Ableton Warping Tutorial Video

eLement

Registered
Reaction score
Alot of people want to Learn Ableton, but have no idea where to get started.

I probably should have started with a basic tutorial, but I decided to do a video on warping.

The first minute or two has no audio, afterwards there is commentary. Anyone who does use Ableton, and knows how to use it, please watch this as well and PM me some feedback. I'd like to have the best video available.

This video requires Flash 9 -- If too many people don't have 9 I can downgrade the video, but it lags sometimes.

Here is the video, please give me your feeback via PM or in this thread.

Ableton Warping Tutorial

Thanks,
Tim

nicely done, well suited for beginners.

personally i prefer doing warping by aligning the 1.1 beat and then one of the last beats in the track, somewhere in the outro. in a good digital release, this should be enough to align all of the other beats correctly. this only works if ableton has done the warping right at least roughly though. but of course, double checking is always a must, which i personally do by just listening to it. (when it comes to audio, your ears will always be more useful than your eyes :) )

it should be noted that altering the alignment of a certain beat will also always change the alignment of all the other beats, which can be the cause for a lot of frustration with bad mp3s, such as vinyl rips. in order to fix the alignment of a beat to a certain position, independent of the rest of the warping, you have to set warp markers - they're highlighted in yellow and can be set by double clicking a beat marker. this way, even wobbly recordings of tracks can be warped perfectly, even if it means a lot of manual work.

Last edited:
Yeah, I wanted it for beginners. There are advanced topics, maybe I can get into in the future. But I don't want to overload people.

good stuff mate :grinning:
i tinkered with Ableton for quite some time now but never done any sets with it.
i watched some stuff on Live's site and the tube too but it's never bad to have more than one point of view, especially one I could PM if need be.

re: PP donation - would you like £1 for every "now" you have used? j/k :)

good stuff mate :grinning:
i tinkered with Ableton for quite some time now but never done any sets with it.
i watched some stuff on Live's site and the tube too but it's never bad to have more than one point of view, especially one I could PM if need be.

re: PP donation - would you like £1 for every "now" you have used? j/k :)

That would put some gas in my car for sure!!

Back