PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite DJ?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Laan
Jan 9th, 2007, 20:02
Who is your favorite DJ and why is he/she? I am interested in what ppl have as their favorite. I mean DJ as in liveset, not as producer :P:

I like Tiesto the most of all. In the first place he doesnt look that good. But after i heard him live somewhere i felt in love immediatly :love:

I love the way how he brings the new track while mixing. Everytime he mixes in a new track you get an euforic feeling. I like the way armin van buuren mixes too but he doesnt fit the magikal skills Tiesto has.

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/7956/tiestohotjd9.jpg

Dan
Jan 9th, 2007, 21:20
nice topic... i hope everyone shares their fav's dj :)

Laan
Jan 9th, 2007, 21:36
nice topic... i hope everyone shares their fav's dj :)

I noticed we need a bit more forum activeness so threads like this are welcome. You didnt tell us about your favorite dj yet Dan.. :P:

Vicky Wood
Jan 9th, 2007, 22:44
I love Tiesto too, he might be a corporate conglomerate (spelling?!) these days but he still knows how to thrill a crowd..... in my opinion of course!

He's always relentlessly playing with his knobs (on the mixer before you get any ideas!!) when bringing in a new track.

He generally plays a wider range of tracks too, something I enjoy as I like many different forms of EDM......

Can't wait to see him when he's back in the UK

Hanki
Jan 10th, 2007, 13:07
My faves are Sasha, Diggers, Hernan, Prydz.

Laan
Jan 10th, 2007, 13:28
My faves are Sasha, Diggers, Hernan, Prydz.

Any reason to ? :P:

Config
Jan 10th, 2007, 14:07
My favourite Dj is Config. I love all tracks the guy plays <3 It feels like i'm one with his taste of music :)

dj_revel
Jan 10th, 2007, 14:56
No one is better than PVD... Paul has got the best mixing skills (no matter if its vinyl cd or pc) this guy simply rocks. No one on earth can make such energy-filled sets like he does... Armin is also goood... but PVD is my personal No1

DistantLand
Jan 10th, 2007, 17:42
DJ Precision & Ronski Speed was my favorite of all time! But now is Aly & Fila, DJ Shah!
Since Ronski Speed doesnt really spin my style anymore and DJ Precision quit to keep up with his label Somatic Sense!

Always in Trance
Jan 10th, 2007, 20:41
At this moment-number one:SUNLOUNGER aka DJ SHAH,number two:GREG DOWNEY,number three:MIKE SHIVER:D:P

ClubGirl
Jan 10th, 2007, 22:02
and mine.. hm.. i don't know :P: too much..
but for sure i love Markus Schulz for his set from BeOKEY Club in Slovakia <3 this set has all what i want from music : energy, massive beats, a lot of choons and some nice lyrics and relaxing tunes :love:

Laan
Jan 10th, 2007, 23:08
No one is better than PVD... Paul has got the best mixing skills (no matter if its vinyl cd or pc) this guy simply rocks. No one on earth can make such energy-filled sets like he does... Armin is also goood... but PVD is my personal No1

I always wanted to hear PVD live. I still have no date planned. He doesnt spinns in Holland enough :(

ClubGirl
Jan 10th, 2007, 23:14
I always wanted to hear PVD live. I still have no date planned. He doesnt spinns in Holland enough :(

he was in Poland last year at Creamfields and i didn't hear him but i heard that it wasn't amazing set, nothing special.. but i also saw film from Love Parade 2006 and Paul's set was unforgettable! one of best sets at LP 06
so now.. and now i don't know.. i don't like Paul as a producer and i haven't heard him live yet so .. i'm neutral :P:

MarkO
Jan 10th, 2007, 23:15
fav dj well let see i seen tiesto live many times and i love how he drives the crowd he gets into the crowd but his sets arent that great some times he is my number 1 dj when is LIVE but on the radio ferry corsen woah that kid is insane i meet him a cuple of times and woah he is nuts inside the dj booth and out side so
number one to listen to live TIESTO number 2 listen on radio or live ferry corsen !
number 3 pvd !

Laan
Jan 11th, 2007, 19:04
There is a big difference between TIESTO live and live at the radio. I think he is way better Live. On the radio he is just as good as many other dj's..

Van Deka
Jan 12th, 2007, 01:03
me!!!!! =)
other than me id have to say
above and beyond, i love their style, and hows everything matches even though they dont use harmonic mixing

Jorda
Jan 18th, 2007, 06:17
Armin van Buuren, Rank 1, Above & Beyond, Paul van Dyk. I wouldn't say Tiesto anymore, but he's also a solid DJ.

GroBo
Jan 18th, 2007, 10:22
For Tiesto is the best.
I also love Mark Norman, they got a bit harder style IMO
And best talented dj for is Phynn

Laan
Jan 18th, 2007, 23:03
For Tiesto is the best.
I also love Mark Norman, they got a bit harder style IMO
And best talented dj for is Phynn

I never heard phynn live. I know he rox though. I think i agree with those dj's. Mark Norman is awesome live aswell :wow:

GroBo
Jan 18th, 2007, 23:39
Well i saw phynn 5 times now, got a signed album of In Trance We Trust 011 from him :D

Dan
Jan 19th, 2007, 02:06
I would have to say ATB, my fellow cousin :) gotta support the fam you know what i mean :)

If it was not him I would choose RANK1.

feles
Jan 19th, 2007, 02:09
Buahahaha Dan! ATB ftw!? :D

GroBo
Jan 19th, 2007, 09:32
Looks like the dutch DJ's are doing great :)

Sasha Pidann
Jan 20th, 2007, 05:28
ATB? TIESTO?

Ok....I'll keep my mouth shut.

James Zabiela blows pretty much everyone out of the water, if you dont know who he is, find out. You need to know the future of DJing.

This guy is the only DJ who has ever made me go "WOW". Period.

There are a bunch of DJs on AH.fm that would give TIESTO and ATB a run for their money live, i would really like to see anyone do the things James Zabiela does. I have been working for 6 months learning his techniques even purcahsed a couple of EFX-5000s, and creativity and hands-on approach of this guy still amazes me.

its the future.

Laan
Jan 20th, 2007, 16:29
Make him play a set at afterhours :P I am really interested.

Mulit100
Jan 21st, 2007, 10:28
My The Best Dj is a ATB

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4980/0099nj.jpg

Sasha Pidann
Jan 21st, 2007, 11:59
Who? Dan?

Hanki
Jan 21st, 2007, 17:43
It's a big misunderstanding calling ATB a DJ...

sandrine
Jan 24th, 2007, 20:20
My favorites dj are :
1- Tiesto & Armin Van Buuren
2 - Blank & Jones
3 - Kyau vs Albert
and many , many more !!!! :biggrin: :super: :heartbeat:

Laan
Jan 24th, 2007, 22:26
It's a big misunderstanding calling ATB a DJ...

How do you mean?

DjShy
Jan 25th, 2007, 00:28
Who is your favorite DJ and why is he/she? I am interested in what ppl have as their favorite. I mean DJ as in liveset, not as producer :P:

I like Tiesto the most of all. In the first place he doesnt look that good. But after i heard him live somewhere i felt in love immediatly :love:

I love the way how he brings the new track while mixing. Everytime he mixes in a new track you get an euforic feeling. I like the way armin van buuren mixes too but he doesnt fit the magikal skills Tiesto has.

I liked Tiesto since 2004......then he got reeally worse to me....

Nowadays I really like some other "less known" djs, like Manuel le Saux, Six Senses, Sean Tyas, Lange, Leon Bolier, Bronzwaer and many others......I actually get crazy with PvD sets, vut recently he's also gone down with his powerful sets, shame!

Hanki
Jan 25th, 2007, 19:46
How do you mean?

'What'

I mean he can't produce a DJ set, because he doesn't know what does good transition mean, he doesn't know what's mood and what's style, not to mention a tracks selection...

Dan
Jan 26th, 2007, 00:02
My The Best Dj is a ATB

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4980/0099nj.jpg

thats me, where did you get this picture? :)

Laan
Jan 26th, 2007, 11:45
thats me, where did you get this picture? :)

If that's you. You are ATB :P Not like we didnt know this yet.
Typ in google: ATB and you find that picture :)

Edit: Nice criticizing of Dan hanki.....:nono:

DjShy
Jan 26th, 2007, 12:45
'What'

I mean he can't produce a DJ set, because he doesn't know what does good transition mean, he doesn't know what's mood and what's style, not to mention a tracks selection...

well since he started to release his ATB the DJ compilations, think he has improved so much is previous cheesie period, didn't he?

as producer of course he's still not the best trancer, for sure!!

Hanki
Jan 26th, 2007, 13:14
well since he started to release his ATB the DJ compilations, think he has improved so much is previous cheesie period, didn't he?

as producer of course he's still not the best trancer, for sure!!

His compilations show my point - even when I was used to trance I couldn't manage 2 listen to those CDs from the start to the end, it was a pain 2 my ears...

Alek
Jan 26th, 2007, 22:28
Nick Warren,Danny Tenaglia,Tiesto.Armin van Buuren,Sasha,John Digweed,Satoshie Tomiie:) :) :) :)

DjShy
Jan 27th, 2007, 13:20
His compilations show my point - even when I was used to trance I couldn't manage 2 listen to those CDs from the start to the end, it was a pain 2 my ears...

http://www.discogs.com/image/R-246780-1143450967.jpeg

u really think those tunes are painfull to ur ears!????

http://www.discogs.com/image/R-349459-1146616915.jpeg

:) Well, a part from 2 or 3 tunes in each cd.....I'd say they're some of the best sound of trance ..... :)

Tancoll
Jan 27th, 2007, 20:08
Right now, Talla 2XLC and Sean Tyas.
Both are impressive as a DJ. Sean is an excellent producer to.

After the set Talla 2XLC did at Mondaybar Lucia Cruise. Probably the best I've heard from a DJ ever.

Hanki
Jan 27th, 2007, 20:45
http://www.discogs.com/image/R-246780-1143450967.jpeg

u really think those tunes are painfull to ur ears!????

http://www.discogs.com/image/R-349459-1146616915.jpeg

:) Well, a part from 2 or 3 tunes in each cd.....I'd say they're some of the best sound of trance ..... :)

Well, seems like U don;t get the point of the DJ mix. It's not only about the tracks, because you can play simply the best ones, but the thing is, that you've to bring'em to the listeners in a proper and adequate way. DJing it's not foobar or winamp where you only put tracks and play them, track order and the style, the way you present and play them is I think the most important factor as we're talking about the DJ mix. ATB doesn't know these rules so that's why i can't call him a DJ and his 'mixes' are damaging my brain...

Laan
Jan 28th, 2007, 09:54
Well, seems like U don;t get the point of the DJ mix. It's not only about the tracks, because you can play simply the best ones, but the thing is, that you've to bring'em to the listeners in a proper and adequate way. DJing it's not foobar or winamp where you only put tracks and play them, track order and the style, the way you present and play them is I think the most important factor as we're talking about the DJ mix. ATB doesn't know these rules so that's why i can't call him a DJ and his 'mixes' are damaging my brain...

This really makes me download a set of atb. I'm really interested right now..

Dan
Jan 28th, 2007, 10:00
I do agree with Hanki that it takes more then just choose best tunes and mix them, on the other hand I can't really comment on the whole my cousin cant mix, I never head a set by Andre.

Its all about the journey the dj can take you on with his shows... :P

Hanki
Jan 28th, 2007, 11:53
This really makes me download a set of atb. I'm really interested right now..

Pity that there's so much ignorance on the forums...

etherk
Feb 6th, 2007, 04:46
:. Above & Beyond
:. Menno de Jong
:. Ronski Speed
:. Armin van Buuren

esgrimer
Feb 11th, 2007, 10:03
:) my favorits are:
1. Armin Van Buuren
2. Markus Schulz
3. Anthony Pappa

the sets of anthony pappa are great. the music is always special and the mix work is perfect

PhilipJensen
Feb 11th, 2007, 21:04
Roger sanchez
Laidback Luke
Axwell
Steve Angello

:D

shortyarmada
Feb 11th, 2007, 23:24
1.Markus Schulz
3..Andy More
2.Armin Van Buuren....and any more
i love trance:ah:

Dan
Feb 12th, 2007, 00:05
:welcome: to afterhours shortyamanda :)
hope you enjoy it :)

Rafał^
Feb 12th, 2007, 15:43
1st place: Armin Van Buuren
2nd place: Dj Tiesto
3rd place: Kyau vs Albert

ClubGirl
Feb 12th, 2007, 16:43
After last saturday night : Sander van Doorn and Markus Schulz :love: :love: :love:

Laan
Feb 12th, 2007, 18:20
They rock indeed

Hanki
Feb 12th, 2007, 20:15
Yeah Markus was good till 2004...

Jakyro
Feb 12th, 2007, 23:09
Airwave
M.I.K.E.
John 00 Fleming

:)

minc
Feb 15th, 2007, 08:03
Favorite... that changes all the time.. right now, Armin Van Buuren is doing good with the ASOT weekly show...

Gia
Feb 15th, 2007, 11:24
Always and forever Markus Schulz :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

aru
Feb 15th, 2007, 13:40
Always And Forever T I E S T O ! ! !

nano
Feb 15th, 2007, 17:07
Flutlicht & S.h.o.k.k. !!!

uplifting
Feb 17th, 2007, 10:46
DJ PRECISION :love: for the past

ALY AND FILA FOR THE FUTURE! :wow: :wow:

Laan
Feb 19th, 2007, 01:24
DJ PRECISION :love: for the past

ALY AND FILA FOR THE FUTURE! :wow: :wow:

Nice opinion :)

Vexilium
Feb 19th, 2007, 23:12
1. DJ Shah
2. Pedro Del Mar
3. Above & Beyond

Persian-KinG
Feb 20th, 2007, 07:48
Tiesto, my fav song of all time is JUST BE, that song never gets old in my opinion. i also like other djs but Tiesto is #1 in my book.

ziustem
Mar 4th, 2007, 23:56
well, my all-time favourite is Armin, followed by Tiesto, Ron van den Beuken, Menno de Jong... and so much many

...I'd include Randy Katana and Marcel Woods on the list too (even if they'te mainly producers) :)

giulius_2005
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:36
what about markus schultz....orgabriel&dresden....

avamea
Mar 5th, 2007, 14:30
Master Shulz!

Laan
Mar 6th, 2007, 12:49
New list for now:

1Tiesto
2Cosmic Gate
3Ronald van Gelderen.

GroBo
Mar 7th, 2007, 21:15
1 Tiesto
2 Phynn (just love him)
3 i can't even choose, there all so many good dj's!

Laan
Mar 8th, 2007, 13:25
I missed Phynn at trance energy :(

GroBo
Mar 8th, 2007, 21:46
To bad he was great!

AMDYagiFighter
Mar 14th, 2007, 22:58
Yogi Biomehanika! and Eddie Halliwell!

EDDIE, EDDIE, EDDIE, EDDIE!

KilianSSL
Mar 14th, 2007, 23:10
Confiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig 4 Ever

DJ_Jusha
Mar 16th, 2007, 20:14
Jeff Mills the god of TT's ... if questions why ... look his exhibition dvd ...:D

szavi
Mar 17th, 2007, 00:05
My favorite is Ron van Den Beuken.

He is very impressive.

Config
Mar 17th, 2007, 17:26
Confiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig 4 Ever

ya serious? :wow:

dyzmo
Mar 31st, 2007, 18:44
Randy Katana !!!!!!!!

Leonel III
Apr 1st, 2007, 08:19
I cannot choose only one... Armin van Buuren, Ronski Speed, Airwave, Cosmic Gate, Dj Shog, Ferry Corsten, Flutlicht, Solar Stone... too many... too many...

yaper
Apr 1st, 2007, 12:33
Hard to say, there' re many great DJ... many interesting styles... it depends of tracklist, good day to mixing and other important things.

PS: OK, I can't write who is my fav DJ... so I write that Kalwi & Remi are the worst DJ's ever :D :D :D :lolz:

Laan
Apr 1st, 2007, 23:05
I cannot choose only one... Armin van Buuren, Ronski Speed, Airwave, Cosmic Gate, Dj Shog, Ferry Corsten, Flutlicht, Solar Stone... too many... too many...

There can only be 1 on top!

Tiesto for the win! :ah:

Flashburn
Apr 4th, 2007, 15:01
Manuel Le Saux ,Alex M.O.R.P.H. ,John O'Callaghan is the best.!!!!!

loveparade
Mar 26th, 2008, 00:36
favourite?I used to have favourites before i heard MARKUS SCHULZ for the first time about an year back .TRANS MUSIC HAS A SUPERSTAR IN HIM,HES THE GOD OF MIXING AND THE MAN OF THE FUTURE.RIGHT NOW AS I SCRIBBLE IAM LISTENING TO HIS LATEST SET FROM 20 MARCH.WOW!2008 IS GOING TO BE HIS YEAR,ITL BE A SHAME IF HES NOT VOTED NUMBER 1..MARKUS ,IF YOU EVER GET TO READ THIS MESSAGE,IAM THE BIGGEST FAN OF YOUR MUSIC,KEEP IT UP GOOD FELLA COZ THE FUTURE IS ELECTRO.

JzL
Mar 26th, 2008, 01:52
Best DJ
Armin & Okie

Best Producer
AnB

Best versatile artist:
Paul van Dyk

Best upcoming Producers
Colontonio
Phil York
Richard Durand

t4e
Mar 26th, 2008, 03:34
Markus Schulz has gone to the top of my list almost a year ago, he should be No1 this year without a doubt. :mml:...i've had it with cheese, i'm becoming lactose intolerant now. :lol:

JzL
Mar 26th, 2008, 04:31
I will agree .. Markus deserves the #1 spot ... i think more than anyone ...when you think about what he has done .. how much work he has been putting in ... and his tracks are killer and when he is live .... well yeah ... i'll extract my last post. Truly Markus should be on the top.

lipe araujo
Mar 26th, 2008, 22:55
I think my favorite dj is Deadmau5 and Tiesto. :D

loveparade
Mar 27th, 2008, 00:40
cant stop raving about MARKUS,I appreciate and respect that everybody has a different taste in music and life in general,BUT,BUT,BUT having said that,for me Mr.SCHULZ or should i say LORD MARKUS is already good 2 years ahead of the rest of the big wigs,great sounds ,amazing frequencies and killer tight mixing puts him ahead of the rest who sadly have failed to impress a great deal with their popish house.Kudos MARKUS,hold on to that flag.

piccoli
Mar 27th, 2008, 12:08
Well for me used to be PvD, but now i prefer the new generation of Dj's, like Sean Tyas, John O'Callaghan, A&b, Sebastian Brandt and more.

Armin and Tiesto doesn't deserve to be in the top now, maybe few years back but not now IMO:grinning:

t4e
Mar 28th, 2008, 21:42
My favourite Dj is Config. I love all tracks the guy plays <3 It feels like i'm one with his taste of music :)

you need to add a "van" to your name.... :lol::lol::lol:

Tina flurr
Mar 31st, 2008, 20:47
My fav dj he passed away on friday he was dj rap base :((F) roger chlala...we will never forget you :( ..R.I.P!!

- dj tiesto,armin van buuren,david vendetta :D

Laan
Mar 31st, 2008, 22:52
My fav dj he passed away on friday he was dj rap base :((F) roger chlala...we will never forget you :( ..R.I.P!!

- dj tiesto,armin van buuren,david vendetta :D

I'm sorry to hear that :( :welcome: to afterhours by the way

lilcross
Apr 4th, 2008, 04:06
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg250/gabitozx/yoji20biomehanika201.jpg

FOR ME YOJI BIOMEHANIKA:bananadance::bounce::super:

Why? cuz he is the most crazy dj i ever seen: his songs are so Crazy, he has a cool style, cool charisma, is like my master:music: jajaja

thread like thz make people fight:boxing:

jajjaja:)

PD::morepics:

Minici
Apr 4th, 2008, 06:11
Its hard to say is my favorite I've been listening and Dj'n a long time. There is so much talent out here. Tiesto by far is years ahead of the music. Very talented and has always been the best. Well, we all know that but Ive seen him several times and every time he comes to Florida he just doesnt seem to be as excited to be here. Know Armin and Ferry are always interactive with the crowd. So my list of favorites is 1Tiesto 2 Armin 3Paul VanDyke 4Ferry Corsten 5Paul Oakenfold 6Matt Darey 7 Markus Shulz 8Sean Tyas. Sorry about that list goes on and on.......................................:grinning:

Exortius
Apr 4th, 2008, 18:13
My #1 spot goes to Ferry Corsten, although i've yet to see him live. By live sets the crown should go to Markus Schulz, dude is simply amazing. Nothing gets me moving quite like a live Markus set in a crowded DC club :super:.

EDU NRG
May 12th, 2008, 04:14
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg250/gabitozx/yoji20biomehanika201.jpg

FOR ME YOJI BIOMEHANIKA:bananadance::bounce::super:

Why? cuz he is the most crazy dj i ever seen: his songs are so Crazy, he has a cool style, cool charisma, is like my master:music: jajaja

thread like thz make people fight:boxing:

jajjaja:)

PD::morepics:

+1:lol:

but........ ATB forever with me

robiejaegs
May 13th, 2008, 21:47
Tom Colontonio/Sean Tyas when these two guys play together talk about a party!!:super:For uplift

Above & Beyond throws one hella party too!:grinning:For trance

DJ D-Flux,Smokes & Wattsie and DJ Vale at the moment For Hard Trance

Markus Schulz I'll be seeing him play May 23rd,2008,New York City so I'll let ya know

Smithers
May 14th, 2008, 21:39
Favorite producer of the moment: Paul Miller. No doubt about it.
Favorite DJ of the moment: Manuel Le Saux. Also no doubt about it.

Although in both categories there are a lot of DJ's/producers which I can't decide who will be in my top 5. :)

Project Afire
May 14th, 2008, 21:49
My favourite DJs are Armin van Buuren and Eddie Halliwell. Armin is one of the few that I've seen playing live. It was in Amnesia, Ibiza, and the man just made the people go nuts with his set! Eddie is, well... Eddie is just brilliant! His sets are always very energetic and uplifting and the man knows it all when it comes to djing and scratching!
This year I'm going to see Paul van Dyk and Tiesto here, in Portugal.

Dajan
May 28th, 2008, 18:20
Offcourse we all love our top 10 Djs, such as Tiesto, AVB, PVD, John Digweed...etc they are all legendary in creating and mixing great hits! i salute all of you but we should also notice great dj that arent that well known on the map such as : Danny Howells, Behrouz, Offer Nissim and Jordan's own Bee Bee

berlinpvd
May 28th, 2008, 21:55
My No 1 : PVd & Darude

Cloud 88
May 28th, 2008, 22:19
Wow, they are so many ...but here is one of my best of the best >>

Armin van Buuren
Tiesto
Sean Tyas
Above & Beyond
Aly & Fila
DJ Shah
Pedro del Mar
Manuel le Saux
Angel Ace
Paul van Dyk
Ferry Corsten
ATB
4 Strings
Veselin Tasev
Xijaro
Cosmic Gate
Blank & Jones
Chicane
Solarstone
Astral Projection
Ron van den Beuken
Scot Project
Paul Oakenfold
Rank 1
Darude
Mauro Picotto

Config
May 28th, 2008, 22:26
you need to add a "van" to your name.... :lol::lol::lol:

like 'Van Config'? :lol:

Infie
May 30th, 2008, 17:49
Well...there are so many DJs that I admire and I love listening...But I think Tiesto is who I'm really mad about! :super:His tracks that make everything in you move, the way he plays the records, the way he feels the music, the way he gets out of control on his parties and he makes the whole croud go mad... I'm in love with the In Search of Sunrise series...beautiful tracks...music that touches your heart! :love: