PDA

View Full Version : Montreal people

AlexXdude
Jul 9th, 2006, 05:20
Hey everyone, just joined after DJ Sentinel showed me the site, nice place! I've been slowly getting into DJing and mixing and all of that with Ableton and I think AfterHours is going to be my new home :D Is anyone else from Montreal around here?

Dan
Jul 9th, 2006, 09:33
there is a few people from montreal :) im sure they will shot out!!

AlexXdude
Jul 13th, 2006, 09:01
hahah, we should get a montreal sub-forum or something too! :D MTL has great night life and clubs, it's just a shame that there isn't more montrealers on the forum!

h4nsoul
Aug 7th, 2006, 11:48
Im from Montreal. I agree, great nightlife. Too much hiphop tho.
I personally dont know many places that consistently spin quality electronic music anymore, other then after hours clubs.

Some i can think of:

Stereo bar - Stereo Bar 856 St-Catherine E. Has some great beats and a sweet sound system. Afterhours next door. You havta be comfortable with ur sexuality, its in the gay village.

Upper club - 3519 Saint Laurent. Nice little stylish place, djs usualy spin progressive house.

Mile End - 5322 Saint Laurent. A bit far up st. laurent but worth the trip on good nights (weekends). Good atmosphere. 3 levels, quality beats on the 2nd floor.

anyways, its too late to go on, besides i found a cool new site for montreal clubs that can do the typing for me
http://www.montreal-clubs.com/index.php?c=1

peace
han

AlexXdude
Aug 7th, 2006, 19:18
Im from Montreal. I agree, great nightlife. Too much hiphop tho.
I personally dont know many places that consistently spin quality electronic music anymore, other then after hours clubs.

Some i can think of:

Stereo bar - Stereo Bar 856 St-Catherine E. Has some great beats and a sweet sound system. Afterhours next door. You havta be comfortable with ur sexuality, its in the gay village.

Upper club - 3519 Saint Laurent. Nice little stylish place, djs usualy spin progressive house.

Mile End - 5322 Saint Laurent. A bit far up st. laurent but worth the trip on good nights (weekends). Good atmosphere. 3 levels, quality beats on the 2nd floor.

anyways, its too late to go on, besides i found a cool new site for montreal clubs that can do the typing for me
http://www.montreal-clubs.com/index.php?c=1

peace
han

Nice, thanks for the link, I wasn't aware of that website! :D Also, I know that System Night Club had 'TranceMission' last night from like 12 to 3. It was pretty good and definitely a step in the right direction.

Robbie
Aug 8th, 2006, 01:59
isnt Aria the big EDM club in montreal?

h4nsoul
Aug 8th, 2006, 03:02
Aria is an afterhours club, dont know what EDM means.

Montreal has more afterhours than any city i know

http://www.mtlclubs.com/montreal-after-hours.php

AlexXdude
Aug 8th, 2006, 03:30
isnt Aria the big EDM club in montreal?

Yeah, pretty much the only one :( but Ferry Corsten is going to be playing there on Sept 2nd and I believe Armin Van Buuren is going to be playing at another club the day after, it's going to be awesome :D

Kupelian
Oct 6th, 2006, 19:38
Monty Dj In DA HOUSE!!!

AlexXdude
Oct 8th, 2006, 02:51
Monty Dj In DA HOUSE!!!

Heya, nice seeing you here from TA :P

davenadz
Oct 9th, 2006, 06:09
Welcome to A.H AlexXdude :)

Im from Sherbrooke ... Resident DJ here ... :ah:

AlexXdude
Oct 9th, 2006, 06:56
Heya Dave, nice meeting more people from Montreal! :D

Hotbreaker
Sep 16th, 2008, 20:24
Un nouveau de plus !!
Bonne music.
Parfait dans un iPhone en auto ! :)

apocalypse_now
Oct 11th, 2008, 21:24
Waaaaddup, MTL in the house. Y'all should go to the piknic electronik if u want some good electro music. its over for this season, but itll be back in May.