Thread: The changes in Electronic music good/bad?

AH Listener

Question The changes in Electronic music good/bad?

Over the years electronic music has changed a bit. What do you think is good and what is bad?

Trance is a natural drug, that will heal us all.

www.defconrecordings.com Lazarus's Avatar
    The good I think is probably that the technology has advanced allowing the quality of sounds and production to improve.

Unfortunately the flip side of this is that it's also led to a surge in some producers being over-geeky and spending all their time focussing on sonic distortion and soundwave manipulation than actually making music (and no I'm not naming names...)
    New show time: Back From The Dead - Every 1st Monday 1900-2100 GMT (2000-2200 CET, 1400-1600 PST)
    Lazarus Twitter | Lazarus Facebook | Defcon Recordings website | Defcon Twitter
    Lazarus on iTunes

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    The good I think is probably that the technology has advanced allowing the quality of sounds and production to improve.

Unfortunately the flip side of this is that it's also led to a surge in some producers being over-geeky and spending all their time focussing on sonic distortion and soundwave manipulation than actually making music (and no I'm not naming names...)

Seems like Trance music is losing its name as being trance, hopefully the trance were used to will come back with time But I could assure you AH will do its best to keep it alive.

Most listened to Trance Radio - AH.FM
    Love AH.FM? become today.

www.defconrecordings.com Lazarus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post

Seems like Trance music is losing its name as being trance, hopefully the trance were used to will come back with time But I could assure you AH will do its best to keep it alive.

I still think trance is very healthy at the moment mate, just not very popular with the wider world! And AH is certainly doing its' bit to keep the trance flag flying high!

Besides, so long as I'm still breathing, trance will never die
    New show time: Back From The Dead - Every 1st Monday 1900-2100 GMT (2000-2200 CET, 1400-1600 PST)
    Lazarus Twitter | Lazarus Facebook | Defcon Recordings website | Defcon Twitter
    Lazarus on iTunes

Thread Information