Tapco S5's

Status
Not open for further replies.

djabstraction

Registered
Reaction score
Well I've been after a set of these for a couple of years now and finally decided to get a set...

[myspace]31903050[/myspace]

Unfortunately as they don't have volume controls on them I had to get a tiny Tapco mixer too called a Mix 50, it's pretty handy though as it gives me some extra connectivity.

I whole heartedly recommend them to anyone looking to upgrade their speakers to something a little meatier. You have to bed them in gently for 24 hours first though, before you can pump some volume through them and breaking them :lol:

I don't have them as loud as the Edirol MA-20D's i had and they sound so much clearer, so it's not all about bass bass bass :music:

:super::super:

Last edited:
they look great mate, and im sure they fill your room/studio with plenty of sound, what they rated at out of curiosity???

im guessing then you had to buy the "mix 50" for when you dont want them hooked up to your mixer?

they look great mate, and im sure they fill your room/studio with plenty of sound, what they rated at out of curiosity???

im guessing then you had to buy the "mix 50" for when you dont want them hooked up to your mixer?

For sure! they can certainly kick out the volume but I've pushed them nowhere near their limit. They are 60w each, they have a separate amplifier in each speaker.

You're right about the "mix 50" too, if I didn't have that little thing, logging onto my PC in the morning would cause no end of grief with the neighbours! Especially if someone sends me a nudge on MSN :lol:

Oh yeah!

"Lethal Injection 01 Due around 15 April"

You releasing your mix today?? :)

Oh yeah!

"Lethal Injection 01 Due around 15 April"

You releasing your mix today?? :)

yeah its a touch overdue, and also undergoing a name change!

Small complication with recording is the issue! I wanted to record it with my Motu Ultralite, but i couldnt install the software for it. My desktop has been due for a reformat for a while, just a little buggy here and there, and im not looking forward to the backup and reformat i can tell you that, so ill be torrenting heavily before it, hint hint!

So until i get my external hd, which isnt far away at all, to back up etc, ive connected up my Creative Audigy 2 external box to record with that!

As for your tapco's, yeah i can imagine you having to call a glazier if you didnt have the mix 50, nice little unit though, and as you say connectivity a bonus!

yeah its a touch overdue, and also undergoing a name change!

Small complication with recording is the issue! I wanted to record it with my Motu Ultralite, but i couldnt install the software for it. My desktop has been due for a reformat for a while, just a little buggy here and there, and im not looking forward to the backup and reformat i can tell you that, so ill be torrenting heavily before it, hint hint!

So until i get my external hd, which isnt far away at all, to back up etc, ive connected up my Creative Audigy 2 external box to record with that!

As for your tapco's, yeah i can imagine you having to call a glazier if you didnt have the mix 50, nice little unit though, and as you say connectivity a bonus!

Awww man! PC's really suck at times, I too keep having recording issues due to something the computer has done somewhere along the lines, even with mixing from a set of decks, it's a complete joke tbh and the sooner I can remove the computer from the equation the better really.

Man that Moto Ultralite looks a bit on the cool side, I bet the sound quality out of that little baby is superb huh? :music: haha, torrenting for lost CDs though of course huh? :lol: I look forward to hearing your set when you've got it laid down mate! :super:

Right, work tiem! :mask:

yes they do suck at times, but i dont get impatient with it for some reason haha

yeah the ultralight is pretty cool, so yeah i wanna get this format done asap as i said, digital camera is on the way soon so ill take some good shots of the studio ive set up here!

as for the torrenting, i was meaning ill download a whole lot that i can burn and listen while i do the whole backup and format etc!

take care mate its not far away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back