PDA

View Full Version : 01-03-08 - 14-03-08 March DJ Contest

dfx
Mar 1st, 2008, 20:43
March DJ Contest

New month, new contest, new luck!

Please read the guidelines carefully at http://forum.ah.fm/contests-ah-fm/8571-dj-competition-guidelines.html

Submissions will be taken from March 1st to March 14th, send your complete entries with all requirements as stated in the guidelines to contest@afterhours.fm !

The winning set will be played on April 2nd at 15:00 CET!

Good luck!

albertus
Mar 3rd, 2008, 01:12
so this is an ordinary "hardware-only" competition like December and January, not like February? all rules against software back in place? is there a limitation to the number of submissions again?

dfx
Mar 3rd, 2008, 01:50
no software sets this month. also no official limitation on number of sets, but if it looks like we're gonna get swamped by submissions, we'd still might have to close submissions early, so the sooner you submit, the better. (about 10 sets per month seems to be pretty much the limit for most staffers time-wise...)

Dan
Mar 3rd, 2008, 17:30
yay send your sets in :)

eLement
Mar 4th, 2008, 04:10
no software sets this month. also no official limitation on number of sets, but if it looks like we're gonna get swamped by submissions, we'd still might have to close submissions early, so the sooner you submit, the better. (about 10 sets per month seems to be pretty much the limit for most staffers time-wise...)

Aw, depressing. I was going to submit a set because my 18th birthday is this month, but....no software. Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky for my nineteenth.

:cry:

Cheers!

Goodluck to all who submit!

DjShy
Mar 6th, 2008, 18:05
Mmmm I can try to leave the set! :D

BassT4ken
Mar 7th, 2008, 20:36
Aw, depressing. I was going to submit a set because my 18th birthday is this month, but....no software. Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky for my nineteenth.

:cry:

Cheers!

Goodluck to all who submit!

Same for me ^^ Birthday this month too ;) 24th march

willwatson
Mar 10th, 2008, 22:37
Good luck to everyone that enters... I can't enter this month because I won last month and now have my own show :)

May the best DJ... erm, win! lol.

dfx
Mar 11th, 2008, 22:49
few more days to go, lets keep em coming! :)

albertus
Mar 14th, 2008, 01:32
After all, I'm in now, too (waiting for confirmation e-mail, actually). May the best contestant win!

eLement
Mar 14th, 2008, 06:13
Same for me ^^ Birthday this month too ;) 24th march

Mine is this Sunday, the 16th. I suppose I won't complain, I just got my license. I'm pretty stoked, lol.

DjShy
Mar 14th, 2008, 18:45
:super: Anyway, Trance will be the only Winner, no matter who's gonna win ! :music:

dfx
Mar 15th, 2008, 15:24
all sets in, cheers everybody and good luck in the voting!

DjShy
Mar 16th, 2008, 14:18
:super: all right!!!

albertus
Mar 16th, 2008, 19:29
Great!

And by the way: Happy birthday to eLement!

DjShy
Mar 19th, 2008, 19:57
:super: how are going the selections/votations of sets?

dfx
Mar 21st, 2008, 03:55
:super: how are going the selections/votations of sets?

working on it :) takes some time to carefully listen thru all of them :)

albertus
Mar 28th, 2008, 14:47
Few more days till we can hear the next winning set. Last month's set was really great, so I'm really looking forward to Wednesday!

willwatson
Mar 28th, 2008, 20:13
Few more days till we can hear the next winning set. Last month's set was really great, so I'm really looking forward to Wednesday!

Aww cheers :)

dfx
Mar 31st, 2008, 18:48
working on announcing the winner right now... it's first time we got a tie for the first place, so hold on a bit :)

dfx
Mar 31st, 2008, 18:59
Ladies and gentlemen, the jury has finished with their voting and we got a result!

Again, a big THANK YOU to all participants, it's been a real pleasure! :) This month we even got a tie for first place (and a 3-way tie for second place, wow!), so we had to do a re-evaluation to find out the winner... Nevertheless, we got a result!

And the winner is:
a'ndY

Congratulations!

Your set will be played April 2nd (Wednesday) at 15:00 CET (calendar event link (http://forum.ah.fm/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=586&c=1))! Good job mate!

Everyone remember that there is a new contest in April, we are taking submissions from April 1st to 14th, therefore we are open for submissions again! Let's keep the sets coming!

albertus
Mar 31st, 2008, 19:41
Seems like there's much talent around here as you tell about those ties :) Less than 48 hours left, I can't wait!

a'ndY
Mar 31st, 2008, 20:20
Woo, great, very happy about that :super:

Feel sorry for the one who got second though, especially as it was that close :(

DjShy
Apr 1st, 2008, 00:02
:grinning: congratz Andy!!!!!

a'ndY
Apr 1st, 2008, 00:32
Thank you :)

Jellyfish
Apr 1st, 2008, 02:05
Woo, great, very happy about that :super:

Feel sorry for the one who got second though, especially as it was that close :(

congratss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug::hug::hug:

willwatson
Apr 1st, 2008, 03:21
congrats andy. welcome to the winners club ;)

i recon we should have a badge on ah lol.

a'ndY
Apr 1st, 2008, 13:47
Thanks @ Jellyfish and willwatson :)

Haha, yeah a badge is a great idea :)

Shira-Ko
Apr 1st, 2008, 15:42
congrats andy. welcome to the winners club ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: yes ...

really congrats :) and good luck

cheers

dfx
Apr 2nd, 2008, 17:02
ok guys, this is what some of our staffers had to say bout the submitted sets:

1. nice, good transitions
2. nice prog, not so good transitions
3. nice selection, decent transitionss
4. banging set, good transitions
5. decent kinda cheesy, good transitions
6. nice classics.. trance ftw, decent transitions!
7. nice set, transitions kinda messy.

Set 01:
Some volume/balance issues with a couple tracks. All but a couple were vocal tracks, most of the horrible variety.

Set 02:
Fairly low key/energy, mixing seemed to be minimal "fullness". Generally less filling.

Set 03:
Had some good energy tracks, mostly melodic throughout, but somehow nothing special.

Set 04:
Fairly mediocre, not particularly memorable. Unlikely to get a replay in my playlist.

Set 05:
Did Markus submit a set for this contest? This felt like him throughout. Good track selection - lots of vocals, but they contributed to a deep, chill mood. A good set.

Set 06:
Had some big sound tracks in it. An interesting selection, seems to like tracks with some unusual sounds. Over the Rainbow was a dramatic and horrible end.

Set 07:
Not spectacular, but solid. Welcome lack of vocals, some good bouncy tracks. Had the only driving club track (Platinum I think) in the whole contest.

if you participated and want to know which number you had, send me a PM :)