Is it just me........?

Neil Bamford

Registered
Reaction score
is it just me or is there stupidly loads of uplifting trance at the moment?!

arguably upto 2 years ago it was prog and tech, but now its being banged out left right and centre. no better time then now to break through i think!!

share the beauty! ;o)

Youre right. However its not quite there yet. having tracks in the charts such as Anthem (Yes I know but it is trance...) is a huge tip to get your arses into gear or be left with the aftermath of the trance wave like i was last time. (2004)

Hopefully I'm right in there this time and things are looking promising. we shall see huh? The only probs with this, is of course trying to get tunes out and about and to shine over every other tune out there.

You get people like Sean Tyas and Paul Miller who make ok tunes but they all sound the same, and with them throwing out tunes so frequently and labels knowing that they will sell makes it harder for new guys to get through even though their tracks are produced technically alot better (Akira Kayosa for example) than Tyas', Miller's and even Aly&Fila's cheap sound.

this is why we started Resonate.

Last edited:
Uplifting trance had been enjoying a quality revival for the past few years mate, gradually building up to the situation we have now where every time I do my shopping I'm spoilt for choice and reminded that I don't earn enough! :lol:

Finally the tide has turned, I've been waiting so long! :music:

i just feel like people are really missing out, u know. it'll stay in for years as people will realise how positive the scene is. very much so looking forward to it! :eek:)

yay uplifting is my favorite gendre, hopefully the "old" days will come back soon, really miss those :p

You get people like Sean Tyas and Paul Miller who make ok tunes but they all sound the same, and with them throwing out tunes so frequently...

I think that, when ID'ing a Tyas tune, you should have a drop down menu so you can just select the one you think it sounds like most :lol:

yay uplifting is my favorite gendre, hopefully the "old" days will come back soon, really miss those :p

Ditto :grinning:

:music:

yeah lots of releases, but hardly any really good ones it seems o_O
after listening thru half of the past weeks releases, i end up with only 3 tunes that stick out and are worth playing. must be one of worst months lately...

One thing I've noticed is that mainstream hip-hop (I live in New Zealand, so there's hardly ever trance played on the radio or on any TV music channels) has started to become more trance-orriented. I'm starting to think that in a few years the music that we consider non-mainstream will become bigger than hip-hop, once people realise that there's loads more tallented singers in our style of music.

The Answer to Dan is...Psy, Goa, Hardtrance, Indi Trance, and good old acid Trance :p

i think sticking to uplifting trance and progressive is the best way for this site. going into psy, hardstyle and other types draws it away from trance. then youll be gettin into hard dance and hard house :eek:( trance should be kept as it is. its very valuable to me!!!

i think sticking to uplifting trance and progressive is the best way for this site. going into psy, hardstyle and other types draws it away from trance. then youll be gettin into hard dance and hard house :eek:( trance should be kept as it is. its very valuable to me!!!

:iagree:

I don´t like when people start the speech that uplifting is losing space,"dying"...there are MANY DJs and producers that still sticks to good and beautiful uplifting, like Manuel Le Saux, Med, Neil (above), Laz, DFX, Aly & Fila, Tragida, Anguilla Project, Adam Nickey, etc,etc,etc...

What´s happening is that prog and tech, that before were not so famous styles, are now growing fast...but uplifting will never disappear...trance was born of it, no way to let go its own soul...

PS: Loved Doh´s comment about Tyas tracks...:LMAO:..it´s sooo true...:lol:

I'm still proud to say that i'll keep on playing progressive.. i don't really agree with people who say uplifting became better in the last years.. i've been feeling it totally different..
when i came on AH.FM i still did full on uplifting sets, but damn.. in those 2 years i totally lost all feeling in uplifting.. those great special melodies from before are gone, and there are very few uplifting tracks that can still fullfill that.. i'm sad because of that actually.. During these days (anniversary) i heard lots of trance that bores me actually.. but there were also dj's who played massive uplifting sets.. so it's still all possible..
I'm kinda sad that i'm one of the few people in here who stick to progressive over here, but i will continue my crusade and i'll try to keep it vivid :) AH.FM is the best in trance & progressive.. so i guess i gotta keep it alive

Even tho it's sad.. trust me, if i'd find a bunch of uplifters that still interest me, like uplifting did interest me 2 years ago, i would still be playing lots of uplifting in my sets..

I know there are lots of people on this radio who recently (in the last 2 years) joined the uplifting trance scene and think that it's the best ever.. but i'm afraid i'm going to disagree on that, I'm glad for those people that they like the nowadays trance a lot, but considering the fact that nowadays trance in general stands 10 steps lower on the stairs than it did lets say 5 years ago, i'm gonna have to say no to uplifting the way it is now.

I still listen to trance btw, don't try to say i'm a trancehater, everyone who knows me, knows that too. It's the reason why my sets still are full of melodies :)

Last edited:
ooh yeey..."sugar rush trance"..no thanks, not all the time.:) :lol: there's way much better music out there to get stuck on the uplifting trance only.

Last edited:
Everything has its limits

Uplifting Trance is great and all....but if i listen to waaaaay too much of it..i get bored of it fast..The sub genres of Trance like techno trance, psytrance, hardtrance, progressive, along with many other EDM genres have really gotten better as of lately (especially tech, hard-trance, & psytrance). :music:

It never hurts to listen to something different. :cat:

In short...."Variety is the spice of life." :book:

Last edited:
I love uplifting trance and I really agree it's on the way back I think. I don't really listen to much progressive or other types of Trance, simply because i'm not a huge fan of it. I think it's really coming back, mostly because there are several labels that really make good output of music nowadays; Perceptive being one of my favourites. I mean, I really think stuff like Akesson, Andy Blueman, Daniel Kandi etc. is uplifting, and it just reflects what uplifting has become now if you ask me. It's going back a bit to the oldie style sound if you like, which is goooooooood. :)

And Neil, I love One. ;) Was great to try remixing it!

Back