Older songs

existent

Registered
Reaction score
This may sound a little stupid but how come whenever song gets like month or 2 old, nobody plays it... they either play the newest or the classics..... any specific reason for this?

This may sound a little stupid but how come whenever song gets like month or 2 old, nobody plays it... they either play the newest or the classics..... any specific reason for this?
I've noticed this as well - basically the reason is because DJ's are always trying to keep their sets fresh and "cutting edge" if you like, when doing promo sets (as you might hear on the radio). There's always a higher demand for a mix if it has forthcoming exclusives on, whereas demand would be less if the tracks were 2-3 months old.

In a club when they're playing to a physical crowd you'll generally find they're more likely to play tracks which are more well known in order to get a reaction from the dancefloor.

It's a philosophy I try very much to avoid to be honest - I prefer to believe that tracks are either good or they aren't. I think good tracks are timeless and still worthy of play once their novelty period has worn off - if they've been overplayed first time around though I might wait 6 months or so before reviving them :music:

It's a philosophy I try very much to avoid to be honest - I prefer to believe that tracks are either good or they aren't. I think good tracks are timeless and still worthy of play once their novelty period has worn off - if they've been overplayed first time around though I might wait 6 months or so before reviving them :music:

:grinning: that's one of the reasons why I like your show... and I agree about waiting 6 months or so if a track is overplayed...

but i guess what you said makes sense...

when ever i play sets or maek CDS, i play whatever i listen to at the moment. it is amazing to play the newest and best stuff u can find, thats what makes djing fun. but i love busting out a tune (not neccessarily a classic) that people think, 'wow, i havent heard this in ages!'. thats wikid for me. people forget whats been played too often. here today, gone tmw. if people played a variety of old and new, trance would be a lot more popular.

Back