Thread: * why donate Afterhours.FM .. .. ..

Ursa Major ★ Become a supporter now

Smile * why donate Afterhours.FM .. .. ..

and pay attention to some kind request for financial support ?

'cause it's a free .. .. .. world

Give me some good reasons - and post them here !
    Ursus maritimus: sea bear .

well first of all here at AH you still free to join and have 192 K quality stream for free, donate or not donate, everyone has the right to access to the same product.

I for myself i am a big donator, because it's a project i believe and in the words of Dan this radio is ours the community, so nobody asked me to donate or buy a free pass to a quality stream as happened to me in a certain radio, so here i feel free and for my side, i told this to Dan directly, i will never let get down this radio, after all it's in my heart.

AH Listener
    I think it's just for your Karma. It's in a way similar to the reason why you are buying birthday presents for your friends. You wouldn't have to, of course. But you like to because you appreciate them. So do you appreciate AH.FM? Then you might want to donate. It's not reasonable, but it feels good in a special way.

Plus, on the edge of existence, maybe your donation decides whether AH.FM keeps going at all or not. But I guess (or rather HOPE) that this is unlikely to become the case soon...

AH.FM Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by albertus View Post
    I think it's just for your Karma. It's in a way similar to the reason why you are buying birthday presents for your friends. You wouldn't have to, of course. But you like to because you appreciate them. So do you appreciate AH.FM? Then you might want to donate. It's not reasonable, but it feels good in a special way.

This post describes exactly how I feel. Noone is forcing you to donate any amount. But if you enjoy something, or someone, and you want to make "it" or them happy, you buy them gifts, and in this case donate. And in the end, you get satisfaction as well.

in short, Karma is the way to go

To show appreciation for an awesome internet radio station that presumably takes a lot more than just a pocketful of change to keep alive and well. Because while it may be provided to all of us listeners for free, we all know that it is anything but free to the guy running it.
    Addicted to trance

Why donate ??

Cause this community here uses a high technical suppor from DAN and the Staff. The Hardware for such a projekt costs alot and must be upgraded time to time.

Okay everybody can say...okay i can get music boards and streams everywhere....why ah.fm ?

Cause AH.fm has the most DJs, the best DJs, the most exclusive DJs, the most exclusive special Shows and the friendliest community

and to donate means nothing else then to give a little present and respect for that great work back to ah.fm and i seriuosly know, that dan uses every little Cent for ah.fm and not for his pocket money like others like DI

Wink

if you get something it's nice (and fair) to give something back.

...and the guys running it need a warm meal from time to time...

I donate to alot of causes(Red Cross,United Way,hurricane reliefs,etc.)

Why afterhours.fm?

I enjoy the music here,those 24 hour "In the Mixes" are incredible and it just seems to feel like the right thing to do!

Gotta make it somehow on the dreams you still believe
    Don't give it up!

AH.FM Station Cat Become a supporter now The Cat Lady's Avatar
    I donate money to AH and to my Church. I donate my time to PALS, an animal organization here in the States. In all three cases, it's well worth it, absolutely.
    Janet Elaine Lemoncelli Halpin
    December 18, 1935 - March 14, 2017
    I love you, Mom. I will miss you.

Why not?
    djexo.com

Quote Originally Posted by 90degrees View Post
    if you get something it's nice (and fair) to give something back.

...and the guys running it need a warm meal from time to time...
    Well said 90degress, so many people just take take take take take, without even thinking of giving back from time to time. And that goes on so many levels too, not just listening to ah.fm radio.

It's much more fulfilling to give something than to take something

Donate because if you don't the lads will be sent round to your home to beat up your dog/cat/mum (delete as appropriate)

Live Nude Girls Become a supporter now
    Time to revive this thread!

all good reasons here and many more I'm sure!

AH.FM Addict Become a supporter now bjerre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Free View Post
    Time to revive this thread!

all good reasons here and many more I'm sure!

Yes - this is a way to give a little back to music and the station

Red face Confused!

Quote Originally Posted by albertus View Post

Plus, on the edge of existence, maybe your donation decides whether AH.FM keeps going at all or not. But I guess (or rather HOPE) that this is unlikely to become the case soon...
    1) What's so unreasonable about giving a few bucks (or more!) every month to AH.fm which provides more than money can buy in the first place?

2) Doing something on purpose to affect your karma seems (to me at least) to be trying to manipulate a spiritual system and that doesn't sit right with me. Do good things cause you want to, not cause you're expecting a reward, just sayin

Not trying to be a Serious Sam here, just trying to understand what you meant by these two things.

Love this forum, love AH.fm

-Sean

Thanks all for nice words, I kinda missed this thread first time seeing it to be honest

Afterhours.FM mission is; to provide our valued listeners from all over the world with The Best in Trance & Progressive at high quality 192kbps all for.. FREE, we dont believe in charging listeners money to listen to music, we believe that if a listener likes what they hear and likes to support Afterhours, they will simply Donate to help with running costs. This community is based on many mixed nationalities, but here we don't feel any different from one another, were all the same here, thank you all for your amazing ongoing support, AH would not be what it is with you community!
    Most listened to Trance Radio - AH.FM
    Love AH.FM? become today.

Thread Information