* why donate Afterhours.FM .. .. ..

danmark_ori

Ursa Major ★
Staff member
Reaction score

:book: and pay attention to some kind request for financial support ? :unsure:

:mask: 'cause it's a free .. .. .. world :whistle:

:cap: Give me some :super: good reasons - and post them here ! :grinning:​

well first of all here at AH you still free to join and have 192 K quality stream for free, donate or not donate, everyone has the right to access to the same product.

I for myself i am a big donator, because it's a project i believe and in the words of Dan this radio is ours the community, so nobody asked me to donate or buy a free pass to a quality stream as happened to me in a certain radio, so here i feel free and for my side, i told this to Dan directly, i will never let get down this radio, after all it's in my heart.:grinning:

I think it's just for your Karma. It's in a way similar to the reason why you are buying birthday presents for your friends. You wouldn't have to, of course. But you like to because you appreciate them. So do you appreciate AH.FM? Then you might want to donate. It's not reasonable, but it feels good in a special way.

Plus, on the edge of existence, maybe your donation decides whether AH.FM keeps going at all or not. But I guess (or rather HOPE) that this is unlikely to become the case soon...

I think it's just for your Karma. It's in a way similar to the reason why you are buying birthday presents for your friends. You wouldn't have to, of course. But you like to because you appreciate them. So do you appreciate AH.FM? Then you might want to donate. It's not reasonable, but it feels good in a special way.

This post describes exactly how I feel. Noone is forcing you to donate any amount. But if you enjoy something, or someone, and you want to make "it" or them happy, you buy them gifts, and in this case donate. And in the end, you get satisfaction as well.

in short, Karma is the way to go :loveah:

To show appreciation for an awesome internet radio station that presumably takes a lot more than just a pocketful of change to keep alive and well. Because while it may be provided to all of us listeners for free, we all know that it is anything but free to the guy running it.

Why donate ??

Cause this community here uses a high technical suppor from DAN and the Staff. The Hardware for such a projekt costs alot and must be upgraded time to time.

Okay everybody can say...okay i can get music boards and streams everywhere....why ah.fm ?

Cause AH.fm has the most DJs, the best DJs, the most exclusive DJs, the most exclusive special Shows and the friendliest community

and to donate means nothing else then to give a little present and respect for that great work back to ah.fm and i seriuosly know, that dan uses every little Cent for ah.fm and not for his pocket money like others like DI

if you get something it's nice (and fair) to give something back.:flowers:

...and the guys running it need a warm meal from time to time...:mask:

I donate to alot of causes(Red Cross,United Way,hurricane reliefs,etc.)

Why afterhours.fm?

I enjoy the music here,those 24 hour "In the Mixes" are incredible and it just seems to feel like the right thing to do!

:ah:

I donate money to AH and to my Church. I donate my time to PALS, an animal organization here in the States. In all three cases, it's well worth it, absolutely. :grinning: :cat:

if you get something it's nice (and fair) to give something back.:flowers:

...and the guys running it need a warm meal from time to time...:mask:

Well said 90degress, so many people just take take take take take, without even thinking of giving back from time to time. And that goes on so many levels too, not just listening to ah.fm radio.

It's much more fulfilling to give something than to take something :)

Donate because if you don't the lads will be sent round to your home to beat up your dog/cat/mum (delete as appropriate) :mask: :lol:

Time to revive this thread! :loveah:

all good reasons here and many more I'm sure! :bravo::bravo:

Confused!

Plus, on the edge of existence, maybe your donation decides whether AH.FM keeps going at all or not. But I guess (or rather HOPE) that this is unlikely to become the case soon...

1) What's so unreasonable about giving a few bucks (or more!) every month to AH.fm which provides more than money can buy in the first place?

2) Doing something on purpose to affect your karma seems (to me at least) to be trying to manipulate a spiritual system and that doesn't sit right with me. Do good things cause you want to, not cause you're expecting a reward, just sayin

Not trying to be a Serious Sam here, just trying to understand what you meant by these two things.

Love this forum, love AH.fm

-Sean :music:

Thanks all for nice words, I kinda missed this thread first time seeing it to be honest :)

Afterhours.FM mission is; to provide our valued listeners from all over the world with The Best in Trance & Progressive at high quality 192kbps all for.. FREE, we dont believe in charging listeners money to listen to music, we believe that if a listener likes what they hear and likes to support Afterhours, they will simply Donate to help with running costs. This community is based on many mixed nationalities, but here we don't feel any different from one another, were all the same here, thank you all for your amazing ongoing support, AH would not be what it is with you community!

Back