Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The History Of Afterhours.Fm?

Question The History Of Afterhours.Fm?

Hey Dan, what's the **story** behind AH, and I mean the REAL story?

Who's idea was it? Did you do this alone? How long were you thinking about starting AH? I think that we all need to hear the story

Thanks,

Abominus
    Last edited by Abominus; May 9th, 2008 at 01:21.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Afterhours.Fm's Night Shift Manager

AH.FM Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Abominus View Post
    Hey Dan, what's the story behind AH, and I mean the REAL story?

Who's idea was it? Did you do this alone? How long were you thinking about starting AH? I think that we all need to hear the story

Thanks,

Abominus
    +10000000000000... I wouldn't mind hearing the history of AH

You mean, the idea/ story behind ah.fm, not history History is what ah.fm all has been trough..

It could be interesting to create a ''history of AH.FM'' thread I think and yes I'm also interested in what was going on in dan his mind before AH was created Idea/story

Quote Originally Posted by Laan View Post
    You mean, the idea/ story behind ah.fm, not history History is what ah.fm all has been trough..
    Yea. That's what I meant

I knew this would come up; the history is kind of huge but ill try

During my college years 1998-2001 I used to listen to Trance and really enjoyed it. Over the years after school was done I kept on listening to trance music. During these years I had built pretty good contacts with few big Trance sites, DJ's and others trance freaks

On January 2006 I kind of got fed up with the radios I had been listening to, looping old material etc. I took the time to think about possible new radio spoken about this to the DJ's i knew and they all supported my idea. So from January 2006 I did few weeks of research on other radios how they run, what would I need as far as (bandwidth, servers, redundancy, backups, scripts etc etc) once I had the list of things needed to get it started I started coding and building the system. System was done sometime in May 2006. After a few weeks of testing in May I decided to launch it in June 1 2006. So basically it took me 6 months of building the backend system for AH to be functional.

Your thinking why the name Afterhours? Well answer is simple, while living in New York I used to always go to afterhours clubs, seemed like anything to do with Electronic music was referred as Afterhours so that’s how I got the name.

By July 2006 I had 10 djs and about 30 listeners and just over 200 registered users on forum. From this point on Radio grew, in October I created and started "In The Mix" series.

As time went on, more staffers and coders came on board and helped to improve the system. Afterhours is an undergoing project, we always look for new things to be added and have the system perfected.

Hope this gave you better understanding little history of AH but the general Idea was to have a radio FREE High Quality, support all players possible and be the radio with almost 100% exclusivity and so far we have achieved that.

But the biggest thanks goes to you all reading this, cheers and thanks for supporting AH!
    Most listened to Trance Radio - AH.FM
    Love AH.FM? become today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I knew this would come up, the history is kinda huge but ill try..

During my college years 1998-2001 I used to listen to Trance and really enjoyed it. Over the years after school was done I kept on listening to trance music. During these years I had built pretty good contacts with few big Trance sites, DJ's and others trance freaks

On January 2006 I kinda got fed up with the radios I had been listening to, looping old material etc. I took the time to think about possible new radio?? spoken about this to the DJ's i knew and they all supported my idea. So from January 2006 I did few weeks of research on other radios how they run, what would i need as far as (bandwidth, servers, redundency, backups, scripts etc etc) once I had the list of things needed to get it started I started coding and building the system. System was done sometime in May 2006. After a few weeks of testing in May I decided to launch it in June 1 2006. So basically it took me 6 months of building the backend system for AH to be functional.

Your thinking why the name Afterhours? well answer is simple, while living in New York I used to always go to afterhours clubs, seemed like anything to do with Electronic music was reffered as Afterhours so thats how I got the name.

By July 2006 I had 10 djs and about 30 listeners and just over 200 registered users on forum. From this point on Radio grew, in October I created and started "In The Mix" series.

As time went on, more staffers and coders came on board and helped to improve the system. Afterhours is an undergoing project, we always look for new things to be added and have the system perfected.

Hope this gave you better understanding little history of AH But the general Idea was to have a radio FREE High Quality, support all players possible and be the radio with almost 100% exclusivity and so far we have achieved that.

But the biggest thanks goes to you all reading this, cheers and thanks for supporting AH!
    Wow. That is so cool. Thank you for sharing this story with the fans and supporters of AH!!!!

Thanks for the story Dan, and thanks for ah.fm!
    djexo.com

Thanks for the story! :D

Very highly appreciated all your effort Dan to make this happen and thanks the lil expose of the history of yours and the radio :smile1:

Immoral Monkeys - Portobello (Adam Nickey remix)
    Adam Nickey - Shift
    Sunlounger feat. Zara - Lost

Dancing is a vertical expression of a horizontal desire

Thats a great story Dan. I know readers would love to hear more.
    Tell us more....

BTW, ah has changed my whole outlook on Trance(EDM) just as Dan has described.

Thanks again Dan, as always, you totally sync the world of online music and friends with ah.fm
    Chris, ....Play the Music, And We'll know what to do.

You, and all the staff for that matter, have done very very well!!!
    Keep up the good work!

I hope yopu enjoyed your stay here in NY Dan
    Thanks for the info about this site!Well done Dan and staff alike!
    Gotta make it somehow on the dreams you still believe
    Don't give it up!

its the best one for it dan. just for trance as well is perfect. most dedicated fans in the world i thinks. well in!!!

:o)
    Tune of the moment: Solarstone - Seven Cities (Pure Mix)

Smile Very nice history

Thanks so much for this amazing history of AH.fm Dan!
    My mixcloud page ;) http://www.mixcloud.com/zenaltered/ aka DJ Zenthetix ^^

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information