all shows on time and biggest best exclusive shows for you guys.

There is soo much more I want to do with Afterhours, I have a huge list of enhancements and new things to build and offer to all of you in the next 6 months. Will mention them more below, but for me to do this all Afterhours needs donations to keep this station running, believe me its really hard to finance it all.

So I ask from Afterhours radio, if you can please help Afterhours by donating ( anything you can, there is no set $ for a donation ). Aswell we have Google sponsors, please do check them out, you might find something you really like.

Last thing but not least, I will not give up on Afterhours.fm Radio, this is my passion and my push, not only it helps me work at my full time job, but I love to see people tunning in and sharing the same feelings, and enjoying the true quality of Afterhours.fm, I do this for Music keeping it alive. Therefore Afterhours is not and will not shutdown. Having said that I thank you all supporters, DJ's friends and listeners for making what it is today Afterhours.

Some things that are on plan for 2007.
- Fresh new site with many goodies and information
- Live shows will begin
- More Dj's
- Competitions, AH store
+ many more things, want to keep it as a suprise.

Thank you all for reading this post. Any comments appreciated.

--Dan
Owner of Afterhours.FM

attached is the email from colocation.
----

We’ve reached a critical point in our growth. With our first $1M revenue year around the corner in 2007, we need to decide where we go from here. We’re in an industry that changes rapidly. In the past 12 months, many new innovations have come out. But since we’re spending every cent that comes in every month, we can’t explore those opportunities. And since we’re not interested in outsourcing our support or cheaping out on providers, we’re going to raise our prices instead.

I can’t tell you exactly how much prices will go up. I can tell you that we have 24 racks full with over 500 servers total at Market Post Tower. But we’re full…we don’t have much more room to add new customers. We’re about to sign a new lease on 20 more racks in Santa Clara, CA (about 10 miles from Market Post Tower). We’ll keep our current customers at Market Post Tower and continue building out new customers and services in Santa Clara. However, the datacenter space market has drastically changed in the past 12 months, and our new lease is double the space cost of our current one. That means our prices will go up probably 50% or more for colocation, and dedicated server prices (for new servers) will increase as well.

---

Renov8
Nov 23rd, 2006, 21:37
Hey guys, please help whoever can! This is a great station, let's keep it alive!

djxtc25
Nov 23rd, 2006, 21:40
Hey guys,

I know it's a really tight time to be asking you guys to donate. Like Dan said, we have lots planned over the next few months, and we need your help to get us through.

We have some of the top world producers/DJ's signed on here, and to keep AH going we ask a very small favor. We're not asking you to donate hundreds of $$$, we're looking for each of you to donate what you can.

It's basically up to you guys if you want AH to continue. We also ask that you click on our sponsors everytime you visit or log into AH. That will help out as well, but we need your donations to help with the cost of running the servers.

Thanks everyone for all your support, and hope to be here in '07 we have lots planned.

Cheers,

davenadz
Nov 23rd, 2006, 21:56
Whe need to put energy and money together :proud: This sation is wonderful ... If everyone's around give a liitle 10 $ a month (2 beers) this is nothing lol ! And for the one's who lived from this EDM industry ......... lots of peeps support you here ;)

Synerje
Nov 23rd, 2006, 22:28
Wish i could help aswell, but the only thing i can do is visit the sponsors..
I would donate, if i would have a credit card...

I wish i could do more than that, this place has kinda grown to me...

Jorda
Nov 24th, 2006, 02:30
We have lot's planned, but if donations do not come in, it will not be very easy to stay frequently up and running in full health - debts and other problems aren't very good at all.
Please, we need your help to donate whatever you can, Dan cannot do this by himself, it is very stressful for him.

Thanks guys, keep AH alive! Do it for Dan and do it for all of us DJ's who are contributing weekly, monthly, bi-weekly, or what ever the case may be.

Cheers,
~Jordan xoxo

DistantLand
Nov 24th, 2006, 07:00
Seems you cant do it all by yourself I wish I could donate all my money in my Paypal account but I cant login Paypal never answer there freaking phones or fax. Last I had 34 USD. I might have to create a new account. It will be sad to lose Afterhours.fm all the hard work put into it, all the top djs in a few months. Ill see what I can do!

dj_revel
Nov 24th, 2006, 14:24
I will surely support... As much as i am able to... Keep EDM alive...

Cheers

:ah:

Dan
Nov 24th, 2006, 16:28
Thank You all for reading this and supporting. Really appreciated.

jedrekmx
Nov 25th, 2006, 19:52
I am going to make a donation soon enough. It would a be a real shame to see this site go down.

There has been lots of good ideas of having radio commercial or other things in order to help pay for the costs of the servers. Sadly, I think that would be rather annoying, but I guess whatever it takes to keep this awesome site up and streaming music.

Stella
Nov 29th, 2006, 14:35
Thank You all for reading this and supporting. Really appreciated.

please Dan check your emails;)

Laan
Dec 4th, 2006, 17:21
Paypal is deep shit :( I cant sponsor

davenadz
Dec 4th, 2006, 17:55
You dont need credit card guys to use paypal , just ad your bank account number, transfer founds in your paypal account .... AND DONATE FOR THE HEALTH OF AFTERHOURS.FM :P

Dan
Dec 8th, 2006, 02:45
Thank You all for support. Keep it up...

Adam Meza
Dec 10th, 2006, 20:00
Im with everyone on this topic! This show has helped spread music and talent never herd before, and thats something that everyone is looking for as well as myself! Definately want to keep afterhours.fm going!

Laan
Dec 18th, 2006, 12:13
You dont need credit card guys to use paypal , just ad your bank account number, transfer founds in your paypal account .... AND DONATE FOR THE HEALTH OF AFTERHOURS.FM :P

I tried but my bankpass didnt got accepted. I tried two times with a different e-mail adress. Sadly im not able to try again according to i already used my adresses. ( When i had to typ the last 3 numbers of my bankpass it said the numbers didnt count.)

X0

jedrekmx
Dec 24th, 2006, 22:33
Contact Paypal and I am sure they can reset it for you!

GreyDog
Mar 21st, 2007, 06:24
I've been surfing the web for streaming EDM for at least 3 years now, and by far, ah.fm supplies the best continuous top tracks out of any of em.

Thanks Dan, for the great work, my life just wouldn't be the same.

Hope anyone with spare change can help out ah.fm

Config
Mar 24th, 2007, 02:48
show your support everyone, AH needs it.

minc
Mar 24th, 2007, 18:49
ill just put the paypal on auto or something... and btw... with so many members... all you would need is like $1 from each every 2 months or something...

@mr
Mar 26th, 2007, 15:57
will donate as soon as i get a cc...

davenadz
Mar 26th, 2007, 16:12
Hi there :hello:

As eveyone here can see, we certainly have the best internet radio station . Listerners are constantly growing up, lots of international dj/producer are playing here ... or want to join are wonderful radio. Tiesto's set in Poland will be aired .... We get thoses MASSIVE events like NO other radio have. We could be proud of afterhours.fm ; but this superb exposure into the electronic music scene, deserve a COLLECTIVE effort.

Dan's a passionate, and he put all the time, energy and $$$ he have into this station, simply for the love of trance/electronic music , but certainly to get everyones here, the RESPECT and the EXPOSURE we need :) Im sure lots of listeners here, thinking that we are sponsored and get $$$ . That's not the point . The point is : AH.FM isnt making financial benefits. AH.FM is breathing from the money of one man and some little donate here and there. :rolleyes:

I dont want to flame someone here, but i hope everyone will be concern about this, and will get back to AH.fm, what she's giving you. Think about those 150-200 listerners you get during you show, the feed back your get about your sets, the numerous freinds & contact you made here .... And the wonderful quality of streaming & DJ's we have.

We have to covert what it cost to run AH.fm . Its a minimal RESPECT, to at least ... pay what it cost ; what it cost in term of bandwith to broadcast your 1h or 2h show :) DONATE 3-5 $ per month , is NOTHING for everyone here .... Buy AH.fm t-shirt, were it at your live gigs or went going out .

It's an EMERGENCY call !!! For the health of AH.fm :ah:

Dave

Vicky Wood
Mar 29th, 2007, 03:05
Well said Dave,

I know that Dan is only receiving around 15% in donations per month of the total cost to run the site.

Look at what the Afterhours family has achieved in a year. A full schedule of top shows with some of the most respected DJ's, the great "In The Mix" events.

Do you want to lose that?

Cause right now its looking likely without some financial support from you guys, the AH family

DreamensioN
Apr 6th, 2007, 05:31
Magik ain't kidding. We really need your help. Without donations this site dies.
In recognition of your support you get a "ah.fm supporter" banner under your avatar. It also lets everyone else know you support the radio station that helps keep the EDM community alive.

Darlene
Apr 7th, 2007, 00:14
yes people please donate. I truly believe this is THE BEST station anywhere.

thanks to Dan and all the fantastic DJ's

:loveah:

minc
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:32
like i said before.. if most people who have cc's would donate, thats all it would take...

Stella
Apr 26th, 2007, 16:21
Dan,I think your paypal ID/address has been fixed and now works fine,I just sent something
ciao ciao

Dan
Apr 26th, 2007, 16:40
the donate one is fine stella but store@afterhours.fm is not :(

thank you for generous donation stella :)

The Cat Lady
Dec 16th, 2007, 08:04
I did my part and will again as soon as I get my first paycheck from my new job. I love this place. Dan and crew have made me feel welcome after I was banned permanently at that other station for telling them they were chicken shit to not tell their users, especially the ones like me who paid for Premium, what in the hell was going on. So, after 3.5 years and 29K posts, I'm gone. Poof. Just like that. Dan assures me that won't happen here. Praise the Trance gods! The Cat Lady has a new home! Thank you! Thank you! :loveah::thankyou:

DJ Eunostos
Dec 16th, 2007, 14:07
i will help, just waiting to get my last paycheck 1 january, dont worry dan we not going to leave you alone. :hug:

i will donate continously in the future, maybe is not much as i am not rich hope it help ya. keep the good job dude, this site is amazing.

piccoli
Dec 16th, 2007, 17:40
yesp same with me i will donate in January too, Dan and this radio deserves a help for his dedication to the music and give us what we like, trance, let's not let die this radio:hug:

Dan
Dec 16th, 2007, 18:08
thank you guys !! much appreciated... you guys are a huge addition to the family :)

:hug:

trancehead82
Jan 12th, 2008, 00:00
Well seeing as that I love this station so much I just made a donation and hope to keep making more donations in the future:music:

AH.FM FREAKIN OWNZ!!!!

Dan
Jan 12th, 2008, 00:59
thanks bro, your a supporter now :) enjoy the extra features :)

Abominus
Jan 12th, 2008, 07:48
I will say this:

I love the station and I love the people here.

I want for this station to remain on the air and healthy. I will be donating within the next 2 months. It will start out small but increase from there. I have a Paypal account all set up and ready.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it:icecream:

From Tampa, Florida,
Abominus

trancehead82
Jan 12th, 2008, 16:24
thanks bro, your a supporter now :) enjoy the extra features :)
oh snap we get xtra features.....thats cool bro.....well xtra features or no xtra features im still gonna donate:grinning:

Misanthrope
Jan 19th, 2008, 15:50
Will give a donation soon :)
I don't have alot of money but this station plays some really good shows, so i hope all little bits will help...
I will always help to support these music styles!

radoxx
Aug 26th, 2008, 16:30
I donated today and I don't regret it :D I try to donate every month from now on

cheers

Dark Gagan
Aug 27th, 2008, 23:02
Hello all. I like...no! I LOVE AH-FM for the best music I've ever heard that is Trance on AH (but it's not my only style of music, I love Hardcore too). I know that all of this costs in time, energy and money, and I want that this continue at least until I die because I think Trance is untemporal: zenity and non-violence are the ways of peace of the mind (and this works very well after work to destress) and peace of the mind is the way for a better life (in opposition to Hardcore that is the way to unleash your body on jumping heratically, good too for health if not violent I think).
But, to agglomerate to this post, AH-FM, free of charge to listen high quality music H24, needs money to survive on this capitalist world. So, my question is: Can we donate by other means like paypal? I don't like electronic means of payment at all. If I decide to make a donation to AH-FM it would be by species (in €). If it's possible, could you give me an address to post my (small) amount of money in donation to AH?

Cheers.

Abominus
Aug 28th, 2008, 14:17
That reminds me. I have to donate soon:hug:

SciLog1c
Sep 21st, 2008, 23:21
R there any other methods, except damned paypal? :crazy:

Dan
Sep 22nd, 2008, 15:30
R there any other methods, except damned paypal? :crazy:

direct deposit to a bank, or western union. :hug:

trancetesano
Sep 24th, 2008, 18:04
Hi Everyone!!
I just want to know, How can i listen a prewiew live set anytime?

Dan
Sep 24th, 2008, 18:13
Hi Everyone!!
I just want to know, How can i listen a prewiew live set anytime?

you cant, its all live !

jedrekmx
Sep 24th, 2008, 20:25
Hello all. I like...no! I LOVE AH-FM for the best music I've ever heard that is Trance on AH (but it's not my only style of music, I love Hardcore too). I know that all of this costs in time, energy and money, and I want that this continue at least until I die because I think Trance is untemporal: zenity and non-violence are the ways of peace of the mind (and this works very well after work to destress) and peace of the mind is the way for a better life (in opposition to Hardcore that is the way to unleash your body on jumping heratically, good too for health if not violent I think).
But, to agglomerate to this post, AH-FM, free of charge to listen high quality music H24, needs money to survive on this capitalist world. So, my question is: Can we donate by other means like paypal? I don't like electronic means of payment at all. If I decide to make a donation to AH-FM it would be by species (in €). If it's possible, could you give me an address to post my (small) amount of money in donation to AH?

Cheers.

Dan might want to answer this person's question. :):grinning:

Dan
Sep 24th, 2008, 20:53
Dan might want to answer this person's question. :):grinning:

yes he can donate by normal post ( PM me and ill give you my address ) also by bank to bank transfer or western union.

thank you for nice words and support.

Abominus
Sep 25th, 2008, 18:48
yes he can donate by normal post ( PM me and ill give you my address ) also by bank to bank transfer or western union.

Most bank to bank transfers carry heavy fees so check with your bank first:unsure:

I have a friend that lives in Belgium and he is buying some cds that I can't find here. I found out that it would cost about $50 to do a transfer. It's totally not worth it.

I use Paypal. I did have a problem with it once when someone made a fraudulent charge but then returned the money. I had to change a few things on my account and I have not had any problems since:)

jedrekmx
Sep 26th, 2008, 20:43

Sorry for making it my font bold, red and large. Didn't want our friend's question to be missed~ ;) :)

Annich
Sep 26th, 2008, 21:55
Donate more money Dan needs a new BMW

Dan
Sep 26th, 2008, 22:57
Donate more money Dan needs a new BMW

yah right, i have no car :(

Abominus
Sep 27th, 2008, 09:42

How do you get around Mr. Dan?

Dan
Sep 27th, 2008, 12:44
How do you get around Mr. Dan?

Austrian train transportation :) its actually really good in Austria, you can get almost anywhere with it.

check it out: U-Bahn Wien | Netzplan Feb./Mrz 2005 (http://homepage.univie.ac.at/horst.prillinger/metro/m/largemap.html)

Annich
Sep 28th, 2008, 03:05
Austrian train transportation :) its actually really good in Austria, you can get almost anywhere with it.

check it out: U-Bahn Wien | Netzplan Feb./Mrz 2005 (http://homepage.univie.ac.at/horst.prillinger/metro/m/largemap.html)

better than the amazing ctrain in calgary? haha:lol:

Dan
Sep 28th, 2008, 03:22
better than the amazing ctrain in calgary? haha:lol:

haahah yeah man definately

jedrekmx
Sep 28th, 2008, 04:41
ctrain in calgary sucks big time and so does the road infrastructure

jedrekmx
Sep 28th, 2008, 04:42

liar... I saw you your huge airplane hangar with all those fancy ass sports cars, planes, motor bikes and boats..... :mask:

Annich
Sep 28th, 2008, 06:48
liar... I saw you your huge airplane hangar with all those fancy ass sports cars, planes, motor bikes and boats..... :mask:

Hot Wheels playsets and cars don't count :lol::lol::lol:

Tarek
Oct 14th, 2008, 22:25
Buying a shirt doesn't count as support does it? They look pretty sick.

Dan
Oct 15th, 2008, 15:53
Buying a shirt doesn't count as support does it? They look pretty sick.

No does not, shirts are priced to basically break even for that type of high end material and its designed on the fly per customer.

Donating any amount will get you a supporter status :)

cheers friend

SciLog1c
Dec 29th, 2008, 14:49
hey guys, what do u think about that

Why not to have the option to donate via SMS?I guess this will work since alot of us dont want to involve with banks etc and the mobiles phones can work if we can donate 2-3-5 euros etc...

and i dont think AH.FM really cares so much for the money - right? :mask: Its all about the move that counts
http://forum.ah.fm/help-support-feedback/12242-how-can-i-support-ah-fm-without-having-paypal-account-2.html#post689071

PJK1842
Dec 30th, 2008, 03:48
is there a playlist here to list wha tis playing?

DjSkinny
Dec 30th, 2008, 04:17
its on the main page bud.