Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

:wow: :lol:

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious :)

haha very funny ... feel sorry for writing it out where you live and you gotta put all that stuff in.

:LMAO::LMAO:

Awesome....you take 5 minutes just to spell where you´re from....:lol:

no one can spell the name of his village!!!! thats awesome kjsjuihsalmdoqiidqxpo oiwemowmedowmefrowimedw

i couldnt even say the first 4 letters together.

One day back when I was in primary school, about a million years ago, one of our teachers who was Welsh actually taught us all to pronounce it, and it's still something I can manage now! :)

I'll ask you to say it next time we're out! :)

Bonkers name for a place that one!

The town even has it's very own joke :lol:

An American couple were visiting Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwillantyiliogogogoch in north Wales and went into a cafe for some food. When the waitress came up to take their order the husband said,

"Before we order can you say the name of where we are, but say it very slowly so that we can understand".

The waitress leaned towards them and replied....

"Buuuurrrrgggerrrrrrr Kiiinnnnngggg..."

Its not an actual place, but it is a name of a train station in Wales, it's about 10 miles from me.

Oh and i can pronounce it :)

The town even has it's very own joke :lol:

An American couple were visiting Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwillantyiliogogogoch in north Wales and went into a cafe for some food. When the waitress came up to take their order the husband said,

"Before we order can you say the name of where we are, but say it very slowly so that we can understand".

The waitress leaned towards them and replied....

"Buuuurrrrgggerrrrrrr Kiiinnnnngggg..."

Lol :) Thank god for those people they are allowed to say Llanfair PG or Llanfairpwll :lolz:

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch_station_sign_%28cropped_version_1%29.jpg

The sign of the train station! LOL!

that..is crazy..why would you name a place like that? Does it even mean anything :rofl:?

that..is crazy..why would you name a place like that? Does it even mean anything :rofl:?
Yes, it actually translates into English as "The church of St. Mary in the hollow of white hazel trees near the rapid whirlpool by St. Tysilio's of the red cave" :ee:

No one wants to live there, Which retard came up with the name? These names are allowed? :LMAO:

No one wants to live there, Which retard came up with the name? These names are allowed? :LMAO:

hmmm you got your share of weird names in NL too, why would anyone want to live in Hell :p

Dutch Cities-(free translation)

De Hel (The hell)
Grootebroek (Large Pants)

and you sure know there's more than those two :ee:

hmmm you got your share of weird names in NL too, why would anyone want to live in Hell :p

De Hel (The hell)

:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

De Hel (The hell)

De hel?? Does that actually exist?:p Never heard of it...:lolz:

The largest dutch one I know is Gasselterboerveenschemond:p Try to pronounce that foreigners!:p

Belgium is even worse...

Boom (Tree) <-- Tomorrowland is there every year
Reet (Ass)

The largest dutch one I know is Gasselterboerveenschemond:p Try to pronounce that foreigners!:p

Belgium is even worse...

Reet (Ass)

sure does lol :ee:

Maps, Weather, and Airports for De Hel, Netherlands

so you could safely tell someone that lives in Reet that he's an ASS, without being considered rude :ee:

Last edited:

Belgium is even worse...

Reet (Ass)

That's actually no that hard..but it would take me a while to memorize it lawl

Back