Your EDM Weakness

eLement

Registered
Reaction score
I don't mean the weaknesses of EDM. I mean your weakness. And I'm not talking about a genre.

What element of EDM music gives you goosebumps, and makes you scream, "I want that track!!"

These, for me, apply inside of the trance genre.

This biggest, for me, is when a track breaks down into something of a classical symphonic orchestra sound. Like in the tracks: Carl B Presents Khensu - Chasing Leaves [Original Mix] and First State - Evergreen [Original Mix]. I'm not a fan of classical music, but something about a trance track breaking down into a classical sounding piece, to me, is amazing!

Second for me, has to be uplifts. When the track slows, and then it begins to uplift. And that single beat hits, that makes the track explode. Makes you feel like you're being lifted upto heaven right where you stand.

Third, when it breaks down into a classical piece, then uplifts back into trance. Amazing!

Sorry guys, couldn't pick one!

So what are your picks?

-eLement

EDM is my weakness, so many different styles i like. but, like you eLement, the breakdowns that send you to heaven are a big YES, and also for me a sweet lyric such as "sky falls down" as an example makes me weak

it would have to be that grungey deep electronic bass that comes from electro house with that videogamey feel to it found in tracks like Donald Glaude, DJ Dan - Stick Em or Wolfgang Gartner - Back To Front

lol, my weakness has to be when the uplifiting tune is ending with a nice filter, or when a BIG scene is going to happen but ends up as a nice kick and bass such as the track -Thrill (Reflecting Diversity Mix)

used to be normal trance, now its Goa (at least in EDM, I listen to classical as well)

deep, strong and intelligent trance:

Substate - Horizon
Substate - The Following
Aled Mann - Cause & Effect
Activa - Genetic
Activa - Flashpoint
MK-S - Tempest
MK-S - The Last Planet

and so on...

Extremely rare thing nowadays.
Saw only a single track this year which fit the criteria:
Mekk - Resistance (Activa vs Mekk Mix)

if you heard know something similarly [keywords:] strong and intelligent, please, let me know.

''This biggest, for me, is when a track breaks down into something of a classical symphonic orchestra sound. Like in the tracks: Carl B Presents Khensu - Chasing Leaves [Original Mix] and First State - Evergreen [Original Mix]. I'm not a fan of classical music, but something about a trance track breaking down into a classical sounding piece, to me, is amazing!

Second for me, has to be uplifts. When the track slows, and then it begins to uplift. And that single beat hits, that makes the track explode. Makes you feel like you're being lifted upto heaven right where you stand.

Third, when it breaks down into a classical piece, then uplifts back into trance. Amazing!''
I agree with you on that:p :)

its easy....intelligent EDM !!!!!!!!!

i really like short, spoken vocals, as i mention in the " what should trance lyrics be about thread "

depends on my mood that day, but generally:

long melodic breakdowns or orchestral ones like you said are my favorite.

also, tech trance like SvD - apple or even darker tech..

or sometimes some lovely vocals is enough to give me the shivers :grinning:

Back