PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 Clubs in Toronto...

Persian-KinG
Feb 5th, 2007, 06:24
Hey guys lets make this thread our top 3 ranking, we will all share.. i will start with my rankings. by the way im new here and so far so good.

1. Guv (everytime i went i had a great time and they always have big names to perform and it doesnt hurt when u get in VIP lol)
2. Lot 332 (nice music)
3. Level (saturday nites that i've gone its been nice)

thats in my expereince, i havnt gone to TIL but soon will.. let me know what u think, agree or disagree..

Robbie
Feb 5th, 2007, 06:39
Hey guys lets make this thread our top 3 ranking, we will all share.. i will start with my rankings. by the way im new here and so far so good.

1. Guv (everytime i went i had a great time and they always have big names to perform and it doesnt hurt when u get in VIP lol)
2. Lot 332 (nice music)
3. Level (saturday nites that i've gone its been nice)

thats in my expereince, i havnt gone to TIL but soon will.. let me know what u think, agree or disagree..

decent pics.. ill add mine

1. The Guvernment
2. The Docks (sweet venue but promoters never bring anyone decent there)
3. This Is London

Persian-KinG
Feb 5th, 2007, 06:42
ya i been to the Docks couple times but once was for a Persian concert lol the other time it was Hip hop in the main venue :( but i guess i never went there for trance it must be good..
good pics though ..

Robbie
Feb 5th, 2007, 06:46
ya i been to the Docks couple times but once was for a Persian concert lol the other time it was Hip hop in the main venue :( but i guess i never went there for trance it must be good..
good pics though ..

ya they bring Tiesto twice a year, and this saturday its Johan Gielen and KVA.. its not often theres trance tho

btw.. welcome to AH m8 :)

enlive
Feb 5th, 2007, 20:43
1. Guv.
2. Docks.
3. Viva.

I found that Viva has one of the best light-systems in Toronto clubs.

Persian-KinG
Feb 6th, 2007, 23:15
ya they bring Tiesto twice a year, and this saturday its Johan Gielen and KVA.. its not often theres trance tho

btw.. welcome to AH m8 :)

Thx im liking this site i told few friends abotu this site... i also go to another Web site called Puroeuro, they got good downloads u should chek it out.

Persian-KinG
Feb 6th, 2007, 23:15
1. Guv.
2. Docks.
3. Viva.

I found that Viva has one of the best light-systems in Toronto clubs.

I heard of Viva, where is it Located again, Richomound sT?

sheephotdog
Feb 17th, 2007, 22:15
Puroeuro....yes...gov is sick !!!

Dan
Feb 17th, 2007, 22:22
:welcome: to forums sheephotdog

you might wanna skrink down your signature its stretching whole forum :)

thanks mate

Jorda
Feb 18th, 2007, 22:04
Viva's garbage man. If you want Hardcore and Hard Dance, pay a visit to Viva.

Persian-KinG
Feb 21st, 2007, 06:16
any1 goin to Guv this sat.. Its Ultra spin 12 happenin!!!!!!!
i m goin for sure...
some of the djs include Max Grham, Sander K, 2talla

enlive
Feb 21st, 2007, 17:26
Viva's garbage man. If you want Hardcore and Hard Dance, pay a visit to Viva.

I only go ther when a famous name comes to town, like PVD. And, their light system is insane as I mentioned above. I don't know about their regular day to day events.

Robbie
Feb 24th, 2007, 06:08
any1 goin to Guv this sat.. Its Ultra spin 12 happenin!!!!!!!
i m goin for sure...
some of the djs include Max Grham, Sander K, 2talla

i was thinking about going, but I think i need to save my money for BeB

Persian-KinG
Feb 28th, 2007, 06:06
i was thinking about going, but I think i need to save my money for BeB

I went to Ultra Spin it was amzing!!!! best show i ever been to.
wats BeB?
oh AVB is comin April 22.. cant wait for that..
any1 know when Tiesto comes to Toronto i know he comes but like which months?

GreyDog
Mar 25th, 2007, 10:24
We just checked Tiesto's schedule for the next few months, nothing in Canada yet.

I'm choked about AVB, He's at the Guv for $25, with Markus Shulz, I'm paying $65 at a new venue, get this, no alcohol, and its sold out.

I'll be at AVB's April 7th show here in Vancouver, expect it to be awesome, as usual.

Goa 'n' Tdot
Oct 20th, 2007, 14:23
Has anyone ever been to this club called Circa? What's the music there like?.

sheena
Oct 21st, 2007, 18:10
I heard it was good. Never been there yet. Hopefully one day.

I've been to Next Level, Lot 335 and The Republik. Next level had some trance and so did Lot 335. Republik did not.

Goa 'n' Tdot
Oct 25th, 2007, 05:44
true sheena... Been to the lot & republik... unfortunately the second I hear r& b & hip hop... I automatically switch from super hyper active party mode to find the nearest exit mode! lol... Headed to the guv for the haloween nite!! finally I 'll be back in the guv... lovein every song played in the gallery!! !!! Woo hoo!!!!

Goa 'n' Tdot
Oct 25th, 2007, 05:49
Sheena !! welcome to ah.fm!!!...the music here is just PHENOMINAL!!

T R A N C E
Oct 26th, 2007, 20:18
Guv
Docks
Lot 332

Dan
Oct 26th, 2007, 21:57
Guv
Docks
Lot 332

:welcome: to AH
tell all your friends about this place :super:

Goa 'n' Tdot
Oct 27th, 2007, 04:43
:welcome: to AH
tell all your friends about this place :super:

I've been tuned in for 2 months... loved it so much that I actually registered:loveah:...Next step is converting all R&B & hip hop addicts all across toronto into afterhours.fm lovers!!:)

Goa 'n' Tdot
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:20
Comfort zone.... anyone's been there?? I'll be there depending on the music... is it similar to the stuff they play @ the drink & gallery @ the Guv?(progressive trance, techtrance)

Brownvelvet
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:47
If we are talking about just the music then

1) comfort zone
2)footwork
3)hotel

Mclaren F1
Feb 11th, 2008, 00:53
Has anyone ever been to this club called Circa? What's the music there like?.

I been there last friday and it was probably one of the best times I had in a club. They played all house music but none of the commercialized kind which is always good :grinning: The light show was pretty sweet and its good to see almost everyone there dance to EDM music.

Will Dos Santos
Mar 5th, 2008, 19:08
Never been to CiRCA but I hear good things about it...

Here are my top 3 picks for Toronto:

1. The Guv
2. Footwork
3. Mod Club

Mod club is great on Friday's... they always bring in good house dj's...

TIL is great on friday's but i hate the losers that go there on saturday...

Will Dos Santos
Mar 5th, 2008, 19:14
Comfort zone.... anyone's been there?? I'll be there depending on the music... is it similar to the stuff they play @ the drink & gallery @ the Guv?(progressive trance, techtrance)

Hey man, comfort zone is great!

I don't really consider the drink and gallery to be progressive trance and techtrance, more like minimal and tech house... but I guess that all depends on how you classify the music.

Comfort Zone plays lots of minimal and techy house... if you like the drink you'll probably like comfort zone.

:grinning:

if you like that music check out this set...

http://www.soundsofeurope.fm/mixes/080126.zip

t4e
Mar 6th, 2008, 13:21
Guv
Docks
Lot 332

*busted*....if the age in your profile is correct...how did you get in those clubs? ...all events are 19+:tongue:

DWSR
Mar 30th, 2008, 22:38
Heh, I've never been to any clubs. I'm just looking for recommendations on spots to go when I turn the right age.

Guv seems to be the place to be.

Oh, and hai!

JzL
Apr 4th, 2008, 17:31
1.Circa
2.Blvd
3.Guv

MarkusAmbrose
Jun 16th, 2008, 21:59
any1 know when Tiesto comes to Toronto

I supposed, everybody knows already that on June 30th, Tiesto will be here :)

And my fav:

1. UltraSuperClub
2. Guv.
3. Circa.

kamranf
Dec 25th, 2008, 19:58
Here is the thing, you really cant compare Guvernment with the other clubs in the town. As we all know, guv (the main room) is a rave, but all the other clubs are just clubs. And about Circa, which is owned by the same company INK. Circa's main floor is very close to being a rave, but its not, and its never gonna be, coz INK wants to keep the guv up there and unique, since its the only rave we have up here.
Last year when DJ MAG ranked guv #8 in the world, it was from a raver's point of view, not a clubber's.

aleko
Mar 17th, 2009, 01:31
1) Guvernment
2) Circa
3) This is London

All big clubs, all have great lights all have awesome sound systems......Circa on a Friday night they had sick electro...

This is london hosts some sick house dj's too, and it's a big club..Looks awesome too..

Haven't been to guvernment yet, but I hear it's the top club in TO. Going this weekend actually for AVB

mdiberar
Jan 24th, 2010, 03:25
Lol @Persian-King's name. This music is the sheeet in Europe man, Russell Peters. :dance:

just4trance
Dec 17th, 2010, 01:02
1. guv/ koolhaus (koolhaus rules...it's old schoolish ;)
2. vola

wherever good djs go :wub:

bjerre
Jan 5th, 2011, 22:21
I've been tuned in for 2 months... loved it so much that I actually registered:loveah:...Next step is converting all R&B & hip hop addicts all across toronto into afterhours.fm lovers!!:)

:iagree: :good2:

Goodmusicinc
Jan 9th, 2011, 08:02
1. This is london
2. Vola
3. Koolhaus (Guv Section is not that interesting except for the light show)

Goodmusicinc
Jan 9th, 2011, 08:04
100% True, I don't see guv as being a legit club.

Here is the thing, you really cant compare Guvernment with the other clubs in the town. As we all know, guv (the main room) is a rave, but all the other clubs are just clubs.

:iagree:

razbear
Jan 13th, 2011, 06:19
number 1: GUV
number 2: Rockwood
number 3: my BasEment!

kamranf
Jan 31st, 2011, 19:05
wats BeB?

BeB stands for Bal en Blanc, which in English means white party. Its Montreal's version of sensation white where everyone wears white clothes. It happens once a year usually on the easter weekend, but it has been moved around a lot recently. This is their website:
Productions Playground - Bal en Blanc 17 (http://productionsplayground.com/Bal-en-Blanc-17.html)
The tickets are very expensive, but the party is well worth it. The doors are open at 9pm and the party goes till next day noon. And from there you can head to all the electronic clubs/raves around Montreal that have extended hours ( from Noon till next morning 4am). Also, watch this video. It should give you some general ideas:
YouTube - Line for Bal en Blanc - Montreal 23-03-2008 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcfvADYawPU)

Now back to the actual topic.
1) Circa was closed since last summer due to bad management/decisions, mainly because INK sold it away.
2) Muzik IS toronto's #1 club, and its been for the past like 6 years or so. It is super classy and 25+ for boys and 21+ for girls mainly because they don't want kids running around in their club. Every now and then they play a hip hop or a reggae song, but its mostly top 40. They don't play much hip hop and such because they want to prevent people from humping each other on the dance floor. Bottle service is extremely expensive there. Last time I went there was 2 weeks ago and the cheapest bottle on their menu is 475 Dollars!
3) Rating clubs depends on what you like. For example, I like clubs on king street coz thats where the older (more mature) people hang out. I hate Richmond, coz its nothing like classy. Its full of under age kids with fake ID's and gangster wannabes.
4) If you are into electronic music and drugs, then you will love guvernment, confort zone, and footwork. There are a few others that I can't remember what their names are right now. :super::super::super: