PDA

View Full Version : Member Benefits to Supporting AH.FM!

Pages : [1] 2

in·iq·ui·trance
Jan 8th, 2008, 04:39
Announcing the benefits for members who have donated to AH.FM!

We'd like to recognize the support given to this free, high-quality, non-profit radio by our members, and so we've enabled some extra features on supporters' forum accounts. A radio like this is paid for by the owner and donations from the community, and each donation is greatly appreciated!

So, as our way of saying THANK YOU, we're making supporters' accounts a little more special! :thumbsup:

Supporters have the following abilities:
* Custom Name Under Supporter Banner

* Maximum Stored Private Messages: 200 ( from 100 previously)

* Maximum Lines in Signature: 4

* Can use links in signature

* Can Use Custom Title

* Can Upload Animated Avatar

* Can Upload Images for Signature (300x80)

* Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature

* Custom Avatar Maximum Width/Height (pixels): 100x100

* Can create picture Albums no limit of pictures with a max 10MB Storage (from 5MB previously)

* Can create Social Groups

Not bad, eh? :wow:

By comparison, Regular Users get:
* Custom Avatar Maximum Width/Height (pixels): 60x60

* Maximum Stored Private Messages: 30
Cheers to each one of you who have helped to keep this station free and high-quality. :clap2:

To become a supporter click here http://www.ah.fm/forum/payments.php

jddavid86
Jan 8th, 2008, 18:22
sounds really good:music:

in·iq·ui·trance
Jan 8th, 2008, 18:40
Please note, this means that those features that had previously been on regular accounts (like custom title) are no longer enabled.

danmark_ori
Jan 8th, 2008, 20:02
:clap: I'm glad with the news and the way the features and advantages are put here ! :grinning:

The Cat Lady
Jan 8th, 2008, 20:07
Hey, that's great! I have always believed that supporting members should be privileged characters. Ha! Thank you so very much! I love After Hours! :super:

And again, thanks for giving me a home with welcoming arms. (kiss) :hug: :cat:

Ilektriksky
Jan 8th, 2008, 20:21
awesome! How much of a donation is needed to be a supporter? Not that I would do the minimum but just curious since I am somewhat strapped for cash.

t4e
Jan 8th, 2008, 20:22
i don't see free beer.:(

j/k :)

that's great !!!! :hug:

in·iq·ui·trance
Jan 8th, 2008, 20:58
awesome! How much of a donation is needed to be a supporter? Not that I would do the minimum but just curious since I am somewhat strapped for cash.

It's a voluntary contribution, donate whatever you wish. You can always donate again later if you want to. :grinning:

t4e
Jan 8th, 2008, 21:07

there is no minimum amount but personally i would chose an amount that reflects a little your appreciation for the free service and high quality you receive, after all there are always fees charged by Paypal and CC companies on those type of transactions, having said that I’m sure any amount is appreciated :)

Ilektriksky
Jan 8th, 2008, 21:10
Great! thanks for the info, I was a former supporter of DI and would be happy to redirect my funds to a more 'friendly' place.

-Ilektriksky

Lazarus
Jan 8th, 2008, 21:17
Nice one, think I'll indulge in some of these bonus features :loveah:

Laan
Jan 8th, 2008, 21:48
Yes, Nice. People who donate earn to have more rights.

gotwf
Jan 8th, 2008, 21:51

We'd like to recognize the support given to this free, high-quality, non-profit radio by our members, and so we've enabled some extra features on supporters' forum accounts. A radio like this is paid for by the owner and donations from the community, and each donation is greatly appreciated!

So, as our way of saying THANK YOU, we're making supporters' accounts a little more special! :thumbsup:

* Images in Signatures Allowed
* Maximum Stored Private Messages: 100
* Can Use Custom Title
* Can Upload Profile Pictures
* Can Upload Animated Profile Picture
* Can Upload Images for Signature
* Custom Avatar Maximum Width/Height (pixels) 100x100Not bad, eh? :wow:

* Custom Avatar Maximum Width/Height (pixels) 60x60
* Maximum Stored Private Messages: 30 Cheers to each one of you who have helped to keep this station free and high-quality. :clap2:

Nope. Not bad at all :grinning:

Q: Will there be any reasonable limits set on image/gif size in signatures? Some folks tend to get a little carried away and it can have negative impact on readability of the threads.

The Cat Lady
Jan 8th, 2008, 22:03

Q: Will there be any reasonable limits set on image/gif size in signatures? Some folks tend to get a little carried away and it can have negative impact on readability of the threads.

I'm with you. It's distracting and ... kind of insulting to have something screamed in your face like that, no matter what it is. :P

in·iq·ui·trance
Jan 8th, 2008, 22:06

That's a good point. I think we'll handle it on a case by case basis. I think too the forum users might end up policing it themselves to a certain extent, but we will look at it if necessary.

Edit:
The Upload Signature field lists the following restriction:
"Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 350 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller)."

krisvandrinken
Jan 8th, 2008, 22:22
This is good idea :)

t4e
Jan 8th, 2008, 22:27
i don't see yet an option to upload a Profile picture :)

t4e
Jan 8th, 2008, 22:36
I'm with you. It's distracting and ... kind of insulting to have something screamed in your face like that, no matter what it is. :P

i haven't seen anything bad in the signatures....but, yes some are too big :)

in·iq·ui·trance
Jan 8th, 2008, 22:41
i don't see yet an option to upload a Profile picture :)

Try logging out then back in again. Maybe clear ah.fm cookie as well.

The Cat Lady
Jan 8th, 2008, 22:50
That's a good point. I think we'll handle it on a case by case basis. I think too the forum users might end up policing it themselves to a certain extent, but we will look at it if necessary.

Edit:
The Upload Signature field lists the following restriction:
"Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 350 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller)."

No they won't. I begged a DJ to post a link instead of that huge picture during the EOYC and he wouldn't change it. Got all smart mouthed about it, too. I ignored him at that point and he eventually went away.

The Cat Lady
Jan 8th, 2008, 22:52

I haven't seen anything bad either or else I'd report it. But the huge images are a pain in the backside. :P

t4e
Jan 8th, 2008, 23:18
Try logging out then back in again. Maybe clear ah.fm cookie as well.

all done...still can't see it :)

t4e
Jan 8th, 2008, 23:19
I haven't seen anything bad either or else I'd report it. But the huge images are a pain in the backside. :P

EOYC was a different story, and as of now, images will turn to links when quoted :)

gotwf
Jan 9th, 2008, 01:21
No they won't. I begged a DJ to post a link instead of that huge picture during the EOYC and he wouldn't change it. Got all smart mouthed about it, too. I ignored him at that point and he eventually went away.

Prime example of the type of thing I was referencing. Some folks are all into the marketing, sporting huge banner ad signatures, trying to shove their stuff down your throat.

Larger sized avas, custom titles, things like that that are much less intrusive because they're off to the left and do not interfer with main flow of forum thread content interspersed between each and every post.

btw- not complaining, just making a suggestion based on past experiences as forum administrator.

in·iq·ui·trance
Jan 9th, 2008, 02:20
Prime example of the type of thing I was referencing. Some folks are all into the marketing, sporting huge banner ad signatures, trying to shove their stuff down your throat.

Larger sized avas, custom titles, things like that that are much less intrusive because they're off to the left and do not interfer with main flow of forum thread content interspersed between each and every post.

I agree, I don't like the forum pages to be needlessly long. I'd rather see wider banners than taller ones, and go for either/or: you can have an image, or text, not both.

But if you look at one of Magik's posts, her sig banner is 350x100, making it as large as they will get, and she has a six of lines of text in her sig as well, yet it does not make her posts any larger, because of what's on the left-hand side.

So right now, I think the image size and lines limit is good.

I wouldn't mind getting rid of animated (especially flashing) sig images though. :)

in·iq·ui·trance
Jan 9th, 2008, 02:23
EOYC was a different story, and as of now, images will turn to links when quoted :)

That is some of Dan's brilliance, we talked about what to do about quoted images yesterday, and the consensus was to make all images links because there was no way to prevent image quoting... and not 5 hours later Dan had found/implemented the fix to make quoted images links.

He's fairly productive, that Dan guy.

t4e
Jan 9th, 2008, 02:40
That is some of Dan's brilliance, we talked about what to do about quoted images yesterday, and the consensus was to make all images links because there was no way to prevent image quoting... and not 5 hours later Dan had found/implemented the fix to make quoted images links.

He's fairly productive, that Dan guy.

he is very efficient :)

gotwf
Jan 9th, 2008, 03:12
I agree, I don't like the forum pages to be needlessly long. I'd rather see wider banners than taller ones, and go for either/or: you can have an image, or text, not both.

But if you look at one of Magik's posts, her sig banner is 350x100, making it as large as they will get, and she has a six of lines of text in her sig as well, yet it does not make her posts any larger, because of what's on the left-hand side.

So right now, I think the image size and lines limit is good.

I wouldn't mind getting rid of animated (especially flashing) sig images though. :)

not a big deal since can always just turn off sigs in cp options.

btw- so there is a limit 350x100 afterall :grinning:

djabstraction
Jan 9th, 2008, 14:36

I've seen at least 1 really nasty signature a while back, but I won't name names :P

Fortunately he has changed it now :lol:

xruntime
Jan 9th, 2008, 23:37
jedrek's boobs signature...not that i dont like to see boobs, but when im in a public place, people can see over my shoulder

t4e
Jan 10th, 2008, 03:10
jedrek's boobs signature...not that i dont like to see boobs, but when im in a public place, people can see over my shoulder

there are no boobs in his sig lol

xruntime
Jan 10th, 2008, 03:16
he used to have it

jedrekmx
Jan 10th, 2008, 04:14

Since when do I have boobs? :wow::wow: Thats news to me!

/me fondles own boobs :lol: :LMAO:

/me gets rid of sig

jedrekmx
Jan 10th, 2008, 04:42
there are no boobs in his sig lol

i used to have some....

minc
Jan 11th, 2008, 15:13
i like boobs... that sig was cool!

minc
Jan 11th, 2008, 15:18
hey no more pics allowed in the sig?

http://www.marcininc.com/images/ah-mini-long-bnr.jpg

trancehead82
Jan 12th, 2008, 17:35
awesome idea about the xtra features for supporters:grinning:

Dan
Jan 21st, 2008, 04:47
yeah i think its a great idea..

Minc whoever donates gets those extra features.

cheers

DJ Eunostos
Jan 21st, 2008, 06:57
i dont see the problem with the images in signatures or quotations, the flow of the forums is cool as you load it in a good computer, and my computer is not good at all but the forums loads pretty well even in the most supercharged page full of animated gifts and boobs, super sized fonts etc..

in the other hand is a forum, we cant expect it to flow as a chat room, because "has more things than a chat room" like images, signatures, avatars, colored fonts, size fonts, and quotes, and that is what gives fun to the forums.

also i dont believe my finger will get broken for do a lot of scroll down, the wheel in the middle of the mouse "net scroll" , i like to use it to jump the super images and long signatures, because thats the reason net scroll was invented.

and what you want?, limits or freedom??

:|

and yes is a good idea the extra features for supporters.

thats my opinion.

nasim
Jan 22nd, 2008, 13:24
i like boobs... that sig was cool!

i like "cats"..... cats are cool. :mask:

Dan
Feb 26th, 2008, 02:27
some legend colors were added for online list of users :)

KasieX
Mar 13th, 2008, 18:03
If I make a donation using a Paypal account with a different email address than the one I registered here, are you gone recognize it as coming from me if I use the DONATE button up there? Do my paypal account email must match my email on this forum?

Dan
Mar 13th, 2008, 18:08
If I make a donation using a Paypal account with a different email address than the one I registered here, are you gone recognize it as coming from me if I use the DONATE button up there? Do my paypal account email must match my email on this forum?

the link on button is a subscription which takes out each month from paypal, the link on top is one time donation.

Also yes once you donate you become a supporter, I always email back the donators &ask for their forum name :) if I cant find their email in the forum.

Thank You Kasiex!

tranceman_g
Mar 13th, 2008, 21:35
Hi ppl,

I'm very happy I've donated lately, because I also got another extra I was not aware of :

AH.fm is broadcasting 26hrs/day if you donate ! :mask:

That is great :) !!

Listening all day long until I get a job :music::music::music:

DJ Eunostos
Mar 23rd, 2008, 23:44
sounds great. 4 me.

:music:

we help to keep this place free and high quality. good job all :grinning:

robiejaegs
Mar 26th, 2008, 14:38
Finally,I was able to give my support to afterhours.fm

Thanks for all the good work:grinning:

radoxx
Apr 10th, 2008, 17:15
I don't have a credit card and also i don't want to create a payPal Account.. How can i donate then?

Thx, radoxx

Dan
May 6th, 2008, 20:31
I don't have a credit card and also i don't want to create a payPal Account.. How can i donate then?

Thx, radoxx

hmm good question, get one of your friends do donate :P

Dan
May 6th, 2008, 20:32
New Features added to supporters.

Now you can Create photo albums :)

AD4E
Jun 5th, 2008, 15:43
although long over-due, i've now made a contribution to the Goodness of Trance this web-site perpetuates.
thanks to Dan & all the AH.fm folk who make this wonderful site happen.

ollie
Jun 7th, 2008, 11:29
Finally,I was able to give my support to afterhours.fm

Thanks for all the good work:grinning:

me 2 :mml: :mml: :mml:

:loveah: :loveah: :loveah: :loveah: :loveah:

my new family :love:

piccoli
Jun 7th, 2008, 12:42
me 2 :mml: :mml: :mml:

:loveah: :loveah: :loveah:

my new family :love:

welcome to the club Ollie:mml::mml::hug:

Oldarney
Jun 12th, 2008, 01:20

Thx, radoxx

it took me under 14 minutes to get out a debit card when i was 16, paypal is secure as can be (they handle the great majority of ebay's trancefers).

btw: paypal stores your credit card and banking information in your acount, so its never revealed to anyone.

also, my first online payment was made with one of my friends credit card through paypal.

darzhliebek
Jun 18th, 2008, 22:54
How do I change the text underneath my Name? Cant seem to find that option but I thought donators could do that?

Cheers!

darzhliebek
Jun 18th, 2008, 22:58
been looking for it for days and I find it 5 secs after I post, what a fool! :)

Dan
Jun 19th, 2008, 10:52
thank you people for donations, helps alot :hug:

BenParker
Nov 16th, 2008, 02:24
Donated. :)

-=Med=-
Nov 28th, 2008, 15:03
One of the best things on the internet!

Long may the success of ah.fm continue! :)

BenParker
Nov 28th, 2008, 15:26
One of the best things on the internet!

Long may the success of ah.fm continue! :)

That is for sure. When I first joined I hardly ever listened! :blush: But over the last few weeks I can't stop listening to the station. So many good mixes. :super:

-=Med=-
Nov 28th, 2008, 16:47
Definately, well worth a donation if u ask me :)

I'm just waiting on my banner hehe :ah:

angel
Dec 6th, 2008, 19:21
im late, but donated :)
thanks for this amazing 'family'-feeling :hug:

Dan
Dec 6th, 2008, 23:26
im late, but donated :)
thanks for this amazing 'family'-feeling :hug:

:hug:

thank you for supporting us, really means alot.. without you guys there would be no AH :(

Hallucinogen
Dec 11th, 2008, 20:14

* Maximum Stored Private Messages: 100
* Maximum Lines in Signature: 4

* Can use links in signature

* Can Use Custom Title
* Can Upload Images for Signature (300x80)
* Custom Avatar Maximum Width/Height (pixels): 100x100Not bad, eh? :wow:

* Custom Avatar Maximum Width/Height (pixels): 60x60
* Maximum Stored Private Messages: 30 Cheers to each one of you who have helped to keep this station free and high-quality. :clap2:

Its about time you implement the supporting benefits ! :p

EVERYONE PLz SUPPORT AH.FM, the BEST Trance Radio in the WORLD! HANDZ DOWN ARRR My m8yz!

PLUS, dan needs some lunch moneyz ! ;)

thx!

a'ndY
Dec 12th, 2008, 10:24
PLUS, dan needs some lunch moneyz ! ;)

thx!

I always thought he needs the money to buy gas for his BMW... :mask:

angel
Dec 12th, 2008, 13:43
I always thought he needs the money to buy gas for his BMW... :mask:

:lol:

Tarek
Dec 20th, 2008, 16:53
Hmm I'm having trouble with the avatar business..I've got one thats 180x100 animated..I can't put that right?

Edit: forget it it doesn't really matter anyways :good2:

Dan
Dec 20th, 2008, 23:28
Hmm I'm having trouble with the avatar business..I've got one thats 180x100 animated..I can't put that right?

Edit: forget it it doesn't really matter anyways :good2:

looks like its working?

Tarek
Dec 21st, 2008, 00:28
Nah I just decided to use another one..:P The one I wanted to put was the dancing one that said "You're Awesome!!"

But that doesn't matter..

Thanks a bunch for this great station...Sometimes I wonder what I'd have gone into if I hadn't discovered the trance jackpot here.

lum1neuz
Dec 24th, 2008, 09:03
donated :)
will support much as i can to this great community

Diane
Dec 27th, 2008, 19:15
same here, merry Xmas :)

Edit 1 : and this is my 1000 post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay :)

Edit 2 : For Stork haha, you wanted some hoeren .... here you go :

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_LcyCDlbGZP8/STw_BscRfaI/AAAAAAAAAsU/PORJ-odPAD8/s400/100_2187.JPG

Tomek
Dec 27th, 2008, 19:17

Edit : and this is my 1000 post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay :)
:grinning2::grinning2::grinning2::grinning2::grinning2:

stork
Dec 27th, 2008, 19:28
HOEREN!

:D :D :D

Dan
Dec 27th, 2008, 19:32
thank you all for your donations/support, means alot!

piccoli
Dec 29th, 2008, 00:09

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_LcyCDlbGZP8/STw_BscRfaI/AAAAAAAAAsU/PORJ-odPAD8/s400/100_2187.JPG

i knew it when i call you sexy:ee::grinning2::grinning2::grinning2:

cool pic Diane:hug::hug:

DistantLand
Dec 29th, 2008, 02:08
oh :P

The Cat Lady
Jan 28th, 2009, 03:50

Nice photo. You are prettier than I am. (hugs) :hug::cat:

Sypher
Mar 4th, 2009, 19:36
i'll start donating as soon i got some money. don't have enough to 5 USD yet :(

Junior
Mar 12th, 2009, 02:38
so the subscription is monthly? how much per month? what if we just donate once? will we still have the features?

Junior
Mar 12th, 2009, 02:41
oh :P
do you donate?:P:lol:

t4e
Mar 16th, 2009, 16:02
member benefits updated:

Enjoy!!!! :)

* Can create picture Albums: no limit of pics with a max 10MB Storage ( from 5MB previously)

TeroA
Mar 16th, 2009, 16:21
member benefits updated:

Enjoy!!!! :)

Wasn't even near the previous limit :lolz:

t4e
Mar 16th, 2009, 16:26

yes, it was 100 before :P

robiejaegs
Mar 16th, 2009, 18:18
Does buying t-shirts and other stuff from the AH store count as donations for member benefits??

The Cat Lady
Mar 16th, 2009, 18:54

I was always having to delete messages. I was always near or at the limit. I'm THRILLED to have this new feature. Wootness! :super::bravo::cat:

Does buying t-shirts and other stuff from the AH store count as donations for member benefits??

No. I rather doubt it. The store isn't even actually AH. Look at the URL. I think that Dan only gets a little bitty cut from those sales. Donations, he gets all of except for PayPal's cut for providing the service. Which I think is 10%. But don't quote me on that. (kiss) :mask::cat:

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm kind of looking forward to the Great Supporter Shake Out on April 1st. It will be very interesting to see who remains. I know of two for sure, me and my love, the Polar Bear. And we are both unemployed and dead flat broke! Do we love AH. Oh yes, we sure do. Absolutely, we most certainly do. :loveah::ah::love::music::cat:

robiejaegs
Mar 16th, 2009, 19:06
Hi TCL:hug:

I see,I figured as much,no matter,guess I have to charge up the ole fake credit card:wink:

Hope you two find some employment:friends:

The Cat Lady
Mar 16th, 2009, 19:10
Hi TCL:hug:

I see,I figured as much,no matter,guess I have to charge up the ole fake credit card:wink:

Hope you two find some employment:friends:

Dan will love you for it. :grinning:

Thank you, baby. I appreciate that. I really do. You are a good friend, Robie dear. (kiss, kiss) :hug::friends::cat:

in·iq·ui·trance
Jun 10th, 2009, 17:21
Another perk that we're adding for supporters:

Daily emails with set download links

This is a convenience for supporters. We post download links in each thread for the set two days after the set aired. All listeners can go into each thread manually and find the link. Supporters will have the full set links delivered to their mailbox each day!

Notes: The links in the email are still for the sets two days prior. Emails will be sent to Paypal email address. Unsubscribe link is provided at bottom of the email.

existent
Jun 11th, 2009, 18:46

Daily emails with set download linksThis is a convenience for supporters. We post download links in each thread for the set two days after the set aired. All listeners can go into each thread manually and find the link. Supporters will have the full set links delivered to their mailbox each day!

Notes: The links in the email are still for the sets two days prior. Emails will be sent to Paypal email address. Unsubscribe link is provided at bottom of the email.

I just saw the email :hug: I think it's brilliant :loveah: I sometimes forget to download some of the shows so this will make things easier!!!

Thanks to AH Staff :dance:

Dan
Jun 11th, 2009, 19:42
I just saw the email :hug: I think it's brilliant :loveah: I sometimes forget to download some of the shows so this will make things easier!!!

Thanks to AH Staff :dance:

:thankyou: for your support !

SentriX
Jun 12th, 2009, 01:52
I had this months ago :P I have links of pretty much every set since march 11th but still a pleasure to support.

lethalleigh
Jun 12th, 2009, 06:22
ive just realised i have been knocked back as supporter, which i understand, another donation coming very soon! Gotta keep the Aussie spirit alive! \0

The Cat Lady
Jun 12th, 2009, 15:58
I had this months ago :P I have links of pretty much every set since march 11th but still a pleasure to support.

And I still love what you did. It works fantastic. (kiss) :grinning::love::cat:

:thankyou: for your support !

Wonderful convenience! I love it! (kiss) :super::hug::hug::cat:

SentriX
Jun 12th, 2009, 17:06
And I still love what you did. It works fantastic. (kiss) :grinning::love::cat:

Of course it is :P I made it :mask: :hug:

danmark_ori
Jun 14th, 2009, 04:24

This is a convenience for supporters. We post download links in each thread for the set two days after the set aired. All listeners can go into each thread manually and find the link. Supporters will have the full set links delivered to their mailbox each day!

:grinning: verruh nice ! Was wondering already what was happening :dontknow: ( :book: reading the mails + URL's ) :super: till I found this thread

:loveah: :thankyou: :clap2: :ah:

Flenk
Jun 14th, 2009, 14:21

Just discovered this too...:) Quite nice, although the sets I want, are mostly ripped and downloadable earlier than the 48 hours:lol:

Laan
Jun 14th, 2009, 18:31
Just discovered this too...:) Quite nice, although the sets I want, are mostly ripped and downloadable earlier than the 48 hours:lol:

Yes,

Most Supporters are okay with waiting, but of course there also are people like you! :lol:

We created this extra for supporters so they don't have to visit every single thread in the livesets forum, also they don't have to search the net for ripped versions now.

TeroA
Jun 15th, 2009, 10:45
I think this new supporter perk is the best :super:

:thankyou::loveah::ah:

BenParker
Jun 15th, 2009, 12:17
Yes,

Most Supporters are okay with waiting, but of course there also are people like you! :lol:

We created this extra for supporters so they don't have to visit every single thread in the livesets forum, also they don't have to search the net for ripped versions now.

Yeah, I can wait 48 hours for sets. :) Really nice new perk addition! :bravo:

Dan
Jun 27th, 2009, 21:04
I think this new supporter perk is the best :super:

:thankyou::loveah::ah:

yah its nice :P thank you all for your support. :super::choon:

Wailo
Jan 8th, 2010, 09:01
I would like to suggest increasing the private mailbox capacity, if rescources permit :)