Thread: festival summer

Cool festival summer

this list is by no means complete, feel free to add your festival dates as well
    on multidays festivals check the individual days for the line up

Home | Gatecrasher Events
    20 years of Acid house
    24th / 25th May
    Turweston Aerodrome / Brackley / Northamptonshire

Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, PvD, Paul Oakenfold, Armand van Helden, digitalism, Justice, Pendulum, 808state (wow!!), Luciano, Dave Clarke, Audio Bullys, Adam Freeland, Mark Ronson and more

posters comment:
    where it all began - and how it evolved
    mixed feelings on this one, not sure if I want to see all of them today, Oakie got fat and lost his roots (prefers games and Hollywood now) and I lost track of AvH's work (my oh my) but the Chems, Prodigy and 808state are real live promises and sure to rock...

31st May
    Lotherton Hall / Leeds
    Shy FX, London Electricity, Logistics, Danny Byrd, X-Press 2, Andrew Weatherall, Unabombers, Erol Alkan, Steve Lawler, Ame, Justus Kohnke, Brodinski and more

posters comment:
    big line-up for little money, good dnb/jungle and some techno mnml acts.

Rockness 2008 - Home
    7th / 8th June
    now where in Scotland would that be??

Fatboy Slim, 2manyDJs, Digitalism, Mylo, Cuban Brothers, Underworld, Layo & Bushwacka, The Orb, Roisin Murphy, Pendulum, Simian Mobile Disco, Rob da Bank, Hadouken and more

posters comment:
    The Orb, L & B and of course the beautiful Roisin Murphy of Moloko fame would make me wanna go to this one but the rest is nu rave and brit stuff which doesn't really interest me. and actually the one's I want to see will show up elsewhere too this summer

Escape To The Park

Escape Into The Park 2008
    14th June
    Singleton Park / Swansea

Underworld, Ferry Corsten, Eddie Halliwell, SvD, Fedde LeGrand, Lisa Lashes, Dave Pearce, Sean Tyas (who??j/k), Marcel Woods, Mark Eteson, Alex Kidd, Sandy Riviera, Joey Negro, Andy C, High Contrast, Fabio and more

posters comment:
    the sleeper cell, heavy dose of what I want...I keep my cards closed on this one.
    free ticket if you can guess the intro track on their website.......not - unfortunately.
    but the piece has become history, so full of memories

Glastonbury Festivals -
    27th / 28th / 29th June
    Glastonbury / Somerset

thought there was none this year??

posters comment:
    some acts on the Glade, G stage, West stage in the dance Village but otherwise...check for yourselves

0 wireless Festival '08
    O2 Wireless Festival 2008::Home
    3rd - 6th July
    Hyde Park London

Fatboy Slim, Underworld, Bootsy Collins, Robyn, MSTRKRFT, Beck(!!!), Booka Shade some guy called Jay-Z and many more

posters comment:
    their so far announced line-up is big but kinda weaker for me than last years (which took place in Leeds and London), too many days and what they have on acts that interest me are too far spread.

Wild In The Country

Wild In The Country :: Home
    5th July
    Knebworth Park / Stevenage

Pendulum, Booka Shade, Cuban Bros, Sasha, Danny Tenaglia, Richie Hawtin, M.A.N.D.Y., James Zabiela, Dave Seaman, Bjork, Magda, Ame, Audiofly, Carl Craig and more.

posters comment:
    festival crammed weekend but I know which one it would be for me.
    this one has written techno and mnml written all over it.
    Carl Craig is worth the money alone but to see all ze Germans too (native or migrated like Hawtin) is the icing

Zoo Thousand Music Festival
    5th - 7th July
    Port Lympne Wild Animal Park / Kent

Mark Ronson, Dizzie Rascal, Lethal Bizzle, Goldie, Pendulum, MSTRKRFT. Freemasons, Bodyrok, Andy C, Fabio, Stanton Warriors, Roni Size, Bloc Party and many more

posters comment:
    heavy on dnb, grime and nu rave, not too bad but i made my pick for the day(s)...and I fear da monkeys and lions...

Global Gathering
    25th / 26th July
    Long Marston Airfield / Stratford-upon-Avon
    -earlybird tickets sold out already-

AvB, SvD, Moby, Sean Tyas, Tiesto, Markus Schulz, Ferry Corsten, Above & Beyond, Mark Ronson, Sven Vaeth, Sander Kleinenberg, dubfire, Loco Dice, Mark Knight, Adam Beyer, ATB, Tom Novy, John Dahlback, Ame, Alex Kidd, Oliver Moldan, Guy Boratto, Utah Saints, Omid 16B (love him!), Etienne de Crecy (love him too - rare performance), Axwell, some dead r0dent, Digweed, Zabiela, Sanchez and SO many more

posters comment:
    speechless - as good as 07 prolly better if that's possible at all.
    looks like some life changing experience again and something that can live up to it's name

-- South West Four 08 -
    23rd August
    Clapham Common / London

AvB, SvD, Markus Schulz, Carl Cox, Sven Vaeth, John Digweed, Layo & Bushwacka, Tiefschwarz, Danny Tenaglia and more still tbc

posters comment:
    last year was sublime (also in Cardiff), this year will prolly be same if not better - thanks for swapping PvD with Markus btw.

Creamfields '08

Creamfields Offical Site
    10th anniversary
    23rd / 24th August
    Daresbury-Halton / Cheshire

PvD, Tiesto, Sasha, Eric Morillo, Ferry Corsten, dubfire, Pete Tong, Eddie Halliwell, Hernan Cattaneo, James Zabiela, John Digweed, Luciano, SvD, Sebastian Ingrosso, Claude von Stroke, Steve Angnello, Adam Beyer, Danny Howells, Fatboy Slim, Pendulum, Underworld, Dave Spoon, Alex Kidd, Tocadisco, High Contrast, BK, Dirty South and many more

posters comment:
    what a line up, truly worthy to celebrate the anniversary of this institution, all sorts of EDM are catered for, DnB heavy weights as well as some Trance but the main focus here is prolly on electro, prog and some nu rave.

Last edited by 90degrees; May 8th, 2008 at 12:41. Reason: typos of course...

Global Gathering here I come Armin be ready for me

And big thank to 90 for this traditional festival list
    Last edited by trace of trance; May 8th, 2008 at 14:32.
    Immoral Monkeys - Portobello (Adam Nickey remix)
    Adam Nickey - Shift
    Sunlounger feat. Zara - Lost

Dancing is a vertical expression of a horizontal desire

global gathering is a definate! 5th time for me, woo!!!!

all about deadmau5, ferry corsten, moby and of course; TIESTO!!!!!!
    Tune of the moment: Solarstone - Seven Cities (Pure Mix)

Thread Information