PDA

View Full Version : 31-03-2007 Afterhours.FM Torrent Server *closed as of Dec 1st 08*

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dan
Mar 31st, 2007, 03:45
Please note that the Torrent Site is now closed. We hope to provide a new On Demand system in the coming weeks. Please read here for more info http://forum.ah.fm/announcements/5999-31-03-2007-afterhours-fm-torrent-server-5.html#post568900

Due to the demand on our podcasts Afterhours.FM has a torrent site now available to
listeners!!

Our link to the new torrent site is: http://torrents.ah.fm

This torrent site will only have shows broadcasted on Afterhours.FM, and that
Afterhours.FM holds the rights to. Please see the below disclaimer for further
details.

Afterhours.FM will now make podcasts available on our torrent site 48 hours after
the initial broadcast of our resident shows. If you download, please help by
seeding what you download for at least 24 hours.

Running both AfterHours.FM & Torrents Archives costs a lot of money (not to mention
the amount of work ;) Every donation (even small ones) are highly appreciated!

Thanks for the support in making Afterhours.FM you choice for the best EDM in the
Industry!

* DISCLAIMER:

All files shared on the torrent site are copy written and owned by Afterhours.FM We
have expressed written consent to share these shows in .MP3 and torrent format, and
are for promotional purposes only! You may not sell, publish to a different site or
re-broadcast these files without expressed written consent of Afterhours.FM

This site only contains mixed shows broadcasted on Afterhours.FM We do not support
illegal file sharing, therefore you will not find material outside of our broadcasts
on this torrent site.

Should you have any questions or concerns in regards to this torrent site, please
e-mail info@afterhours.fm

Regards,
Dan
Afterhours.FM General Manager

feles
Mar 31st, 2007, 14:23
Finally you posted that info Dan :) Now we've already upped there packs from previous In The Mix shows. As i am one of the uploaders and administrators there i want u guys to:

http://torrents.ah.fm/pic/seed.gif

:) cheers

GreyDog
Apr 1st, 2007, 02:11
Sweet Dan.

I know I for one am extremely excited to be able to listen to any number of the great artists who put hese awesome sets together.
Until Afterhours.fm is available on satelite radio, I will be playing these all day when I can.
Great work Dan, and of course, I'd like to thank all the brilliant DJ's on this site for their breathtakingt mixes. Cheers to you all.
:hello: :itsme: :) :wow: :ah: :lmao: :hello:

minc
Apr 8th, 2007, 06:34
nice, when i get home... ill do my part in seeding too...

DistantLand
Apr 8th, 2007, 18:53
Blah i couldnt seed! Stupid router kept disconnecting my messengers every random min! Pisses me off so i stopped seeding.

DJ_Jusha
Apr 28th, 2007, 19:05
torrent site need more support buddys ...
help

Dan
Apr 28th, 2007, 21:13
please seed people, once you finish downloading please as well seed :)
it will help everyone out :)

Goldberg
May 1st, 2007, 22:20
How to activate my login?
After signup on http://torrents.ah.fm/ I don't received nothing on my e-mail???

Dan
May 1st, 2007, 22:56
The torrent admin Kowy will activate you :)

GreyDog
May 2nd, 2007, 04:09
I'm seeding what I can. lets all seed. Sounds dirty:P

Dan
May 4th, 2007, 07:10
Just wanted to let everyone know that me, kowy and dfx are working on a automatic solution for all torrents. This should be complete within a few days, when this is done all Afterhours shows will be on the torrent automatically.

Please bare with us as we are working to have a smooth solution in place :)
cheers

Also wanted to thank Kowy for looking after the server, its taken alot of time to authorize the accounts and upload torrents. Thanks Kowy!!

GreyDog
May 4th, 2007, 07:16
Ya, thx Kowy, great job. I know i appreciate all the hard work.
every day, to a from work, in the yard, out for a walk, taking ah.fm with me everywhere.:ah:

Dan
May 4th, 2007, 20:29
The system is done, all shows will be on torrent 24hours after show.

Its all automatic, thank you to dfx for making this work.

Jellyfish
May 5th, 2007, 00:58
GREAT!!!! thx for allll this work :)

bluevision
May 28th, 2007, 09:10
:) nice.
thank you. i really wanted to listen to Duderstadt Electronic Eavesdropping 002.
:ah:

bb05
Jan 1st, 2008, 03:38
Very Very Nice, Cant wait for the massive end of the year pack :D :D

xruntime
Jan 1st, 2008, 05:36
could you make your sig any bigger lol

bb05
Jan 1st, 2008, 05:56
yes :P just wanted to show my dedication to here :)

Dan
Jan 1st, 2008, 07:21
thank you for the support ! helps seed to others :)

bb05
Jan 2nd, 2008, 02:30
my pleasure will definitely be seeding the EOTY pack once uploaded :)

lolosormiou
Jan 2nd, 2008, 14:19
Hello bb5 can you give me the url ad for the torrent of AfterHours. FM 1 Year Anniversary Massive Celebrations (01-06-2007)
Unfortunately I have been forced to change directories because of my organization partitions and therefore I can share more
Thank you in advance :)

lethalleigh
Jan 2nd, 2008, 16:46
Hello bb5 can you give me the url ad for the torrent of AfterHours. FM 1 Year Anniversary Massive Celebrations (01-06-2007)
Unfortunately I have been forced to change directories because of my organization partitions and therefore I can share more
Thank you in advance :)

check your private messages! link sent to you! :)

bb05
Jan 3rd, 2008, 22:22
Welcome to AfterHours.FM archives Torrent Site :: Login (http://torrents.ah.fm/details.php?id=619)

and does anyone know when end of the year torrent is coming? :) :)

thanks in adv. cant wait to dl it, was able to hear a few sets at work.. simply amazing :) and co-workers want them.. :lol: so yea :)

piccoli
Jan 3rd, 2008, 23:25
for those who have not a torrent client, use the browser Opera, it has a torrent client incorporated, i'm using it and woks just fine:grinning:

bb05
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:03
Personally Recommend µTorrent over any client for windows based torrenting. :)

lolosormiou
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:21
Personally being on GNU / Linux Ubuntu I have changed my client serving as Deluge which allows you to move the torrents without recreating :)

bb05
Jan 4th, 2008, 21:02
rTorrent is a very nice client for linux based distros, granted you know ur "stuff" about linux ;) all commandline based and i believe it is based orginally off of deluge.

lethalleigh
Jan 8th, 2008, 09:39
Welcome to AfterHours.FM archives Torrent Site :: Login (http://torrents.ah.fm/details.php?id=619)

and does anyone know when end of the year torrent is coming? :) :)

thanks in adv. cant wait to dl it, was able to hear a few sets at work.. simply amazing :) and co-workers want them.. :lol: so yea :)

shouldnt be too far away, its recieved massive popularity! so im sure your not alone when it comes to wanting to get your hands on it!

apparently it will be available as one whole download, or you can choose which ones you want to download!

best bet if your really curious is to ask one of the admins, or dan himself, kowy also plays a huge part in the torrents so try him for the update!

Vicky Wood
Jan 9th, 2008, 21:04
shouldnt be too far away, its recieved massive popularity! so im sure your not alone when it comes to wanting to get your hands on it!

apparently it will be available as one whole download, or you can choose which ones you want to download!

best bet if your really curious is to ask one of the admins, or dan himself, kowy also plays a huge part in the torrents so try him for the update!

available now :grinning:

t4e
Jan 12th, 2008, 15:26
i need to know this...why a mega EOYC file and not a separate file for each day?...its been 9 hours and i barely got 3GB of the 15GB :P

manofsteele
Feb 12th, 2008, 02:36
To admin or others who can help -
I want to use the torrent site to download some sets, but it WILL NOT let me log in...what's the deal here??

Dan
Feb 12th, 2008, 02:38
email your email address and your problem to kowy@afterhours.fm

he will look into the matter.

cheers

Viper^
Aug 4th, 2008, 13:08
I can't get torrent to work on my torrentflux server :( Than I Would be able to seed.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/558/errortw8.th.jpg (http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errortw8.jpg)

Kowy
Aug 29th, 2008, 05:10
it will work now mate... new system is implemented :)

foobaka
Sep 11th, 2008, 11:36
about 6 days ago, i downloaded two tracks a total of 162mb and i've been seeding it since. within those 6 days of seeding only 37mb have been seeded. is there a different method of getting the ratio up? i mean i'm really hesitant to download the tracks i really want since it will drop my ratio quite low and due to that i wouldn't be able to download.

Config
Sep 11th, 2008, 12:55
i don't think you have to worry about that.. as long as you're willing to keep those sets shared nobody will make a problem, you know. If you really want to secure your upload just go for the sets of the big names, just when they were released on the torrent server. If you are early then lots of people will download the sets and higher your upload ratio :) It all depends when and how popular the set is that you have downloaded.

foobaka
Sep 11th, 2008, 14:22
ah, mad good point. so i'll download a lot and when done leave it on seed. then, right when a popular torrent is released, download and seed it. that sounds like it works, very much thanks Config. :lol:

helmbrenner
Sep 12th, 2008, 23:31
what´s that theme from, played from 23:25 to 23:30 ??? I think I´ve heard it once before on ah-fm

11:25 PM CET

emaj1n
Sep 29th, 2008, 04:11
Hey all,

Believe it or not, I'm new to this torrent stuff. I downloaded BitTorrent and have downloaded a few sets. What do I have to do to seed these sets for others, too?

Thanks!

dfx
Sep 29th, 2008, 07:45
to seed, just let the torrent client running and leave the sets loaded in the client, even after they have finished downloading. by this, the torrent client will automatically upload ("seed") to other people when they download the same file.

ressu
Oct 27th, 2008, 14:54
The RSS feeds on the torrent server appear to be broken. If i create an alternative feed, it leaves out the accesskey. Also the RSS produced appears to be broken.

JaniX
Nov 2nd, 2008, 13:02
Any one know when the latest Daniel Kandi set is for download?
Think it was 29.10.08 or 30.10.08
If anyone got it, PLEASE seed!

LOVED this show!!

:super: BIG thumbs up for Kandi!! :grinning:

:loveah:

DhumKetu
Nov 2nd, 2008, 13:15
Any one know when the latest Daniel Kandi set is for download?
Think it was 29.10.08 or 30.10.08
If anyone got it, PLEASE seed!

LOVED this show!!

:super: BIG thumbs up for Kandi!! :grinning:

:loveah:

Its already been posted in our torrent site ...

Btw it was of the 27th of last month :)

Dan
Nov 2nd, 2008, 13:38
**Important notice**

As of January 1st 2009 Torrents will be no longer available. On demand will be introduced.

Thank you for understanding.

JaniX
Nov 2nd, 2008, 13:39
**Important notice**

As of January 1st 2009 Torrents will be no longer available. On demand will be introduced.

What will that mean?? just wondering :)

Dan
Nov 2nd, 2008, 13:41
What will that mean?? just wondering :)

Were still working out the details on this, but basically you can listen to any show in last 6 months... you click and listen :)

JaniX
Nov 2nd, 2008, 13:44
Its already been posted in our torrent site ...

Btw it was of the 27th of last month :)

Sure??
Hmm.. will have a look on it then.. :)
Didn't think it had 3 part's, but bow i got unsure :bounce:

JaniX
Nov 2nd, 2008, 13:47
Were still working out the details on this, but basically you can listen to any show in last 6 months... you click and listen :)

Thats cool :)

No matter what happens, i don't mind as long as the radio keep on runnin amd don't get shut down :super:

:loveah: #1 Station......

Dan
Nov 2nd, 2008, 13:49
Thats cool :)

No matter what happens, i don't mind as long as the radio keep on runnin amd don't get shut down :super:

:loveah: #1 Station......

thank you :)
you can always donate to help us :)
any donation is a donation, and you get alot of goodies more on that here
http://forum.ah.fm/announcements/9127-member-benefits-supporting-ah-fm.html

DhumKetu
Nov 2nd, 2008, 13:52
Sure??
Hmm.. will have a look on it then.. :)
Didn't think it had 3 part's, but bow i got unsure :bounce:

Part 1

Welcome to AfterHours.FM Archives Torrent Site :: Login (http://torrents.ah.fm/details.php?id=3553&hit=1)

Part 2

Welcome to AfterHours.FM Archives Torrent Site :: Login (http://torrents.ah.fm/details.php?id=3554&hit=1)

Part 3
Welcome to AfterHours.FM Archives Torrent Site :: Login (http://torrents.ah.fm/details.php?id=3555&hit=1)

DhumKetu
Nov 2nd, 2008, 13:56
**Important notice**

That shall be good ... actually it shall save us a lot of cost in terms of maintaining the torrent server.

Btw .. shall it be on demand streaming .. or shall it be on demand dwnload?

JaniX
Nov 2nd, 2008, 13:58
thank you :)
you can always donate to help us :)
any donation is a donation, and you get alot of goodies more on that here
http://forum.ah.fm/announcements/9127-member-benefits-supporting-ah-fm.html

Will do next time i use paypal :)
How do you recognize a donor??

Dan
Nov 2nd, 2008, 14:01
That shall be good ... actually it shall save us a lot of cost in terms of maintaining the torrent server.

Btw .. shall it be on demand streaming .. or shall it be on demand dwnload?

on demand streaming :P

Will do next time i use paypal :)
How do you recognize a donor??

when you donate there is a Forum name field you enter :)
thank you

DhumKetu
Nov 2nd, 2008, 14:09

That means trouble for me ... coz I got a mere 256 kbps bandwidth!

piccoli
Nov 2nd, 2008, 14:09

when you donate there is a Forum name field you enter :)
thank you

so will be a different site then? you enter the site click and listen?:music:

but the Replays here at the station still going too?

Dan
Nov 2nd, 2008, 14:12
That means trouble for me ... coz I got a mere 256 kbps bandwidth!

we see when its all done :) should be good for you if you have 256k

so will be a different site then? you enter the site click and listen?:music:

once new site comes out ill know more :)

JaniX
Nov 2nd, 2008, 14:12
Okay then :)
Thanks Dan :music:

Dan
Nov 2nd, 2008, 14:14
Okay then :)
Thanks Dan :music:

:) anytime mates, thx for support.

piccoli
Nov 2nd, 2008, 14:14

sorry Dan i edited the other post to late, so the Replays here at the station still going too?:music:

DhumKetu
Nov 2nd, 2008, 14:16

Great ... am happy :) :super::super::super:

Dan
Nov 2nd, 2008, 14:20
sorry Dan i edited the other post to late, so the Replays here at the station still going too?:music:

yes we will have them here also, but little less and we will bring in more djs, but say you wanna listen to some show that played 5 months ago that you really enjoyed, well you will be able to.. or say you missed a show few days ago with this you will be able to listen.

Its all about the experience that were after. :grinning:

berlinpvd
Nov 2nd, 2008, 23:14
'On demand streaming only' this means trouble for me as place where I work we cant play internet radio ,so I just download sets o my Ipod & listen to them at work.I will miss download service :(

Lazarus
Nov 3rd, 2008, 00:47
yes we will have them here also, but little less and we will bring in more djs, but say you wanna listen to some show that played 5 months ago that you really enjoyed, well you will be able to.. or say you missed a show few days ago with this you will be able to listen.

Its all about the experience that were after. :grinning:
Actually, this will suit me down to the ground, I've never quite got on board with the whole torrent thing anyway :grinning:

One thought though, do we think it will affect the number of listeners to the DJ that is currently playing? As people may come to the site and listen to old shows rather than the live stream? Then again, I don't know how busy the torrent site is so I don't know what effect it would have really...

Either way, I'm excited about the "new site"! :loveah: Can't wait to see what's in store :) Keep up the great work boss :ah:

ressu
Nov 3rd, 2008, 08:36
'On demand streaming only' this means trouble for me as place where I work we cant play internet radio ,so I just download sets o my Ipod & listen to them at work.I will miss download service :(

Sadly, this means trouble for me too.. I'd love to listen to the sets while driving to work, but since I don't have the possibility of streaming to my car it means no more ah.fm to keep me happy while driving. :(

Dan
Nov 3rd, 2008, 12:10
On demand should not reflect listeners... its the same as saying users wont tune in cause they can download the show 24hours later. LIVE is live, + this huge community is what makes AH unique.

I think on demand will actually make the service much more appealing. With all these podcasts coming out from each DJ, we see no reason to also offer downloads. We wanna have a central place where you can select the month and see a list of all shows that were aired, then click play and enjoy it.

DJ's have their hardcore fan base, either way they will tune in to the shows. Also on demand will work so 7 days later the sets will be available to listen rather then 24 hours later.

Last but not least, Im still working out the details and the whole concept. But at the end of the day my intention is to make AH.FM more enjoyable experience.

Tarek
Nov 4th, 2008, 02:29
Just a question..I hope you don't mind me asking..but would recording those on demand streams be a "violation"?

I'm just looking for a workaround for those that like to listen to sets away from the computer

dfx
Nov 4th, 2008, 02:41
Just a question..I hope you don't mind me asking..but would recording those on demand streams be a "violation"?
as with most everything, depends on your local legislation :)

on demand streaming is just that, audio streaming. it's not a download, you cannot directly download the set, so transferring a 1-hour set will take exactly one hour. that's the whole thing about on demand streaming. whatever you do on your side with it is really beyond our control. (which of course doesn't mean you're allowed to do it, see first paragraph :))

Tarek
Nov 4th, 2008, 02:57
But I mean..to you guys,would you consider it an "insult" or something if I downloaded your sets for example for private listening?

I respect ah.fm's wishes..if they don't want me to, then on-demand only it is.

Dan
Nov 4th, 2008, 21:41
But I mean..to you guys,would you consider it an "insult" or something if I downloaded your sets for example for private listening?

I respect ah.fm's wishes..if they don't want me to, then on-demand only it is.

what you do at your time :) is up to you mate

:friends:

Tarek
Nov 5th, 2008, 02:08
I just thought it'd be kinda like illegal downloading. If you guys don't put up the choice, then obviously you don't want people to do it..

SciLog1c
Nov 7th, 2008, 02:42
Didn't read whole topic, heh, it'll be time for me to spam dj's pms like that "plx plox where can I download ur amazing set mate" :lol: Especially Lazarus and Ronny K. :) and other DJ's, that 4 sure :)

Whatever it'll be, I trust Dan and AH family, all will be fine :grinning: :music:
:ah::ah::ah:

ps
sry 4 my english again ppl :hug:

SadYear
Nov 7th, 2008, 11:20
I'll miss the download option for sure. :(

On demand replay will be good, but I love listening to my fav shows while I'm either driving or working on computers not connected to the Internet. Even though I understand why some people will like the change, the disappearing of the torrents is a bad news for me. This was one of the main reasons that made me register onto this site (apart from the friendly community), since I always thought the download option was a real plus for an Internet Radio.

No more burning to discs and sharing with friends. :(

I suppose it wouldn't be possible to offer both services i.e. torrents and on demand replays ? :cry:

Dan
Nov 7th, 2008, 14:01
hello all, I do understand your frustrations in not being able to download the shows, but for AH.FM to grow and be supported by many other sites torrents had to go.

We wanna make the whole experience more better & professional for DJ's and the community.

firefox_muc
Nov 7th, 2008, 19:49
... but for AH.FM to grow and be supported by many other sites torrents had to go...

seems to be irrevocable.

I always miss some shows because they are scheduled while I'm still at work or I'm already sleeping or whatever. On demand listening will be the lesser evil. It is not the same like downloading but still better than having no chance to listen to a particular show. Hopefully on demand replay will be as convenient as torrents are now.

Bye Bye torrents.ah.fm :wavecry:

SciLog1c
Nov 8th, 2008, 04:46
hello all, I do understand your frustrations in not being able to download the shows, but for AH.FM to grow and be supported by many other sites torrents had to go.

We wanna make the whole experience more better & professional for DJ's and the community.

all will be great. Im sure :):grinning:

RichT2008
Nov 8th, 2008, 17:30
Was really disappointed to hear the torrent site will close!
That was how I really got into AH.FM in the first place.

I take it the trackers will go off-line too?

I currently seed about 65GB of shows from here, but if they are closing the site down is there any point in me seeding all this after the end of December?

Will it still be possible to download AH.FM shows from other websites??

Sorry for all the questions, but listening 'live' or listening 'on demand' just aren't viable options for me, with my lifestyle.

I don't spend much time near a PC or anything that gives me access in that way.

My only chance is to download all my favourite stuff when I can at weekends, stick it on my ipod and listen when I can during the week.
Particularly in the car, as I spend a lot of time driving these days.

If it's still possible to get sets in other ways, then all good I guess.

There is no point in other people hosting them if the same sets are then duplicated via torrent I suppose.

Dan
Nov 8th, 2008, 19:17
Was really disappointed to hear the torrent site will close!
That was how I really got into AH.FM in the first place.

I take it the trackers will go off-line too?

I currently seed about 65GB of shows from here, but if they are closing the site down is there any point in me seeding all this after the end of December?

Will it still be possible to download AH.FM shows from other websites??

Sorry for all the questions, but listening 'live' or listening 'on demand' just aren't viable options for me, with my lifestyle.

I don't spend much time near a PC or anything that gives me access in that way.

My only chance is to download all my favourite stuff when I can at weekends, stick it on my ipod and listen when I can during the week.
Particularly in the car, as I spend a lot of time driving these days.

If it's still possible to get sets in other ways, then all good I guess.

There is no point in other people hosting them if the same sets are then duplicated via torrent I suppose.

I understand your frustration in regards to not being able to freely download any show you want. There is nothing we can do to help you in your situation since you dont have time to tune into the shows, but rather just download them.

Im sure other people will make use of the on demand.

Stam Aristo
Nov 9th, 2008, 10:26
Like many others, I will miss the torrents a lot. Is it possible to keep the torrents running with a monthly fee to those who want them?

Dan
Nov 9th, 2008, 13:56
Like many others, I will miss the torrents a lot. Is it possible to keep the torrents running with a monthly fee to those who want them?

Sorry to say but this is not possible, we can't charge to download the shows.
ON Demand will be really easy to use, concent is still being developed.

RichT2008
Nov 9th, 2008, 14:56
I assume there is not enough money 'in the pot' to run both torrents and the on demand service through donations?

Looks like I am going to have to bribe our ICT depatment at work to let me stream AH.FM through their firewall!!!

Dan
Nov 9th, 2008, 15:47
I assume there is not enough money 'in the pot' to run both torrents and the on demand service through donations?

Looks like I am going to have to bribe our ICT depatment at work to let me stream AH.FM through their firewall!!!

just use our firewall friendly links
we have servers running on port 80 and 443 which should be able to stream with firewalls on.

let me know

firefox_muc
Nov 10th, 2008, 17:15
...Im sure other people will make use of the on demand.

To rip the shows in :mask: that way?

RichT2008
Nov 10th, 2008, 20:25
Is it even legal to record radio broadcasts? I do have that facility on my PC.
But to be honest, taking one hour to record a one hour show..........
plus the chances are it will 'drop out' a few times while recording.......
no thanks!

The main thing I will miss about having no torrents is listening in my car.

Would it be possible to keep the AH.FM listeners informed if the Dj's make their shows available on their own (or someone else's) website for DL at a later date?

Examples of Dj's doing this are are Kenneth Thomas, Jon O Bir or even the likes of Hernan Cattaneo etc.

Dan
Nov 11th, 2008, 09:29
But to be honest, taking one hour to record a one hour show..........
plus the chances are it will 'drop out' a few times while recording.......
no thanks!

The main thing I will miss about having no torrents is listening in my car.

Would it be possible to keep the AH.FM listeners informed if the Dj's make their shows available on their own (or someone else's) website for DL at a later date?

Examples of Dj's doing this are are Kenneth Thomas, Jon O Bir or even the likes of Hernan Cattaneo etc.

Most djs have it for download on their personal websites... wont be that bad :)

dfx
Nov 11th, 2008, 10:52

depends on where you live. unfortunately i don't know how it is in the UK. i know it's legal in at least certain parts of the EU for personal use only (and possibly you may even give a very limited number of copies to friends, family etc)

but the same also applies for the torrent downloads of course...

t4e
Nov 11th, 2008, 14:31
To rip the shows in :mask: that way?

just to get one thing straight....links to stream ripped sets won't be allowed in this forums.....

if you suggesting that WE, the staff, keep the listeners informed...that is not a feasible idea, either you check their website or contact them directly if you wish to have their set, sometimes they will even post a download link in the thread :)

SentriX
Nov 11th, 2008, 16:27
why cant you do what the bbc does...they have a streamer and you have the option to download for a certain amount of time. After that time the downloads expire.

SentriX
Nov 11th, 2008, 16:32
just use our firewall friendly links
we have servers running on port 80 and 443 which should be able to stream with firewalls on.

let me know

you do realise your firewall links dont always work? Like in my college for example. Again I don't think its ease of use people are after but more a means to listen. On demand relies on streaming technologies, some (most) establishments dont allow streaming at all reguardless of what port is used.

The Cat Lady
Nov 12th, 2008, 20:24
why cant you do what the bbc does...they have a streamer and you have the option to download for a certain amount of time. After that time the downloads expire.

I think it's awful, terrible, horrible to lose the ability to listen to my favorite sets in my car or while I'm outside mowing the lawn. I love the Torrents site. I was a paying member. If it's worth having, it's worth paying for. AH will lose that cash from me.

I have no use for streaming on demand. It doesn't solve the problem of listening anywhere other than at my computer. I already spend 12+ hours a day at my computer. I HAVE to get out of the house SOMETIME! And I WANT to be able to listen to my wonderful AH sets when I do.

This is the most negative and destructive thing you have ever done. If certain DJs/Producers don't want their stuff on Torrents, no problem, leave them out. Who needs them? But keep those who do! I don't want to have to go to 100 different sites to download sets. I just don't have the time. I have a job, I have a home to take care of, I try to have a life! I loved the convenience of having a centralized location to get my favorite shows. It was easy, it worked perfectly for me, and I PAID for the privilege!

And now you are going to destroy all of that just to make a couple of DJs/Producers happy? You are going to punish the many just to please the spoiled rotten few? How sad. How pathetic. How ... cowardly. I'm very, very disappointed. :cry:

SentriX: Your idea is excellent. That would be perfect. (kiss) :hug: :cat:

90degrees
Nov 12th, 2008, 20:46
you can't look at it from just the listeners PoV, there is a lot of legal stuff involved.
If those producers/labels you would like to do without would hypothetically include armada or anjuna (I know out of experience of Vandit being very anal about their stuff in unpaid unasked for promos) a lot of DJs however biased to this matter would lose a lot of stuff to spin, with that industry recognition and in the end bookings and inclusions in label promoted events/projects.
AH could lose a lot of established DJs that way, maybe even more..

in the end it's still unpaid for, the only receiver of fees for the priviledge to download are the originating artists (NOT the using DJs) and right holding labels.
In effect t's filesharing, just because a DJ promoted a certain track in his mix it doesn't give him any rights to offer it up for ownership, hence the term copyright.
It's a very grey area and I dare to say that every DJ is in violation of those copyrights, if not cleared with the labels or paid up for to some ominous bodies trying to represent DJs to the industry.

You can play it but you can't distribute.

Dan
Nov 12th, 2008, 21:12
you can't look at it from just the listeners PoV, there is a lot of legal stuff involved.
If those producers/labels you would like to do without would hypothetically include armada or anjuna (I know out of experience of Vandit being very anal about their stuff in unpaid unasked for promos) a lot of DJs however biased to this matter would lose a lot of stuff to spin, with that industry recognition and in the end bookings and inclusions in label promoted events/projects.

in the end it's still unpaid for, the only receiver of fees for the priviledge to download are the originating artists (NOT the using DJs) and right holding labels.
In effect t's filesharing, just because a DJ promoted a certain track in his mix it doesn't give him any rights to offer it up for ownership, hence the term copyright.
It's a very grey area and I dare to say that every DJ is in violation of those copyrights, if not cleared with the labels or paid up for to some ominous bodies trying to represent DJs to the industry.

Thank you for this... i was actually in the middle of posting something similar, you made the exact points why AH torrents will be going down. Although AH.FM is Canadian based and there is no rules on torrents or file sharing, were not getting support from a few sites due to us having the torrents. Also a good amount of big names not wanting shows here due to that matter.

I understand it was a nice feature to just download the shows, but honestly please don't think I'm doing this cause i want bad for the station, this will only improve AH image, after all I want the best for AH.

Thank you all

The Cat Lady
Nov 12th, 2008, 23:13

I never said a WORD about distribution. I just want to listen in my car and on my riding lawnmower. That's all. Why is that too much to ask for? :blink: :cat:

RichT2008
Nov 12th, 2008, 23:14
Clearly AH.FM would prefer to keep things as they are, but others are making this very difficult/impossible to do.

It is a shame, but clearly not the station's fault.

The future of this type of music depends on getting the sound out to as many people as possible.
In this modern world, people have a lot of things calling for their attention. The easy access to sets over time only creates further interest etc.

I think it would be better for all (in the long run) if every station had the approach of AH. The popularity of dance music and it's fan base would grow stronger ultimately. Oh, well.....

I think listening on demand is the next best alternative, so good luck with that guys.

I assume there will be a facilty to rate/comment directly on mixes, as this would help some of us who are a bit 'time strapped' to explore other shows we are not familiar with?

The Cat Lady
Nov 12th, 2008, 23:42
Thank you for this... i was actually in the middle of posting something similar, you made the exact points why AH torrents will be going down. Although AH.FM is Canadian based and there is no rules on torrents or file sharing, were not getting support from a few sites due to us having the torrents. Also a good amount of big names not wanting shows here due to that matter.

I understand it was a nice feature to just download the shows, but honestly please don't think I'm doing this cause i want bad for the station, this will only improve AH image, after all I want the best for AH.

Thank you all

But Dan. We don't want AH to be anything at all like DI. Ever. Unilateral action without getting any input from the users is what DI does. That's what we fled from. That is the EXACT thing I was protesting when I was banned for life. Why would you want to be like Ari? It's frightening and disturbing to me. It sets a very bad precedence. It's why Danmark went to so much time and effort to lure DI's users to your station. BECAUSE AH was NOT like DI and you were NOT like Ari. Do you know that he continues to lure them away as much as he can? All of us expatriates are doing that. We want you to succeed and for Ari to fail.

Please, please, I beg of you. Don't be like Ari. He is not a good or decent man. And I believe that you are, but you are going down a bad path taking unilateral action. As far as I can tell, this is the first time you've ever done that. Please, please, don't do it again. Talk to your Users. We are your customers. I'm not saying that you should do whatever we say, that would be anarchy and unfair to you. I'm saying to get our input, to talk to us. To tell us why. Your reason is too vague. What sites are you referring to? Why would you let other sites dictate to you in the first place? Help me to understand. If you don't want to do that publicly, you can email me. Help me to understand. (kiss) :cat:

90degrees
Nov 12th, 2008, 23:43
I never said a WORD about distribution. I just want to listen in my car and on my riding lawnmower. That's all. Why is that too much to ask for? :blink: :cat:
call it whatever you like, it's not through magic or a mountain crystal thru which you receive your sets - which is data, which is distributed via the internet and by clicking that download link you agree to at least the leeching part (I do hope you did at least some seeding too...) which ultimately makes you a link in that free "distribution" chain of copyrighted products.
Contrary to commercial distribution where a lil truck brings fresh bagels into the local seveneleven and you pay for the priviledge to have some for breakfast.
Except for when some bagel lover or upstarting baker has hijacked that truck and chucks the bagels out of the back or leaves flyers with the address where he stores them for everyone to pick up.

Edit:
I'm still with DI (premium) btw, and it's a subject you should better leave alone, for the sake of the people involved and the consequences it had. Let go.
Also both stations are not comparable.
One is a full range provider, the other one has carved out very successfully a niche for itself.
Both deserve respect and both should co-exist in support for each other and foremost to the scene as such. Also I think this is what Dan aims for and getting rid of the torrents is a big step towards the stations credibility.

dfx
Nov 13th, 2008, 00:02
... We want you to succeed and for Ari to fail.
and that is exactly why torrents have to go. i have always been in favor of torrents, but unfortunately it's hampering us in extending our reach. certain people think that downloadable sets are universally a bad thing, and all attempts at trying to convince them of the opposite have failed. and it's not just a single case.

torrents are a nice service to have, that's why it was created. if there had been any choice, we would of course have asked the users what they prefer, torrents and/or on-demand. however, there was no choice. torrents have to go, because otherwise we're losing additional cooperation. to make up for it, we will create the on-demand thing, but of course we're aware it's not a full replacement.

Altered-Mind
Nov 13th, 2008, 00:08
Edit:
I'm still with DI (premium) btw, and it's a subject you should better leave alone, for the sake of the people involved and the consequences it had. Let go.
Also both stations are not comparable.
One is a full range provider, the other one has carved out very successfully a niche for itself.
Both deserve respect and both should co-exist in support for each other and foremost to the scene as such. Also I think this is what Dan aims for and getting rid of the torrents is a big step towards the stations credibility.

well said 90. :beer2:

90degrees
Nov 13th, 2008, 00:13
...certain people think that downloadable sets are universally a bad thing, and all attempts at trying to convince them of the opposite have failed. and it's not just a single case.

torrents are a nice service to have, that's why it was created. if there had been any choice, we would of course have asked the users what they prefer, torrents and/or on-demand. however, there was no choice. torrents have to go, because otherwise we're losing additional cooperation. to make up for it, we will create the on-demand thing, but of course we're aware it's not a full replacement.

I don't quote you because i think it fits me, I'm promoting myself (see sig) over a host with direct downloads, so they're definately not a bad thing nor is my choice of distributing the better one - same effect - and the industry (not just competing sites) are mostly happy with you doing it for promotion (of some tracks, of yourself, of the genre).
but if you are an acclaimed radio station "serving" the community and relying on donations and subscriptions to keep afloat (comparision with price for a track or royalties for airplay to the artist here maybe??) and airing a program with follow up offering for the listener to keep is a bit contra-productive, partly also my view, and yes I do keep the odd copy of a Blockbuster rented movie but i buy all my software. Some are small developers and I'm happy to support the product thru donation or purchase, same as with AH.
It's just the way the system works and unfortunately one has to play ball otherwise some legal departments of labels or artists can have a field day with you.

danmark_ori
Nov 13th, 2008, 00:20
and that is exactly why torrents have to go. i have always been in favor of torrents, but unfortunately it's hampering us in extending our reach. certain people think that downloadable sets are universally a bad thing, and all attempts at trying to convince them of the opposite have failed. and it's not just a single case.

The issue of stopping all torrents activities ( here, at AH.FM ) came new to me today :book: My first emotion was one of slight disappointment. That's the very reason I'm thankful for the information you gave here, dfx. Your attribution explains the reasoning behind the decision :cap:

dfx
Nov 13th, 2008, 00:26
... I love the Torrents site. I was a paying member. If it's worth having, it's worth paying for. AH will lose that cash from me.
just to clear this point up, the torrent site is and has always been completely seperate from the radio part of AH, technically, administratively and also financially. donations to torrents site only went to the torrents site and not to main AH (the radio), and vice versa.