PDA

View Full Version : EOYC 2012 Community Contest Rules, Info & General Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Dan
Oct 11th, 2012, 01:05
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/561839_10151107847343737_2039571089_n.jpg

EOYC 2012 Community Contest.

Get your set aired @ the Worlds Biggest Online Event
End Of Year Countdown

14 slots waiting to be taken

------------------------------------------

Please read everything carefully.

Set info:

60:00 mins long (+-2 mins is ok)
CBR format 44.1 kHz
192 - 320k Quality
Style: Trance & Progressive

Set name syntax:

Example: DJ Name - EOYC 2012 Contest.zip
DJ name - EOYC 2012 Contest.mp3 <-- actual set
DJ Name - EOYC 2012 Contest.txt <-- actual tracklist
Both these files zipped and uploaded to (hotfile or other mirrors)

** sets must be minimum 192k CBR format else disqualified - 320k preferred**

You must be registered to qualify, you need to post the link yourself not someone for you!
Only 1 "one" submission per DJ.

Info:

The (NEW soon posted) thread will be open which users can post links to the sets for 7 days (Nov 1st - 7th 00:00 AM CET) thread then will be closed till Nov 21st (gives the community plenty of time to download the sets & listen to them) On Nov 21st we will create a poll with all the DJ sets that were submitted during that Nov1st - Nov 7th period... then community will be able to vote who they mostly enjoyed.

Poll will end on Dec 1st 00:00 AM CET, once the poll is closed we will choose top 14 best ranked winners.

Quick date reference:
Nov 1st - Nov 7th This Thread http://www.ah.fm/forum/showthread.php?46977-EOYC-2012-Community-Contest-Poll is open you post your sets, 1 submission per DJ
Nov 7th - Nov 21st Thread will be closed, users download the sets and listen to them. (once 100 contestants are met we close the thread within Nov7-21)
Nov 21st - Dec 1st Polls goes online voting starts
Dec 1st Poll closes 14 winners announced.
Dec 1st - Dec 10th Winners have time to create fresh new exclusive sets for EOYC 2012! with jingles which we will provide.

Maximum number of contestants is 100, once there are 100 submitted sets we close the thread or during the time frame outlined above.

Good luck to everyone & remember together we can make a difference :dance:

Manoj Kumar Yalala
Oct 18th, 2012, 20:11
Wow awesome !!

All the best to those who will be participating :)
TFI Full Support \o/

Mysteryos
Oct 19th, 2012, 06:24
Can't wait ^^

Ole Petersson
Oct 19th, 2012, 09:33
sounds great! :)

Filip
Oct 19th, 2012, 12:52
Good job Dan :grinning:

Katadunkass
Oct 19th, 2012, 13:06
Very nice work!

trancefan0883
Oct 19th, 2012, 13:45
good luck for all contestants :clap:

Above the Clouds
Oct 19th, 2012, 13:48
Good luck to all those who participate!!

Young Free
Oct 19th, 2012, 19:12
Best of luck for all particpants :bravo:

enRu
Oct 19th, 2012, 19:37
Awesome! I wish everyone that participates good luck :wink:

Kimochi
Oct 19th, 2012, 21:13
I would like to join in, and good luck everyone ^_^

TeroA
Oct 19th, 2012, 23:27
Good luck to who participates, it's usually tough competition :)

DJCesar
Oct 20th, 2012, 00:43
I want to participate... :) Thanks AH.FM... ♥ AH.FM - United as One ♥

danmark_ori
Oct 20th, 2012, 01:46
:clap2: Will be massive and I'm so curious who will show up ! :grinning:

SosenkaPL
Oct 20th, 2012, 11:39
Good luck to all of you who want to participate ;)

Maybe i will, who knows :P

Addicted23
Oct 20th, 2012, 16:54
EOYC 2012 :super::super::super::super::super:

Scolios
Oct 20th, 2012, 17:41
EOYC 2012 :super::super::super::super::super:

Can't wait! Good luck to all of those entering the competition, I look forward to your mixes.

Alfurez
Oct 21st, 2012, 01:09
i gone participe for first time my pure trance mix

:dance3::best::dance3:

Mark Winstanley
Oct 21st, 2012, 01:22
Looking forward to doing a mix for this \o/

Antraxx
Oct 21st, 2012, 01:25
Great News! I Can't Wait :). Maybe soon sending my set :).
Good luck everyone :)

Antraxx Greeting :).

W in trance
Oct 21st, 2012, 08:46
Good luck everyone, and can't wait for EOYC :D

Dan
Oct 21st, 2012, 13:53
good luck everyone :) this will be EPIC EOYC

Matii G
Oct 21st, 2012, 16:47
Great ! \o/ :super:

Filip
Oct 22nd, 2012, 18:00
Good luck, let the trance be with you :):):)

piccoli
Oct 22nd, 2012, 19:24
can't wait to listen new talents :)

bjerre
Oct 24th, 2012, 10:23
Exciting to see who will get them :music:

djneilkilroy
Oct 24th, 2012, 19:11
WOW this looks very interesting, Good luck everyone :-) might have to see what i can drum up :-)

MyStro023
Oct 24th, 2012, 21:10
Awesome news. Let's rock this fellow listeners, DJs, and promoters. GOOD CLEAN FUN TIME!

tranzLift
Oct 24th, 2012, 21:23
maybe we try it....

DJ Alex The Lion
Oct 24th, 2012, 22:32
I'm in! Good luck everyone!

Dan
Oct 25th, 2012, 14:12
​just to remind all, please do not create any fake accounts and vote for yourself, if we see any suspicious unfair voting going on we will remove you from the contest... lets have fun and keep things fair.

Trance Nation
Oct 25th, 2012, 17:53
Going to mix something special :)
good luck to all, hope for fair play!

rdevito
Oct 25th, 2012, 22:54
Please beloved participants, be creative this year. Last time i heard tons of uplifting trance sets with the same boring music. Also, i know it's hard, but don't vote for members because you like them or because he/she is popular. Listen to the sets and valorize hard work, creativity and flow.

Let's make EOYC better and better each year. It depends on you.

Enlusion
Oct 26th, 2012, 09:59
Hey

Maybe you'll also give at least 1 wildcard to the one, which set you really loved but he\she didn't win by voting? :)

Sabi
Oct 26th, 2012, 15:01
good luck to everyone :super:

Juliet Star
Oct 26th, 2012, 20:02
Good Luck to all the DJs that enter!!

Indiana Jones
Oct 26th, 2012, 20:11
rdevito (http://www.ah.fm/forum/member.php?33268-rdevito)
http://www.ah.fm/forum/images/statusicon/user-offline.png
+1000
wait crazy sets from DJ ))

Cold Rush
Oct 26th, 2012, 20:51
Will a dropbox link be ok?

Curs3d
Oct 27th, 2012, 14:09
Gonna try this time around :)

Good luck to all contestants!

To Dan and All afterhours staff: Can i alternatively upload my set to Mixcloud as well as providing download links?

Jenya
Oct 28th, 2012, 00:02
Good luck everyone, hope to get through to the finals :]

Katadunkass
Oct 28th, 2012, 12:14
Please beloved participants, be creative this year. Last time i heard tons of uplifting trance sets with the same boring music. Also, i know it's hard, but don't vote for members because you like them or because he/she is popular. Listen to the sets and valorize hard work, creativity and flow.

I agree, it would be better with some diversity, but we can't really force people to be so. Would love to hear some darker, more progressive sets from more unknown artists, but if people like uplifting, we can't really do much about it. I just hope people will play what they like and not just picks the Top 100 Chart on Beatport because those tracks are popular for some weird reason.

TeroA
Oct 28th, 2012, 12:49
I agree, it would be better with some diversity, but we can't really force people to be so. Would love to hear some darker, more progressive sets from more unknown artists, but if people like uplifting, we can't really do much about it. I just hope people will play what they like and not just picks the Top 100 Chart on Beatport because those tracks are popular for some weird reason.Yes plenty of good trance out there that are not necessarily released by known producers or labels, just need to dig deeper and actually spend time on those stores listening previews like in good old days :)

Katadunkass
Oct 28th, 2012, 13:11
Yes plenty of good trance out there that are not necessarily released by known producers or labels, just need to dig deeper and actually spend time on those stores listening previews like in good old days :)
Exactly :)
Nothing's better than finding a lovely track after spending 2 hours on Beatport/Junodownload/Audiojelly etc :)

SUNNY TOMORROW
Oct 28th, 2012, 14:04
I agree, it would be better with some diversity, but we can't really force people to be so. Would love to hear some darker, more progressive sets from more unknown artists, but if people like uplifting, we can't really do much about it. I just hope people will play what they like and not just picks the Top 100 Chart on Beatport because those tracks are popular for some weird reason.

With all due respect, you can hear darker progressive stuff nearly 24/7 on here. What we need is uplifting trance. Much more of it. The more the better. There's plenty of good stuff around and it needs to be played. Again with all due respect, the progressive stuff bores me to death. Most of it is dull, unhappy music, same sounds all the time, and at times little more than noise.

Katadunkass
Oct 28th, 2012, 14:36
With all due respect, you can hear darker progressive stuff nearly 24/7 on here. What we need is uplifting trance. Much more of it. The more the better. There's plenty of good stuff around and it needs to be played. Again with all due respect, the progressive stuff bores me to death. Most of it is dull, unhappy music, same sounds all the time, and at times little more than noise.
With all due respect, right back at ya, the dark progressive stuff I'm talking about is not to be found here. I agree uplifting is a dying art here, but last year we almost got to many uplifting sets during EOYC from the members. I'm definitely not talking about Cosmic Gate, Arty and so on, I'm talking about much darker, heavier stuff, but I know that's too far-stretching.
It's fair enough you have that point of view, I currently think the same as that about almost all uplifting trance at the moment, but maybe that'll change in the future :smile:
But let's not talk more about that here, let's just have fun! :)

an_dr_ey
Oct 29th, 2012, 16:28
Agreed mate, we could use some proper deep progressive trance, like Timewave´s or Deep Soul Duo´s :) I listen to both uplifting and deep progressive and I think they can be also combined here on AH.FM

Kimochi
Oct 29th, 2012, 21:42

speaking of this, you get some good point. It would be nice if the requirement also include tech-trance (Mental Asylum stuff from Indecent Noise) , it will make the contests more vivid :)

With all due respect, about the tons of uplifting trance, we can not control of other DJs choices, if that's what they like uplifting trance. Same thing apply for me on progressive trance, it sounds bored, but if the DJs like it... I won't judge them cause this is their personality!

DanceMission
Oct 29th, 2012, 23:06
First time here... listened to AH.FM alot. Someone told me about this contest so I thought.. why not enter :)
Just finished mixing , I will upload it thursday and I hope you guys will listen to it.

Cheers from Holland !

Andromedha
Oct 30th, 2012, 05:56
Dark progressive sounds u said? U can count on me ;) this is the 1st time im participating, good luck every1 & cheers ;)

Enlusion
Oct 30th, 2012, 20:17
Dark progressive sounds u said? U can count on me ;) this is the 1st time im participating, good luck every1 & cheers ;)

I've done a mix which includes dark progressive, uplifting, tech trance and some Mental Asylum staff :D

Agger
Oct 30th, 2012, 23:03
Can we post the tracklist as well with the download links?

Andromedha
Oct 30th, 2012, 23:15
I've done a mix which includes dark progressive, uplifting, tech trance and some Mental Asylum staff :D
nice variety, looking 4ward 2 hear it then;)

an_dr_ey
Oct 31st, 2012, 00:11

yes ofcourse you can :) check threads from past eoyc contests :)

Kimochi
Oct 31st, 2012, 01:29
First time here... listened to AH.FM alot. Someone told me about this contest so I thought.. why not enter :)
Just finished mixing , I will upload it thursday and I hope you guys will listen to it.

Cheers from Holland !

good luck :)

Kimochi
Oct 31st, 2012, 01:29

cheers for Mental Asylum stuff :)

DJHiKe
Oct 31st, 2012, 03:27
First time entry here =) I was asked by a good friend to definitely go for it. So again good luck to everyone. Those looking for a uplifting sound you can count on me. Just one quick question? Can we post Soundcloud link with download?

Alfurez
Oct 31st, 2012, 06:13
Can we post the tracklist as well with the download links?

yes mate you can good luck

Impulsive
Oct 31st, 2012, 17:23
I hope to win a slot fot the 3rd time in a row!:grinning2:

djyutaka
Oct 31st, 2012, 21:04
Why the page doesn't show my posts?

djyutaka
Oct 31st, 2012, 21:05
Ahhh finally \o/ Just finished uploading my set :0 30 min of progressive, and 30 min of uplifting and tech. I hope that you will enjoy it. :D

SosenkaPL
Oct 31st, 2012, 21:19

Many of the contestants will bring you some uplift, myself included ;) Stay tuned for our sets :)

DJK4N
Oct 31st, 2012, 21:38
Hello Guys ..

piccoli
Oct 31st, 2012, 21:44
everyone is waiting? just few hours for the opening:)

good luck everyone involved we need new talents :bravo:

stay tuned for this thread will open 00:00 CET time: http://www.ah.fm/forum/showthread.php?46977-EOYC-2012-Community-Contest-Poll

Voodoo Child
Oct 31st, 2012, 21:48
Hello everybody,
up to now I've been a passive listener on ah.fm but I've just registered to take part on this contest. Upload is currently running.
Would it be ok if I also upload my set to mixcloud?

DJ Alex The Lion
Oct 31st, 2012, 22:27
Hello Everyone! Couldn't wait for contest!!

slatebluemusic
Oct 31st, 2012, 23:38
Very excited now that so many people eagerly await the opening of the submission phase!
It's gonna be a fantastic EOYC once again and this time, like Katadunkass and several others already said, I hope there will be more variety in trance - something "outside the boundaries"! Let it be crazy uplifting / tech mixes, crushing progressive house sets, psy-influenced mixtapes or even anything much more different from the usual trance sound. Only this would make every single set worth a listen and all of those great tracks released in 2012 will somehow be featured.

Same as last year, I'll also be participating in the contest under my alias "ENVIATE (http://www.mixcloud.com/Enviate/)".
If you share these thoughts by chance, I would really like to introduce you to a fairly new style of trance which I've not seen a single set of ever before. Allow yourself a one-hour dive into an innovative, yet so familiar universe of music! Thanks so much for considering voting for this mixtape. The direct link to downloads listed in the poll topic will appear soon.

Good luck everyone!

HayleyElyse
Nov 1st, 2012, 00:38
Wow awesome !!

All the best to those who will be participating :)
TFI Full Support \o/

YES , TFI :love:

HayleyElyse
Nov 1st, 2012, 01:07
finished my set Sunday night , got everything ready to go.

Voodoo Child
Nov 1st, 2012, 02:08
Forum is extremely slow at the moment but I managed to post my set.

DJ Alex The Lion
Nov 1st, 2012, 02:23
There's a loy of ******* great sets!

Dan
Nov 1st, 2012, 02:25
good luck to all... im slowly updating all sets and names and will put in main post of that contest thread for easy access and download.

Dj Surfer
Nov 1st, 2012, 02:27
Sounds good.. :)

DJ Alex The Lion
Nov 1st, 2012, 02:30
http://s1.ipicture.ru/uploads/20121101/7Z4ASkG9.png
Heere We GO!

Dan
Nov 1st, 2012, 02:37
were at 34 sets so far ... keep em coming

MiMaMix
Nov 1st, 2012, 02:42
were at 34 sets so far ... keep em coming

Hi Dan, just watch the growing list and found MiMaMix twice there at 15 and 17. Like to be there 2 times, but maybe one guy is missing then? :grinning:

HayleyElyse
Nov 1st, 2012, 03:04
good luck everyone!!

Curs3d
Nov 1st, 2012, 06:00
Manage to post my set! Good luck to everyone involved :).

DJHiKe
Nov 1st, 2012, 06:12

:bravo::grinning: :thankyou: I would post more icons but you get the point. I couldn't have said it better myself. But, this is where Trance shows it's diversity. There are so many endless variety and mixes that can be made from just one genera. Uplifting Trance will always remain #1 in my book though so keep an eye out for my mix :music:

an_dr_ey
Nov 1st, 2012, 11:22
Good luck to everyone, who entered and will enter the contest, ive been watching some posts and tracklist, think it will be awesome :) True uplifting still lives!
Still Im missing some real deep progressive trance here, but I understand no one is listening to this or just few of you. Next year I will definetly record some deep prog set for sure ;)

Beatwave
Nov 1st, 2012, 11:49
I probably won't have time to prepare something decent before the 100th spot is taken. I'll try but that'll be tough. And anyhow, good luck to everyone.

TSK85
Nov 1st, 2012, 20:50
Good luck to all the participants.
Last year I couldn´t participate, I found out the contest too late.
I hope that this year could make it with my progressive sound !!!

kevTL37
Nov 1st, 2012, 23:18
good luck, April.

DJ Alex The Lion
Nov 1st, 2012, 23:41
offffffffhhh...it's very uncomfortable to download from hotfile. Vel, DJ Surpher & Trancepharaoh - upload your sets @ Zippy!!!

deengish
Nov 2nd, 2012, 01:04
i'll try my chance ;) Good Luck to everyone, hoping for great sets!

DJ Alex The Lion
Nov 2nd, 2012, 01:11
97 sets in less than 48 hours!!! AMAZING!!!

DJ Alex The Lion
Nov 2nd, 2012, 01:36
1 More Set!!

DJ Alex The Lion
Nov 2nd, 2012, 01:45
NUMBER9 is the 100th Contestant! CLOSE THE THREAD! STOOOOP!!

darklordz07
Nov 2nd, 2012, 10:27
M gonna give a try .. Rest . GOOD LUCK :)

darklordz07
Nov 2nd, 2012, 10:28
where to send the sets?

Dan
Nov 2nd, 2012, 13:15
as you all know we reached the limit 100 yesterday, thank you all for all who got in and we wish everyone good luck...

please download the sets and listen to them :) happy listening.

piccoli
Nov 2nd, 2012, 13:52
as you all know we reached the limit 100 yesterday, thank you all for all who got in and we wish everyone good luck...

i started already, some of them uploaded to my iphone and i am listening to them om my way to work on the train.:bravo::bravo:

piccoli
Nov 2nd, 2012, 13:54
:bravo::grinning: :thankyou: I would post more icons but you get the point. I couldn't have said it better myself. But, this is where Trance shows it's diversity. There are so many endless variety and mixes that can be made from just one genera. Uplifting Trance will always remain #1 in my book though so keep an eye out for my mix :music:

we want new talents in town and yes my taste is 100 % pure and melodic trance :yes:

DarrenMorfitt
Nov 2nd, 2012, 14:45
Glad i've made it on time :) Hopefully this year it wouldn't be based on 'who knows who on forums' and 'vote for vote' :-) Anyway good luck to everyone! :)

tomexi
Nov 2nd, 2012, 15:23
Hey, here is Tomexi. For my part I am pleased to invite you to the emotional uplifting EOYC 2012 Contest set. My set at number 92 (Tomexi) -> http://www.ah.fm/forum/showthread.php?46977-EOYC-2012-Community-Contest-Poll&p=2690888&viewfull=1#post2690888. Thanks for listening and have a nice listen. If you want more welcome to my website: www.tomexi.eu/sety (http://www.tomexi.eu/sety) . Good luck to all participants. Let win trance music.

an_dr_ey
Nov 2nd, 2012, 15:39
I will listen to some sets on Mixcloud today, Ive seen there are plenty of them up there :) Feel free to listen to my uplifting trance set (number 11) :)

DJ Alex The Lion
Nov 2nd, 2012, 16:47

Listened first 5 sets. Liked only 2.

Katadunkass
Nov 2nd, 2012, 17:07
Listened first 5 sets. Liked only 2.

Well, you can't expect to like all 100 :wink:

Number9
Nov 2nd, 2012, 18:22
Hehe! I barely made it, but I made it! 100th Entry! This is what we call a last minute entry (1 more minute and the spot would have been taken!)
Good luck to all the participants and thank you to those who will listen to my mix. Don't hesitate to send me comments or points where I could improve, I'm always opened to constructive criticism!
Cheers!

Djjayz
Nov 2nd, 2012, 19:12
Hey, here is Dj Jayz From India and Feel free to listen to my trance set(45)
My set at number 45 (Dj Jayz) -> http://www.ah.fm/forum/showthread.ph...=1#post2690888 (http://www.ah.fm/forum/showthread.php?46977-EOYC-2012-Community-Contest-Poll&p=2690888&viewfull=1#post2690888).
Here's The Soundcloud Link :- http://soundcloud.com/jaswindersingh-1/dj-jayz-eoyc-2012-contest
Thanks for listening and have a nice listen.. Good luck to all participants.

Regards
Dj Jayz

DJHiKe
Nov 2nd, 2012, 21:27
Hey, here is Dj Jayz From India and Feel free to listen to my trance set(45)
My set at number 45 (Dj Jayz) -> http://www.ah.fm/forum/showthread.ph...=1#post2690888 (http://www.ah.fm/forum/showthread.php?46977-EOYC-2012-Community-Contest-Poll&p=2690888&viewfull=1#post2690888).
Here's The Soundcloud Link :- http://soundcloud.com/jaswindersingh-1/dj-jayz-eoyc-2012-contest
Thanks for listening and have a nice listen.. Good luck to all participants.

Regards
Dj Jayz

Jay Z plays Trance now? :dance: I just started listening to some sets myself. Plenty of good sets to keep my work days flowing nicely. My set is #29 if anyone wants to give me some feedback. Also posted on Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/djhike/dj-hike-eoyc-2012-contest