Which Pioneer mixer is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nDaMix@714

Registered
Reaction score
Which one is better DJM 400 or DJM 3000 and WHY? THANKS for your respond. I really appreciate it.

Errr...they're completely different things.

DJM 400 is a 2 channel mixer
DJM 3000 is a rack mounted 4 channel mixer

And they have totally different features.

Its like saying - whats better, The Volkswagen Golf, or the Range Rover?

What do you need the mixer to do?

Agreed with DreamensioN, I used to have a DJM400 and theyre great mixers for your bedroom.
The EQ are the typical Pioneer EQ pots but theyre the best in the market.
The EFX are set to steps using your bpm so make them sound alot tidier when thrown into mixes.

The DJM300 is a rack mountable mixer which is mainly used for the dual CDJ combo's which you can get. (They all fit nicley in a box - mainly for mobile DJ users who take their gear with them) so expect the 3000 to take up alot of room width wise.

Personally I loved the DJM400, It's a great little mixer. Even though it only has two channels you can flip them between Line and Phono/Line. - Giving you a 2 CDJ / 2 Turntable option or 4 CDJ option. Bare in mind you can only mix two at a time.

Hope this helps ;)

I use a urei 1620 the best ... paid $1500.00 dollars...it does wonder for me...

what would you call it then... club mixer...

what would you call it then... club mixer...

club mixer is pretty much synonymous with dj mixer. minimum feature set is a 3-band eq per channel as well as a gain knob and line fader per channel, plus the option to cue enable any and each of them into the headphones. at least that's the de-facto standard feature set these days, which for example the urei 1603 has. the 1620 seems to be more like a generic audio mixer. of course you can dj mix with is as well, but you won't find it in any club.

club mixer is pretty much synonymous with dj mixer. minimum feature set is a 3-band eq per channel as well as a gain knob and line fader per channel, plus the option to cue enable any and each of them into the headphones. at least that's the de-facto standard feature set these days, which for example the urei 1603 has. the 1620 seems to be more like a generic audio mixer. of course you can dj mix with is as well, but you won't find it in any club.
most of the clubs, here in south florida ...that i have been in dj booths have knobs and a seperate cross over, with great sounds systems ...not mickey mouse ones....those mixers your talking ...bout with sliders are for rapper and scratchers....me personally i use two turn tables. double cd player, cd burner. tape deck for cassettes and a lovely reel to reel...oh and my direct tv goes threw the urei too.and most of all can't forget the computer....

Not sure what the 3000 is like but I imagine that the price difference will be what dictates what to get. If you can afford a 3000 then get one over the 400, you can get the 400 for around ÂŁ300 where as I understand the 3000 is around ÂŁ500.

I have the DJM400 and it is a quality mixer. So I'd choose tha over many other s in its price bracket.

for Pioneer mixers it goes like this:

Bedroom: DJM-400
Club: 800>1000>700

and wheres the 600 in that list? :p

Trashcan?

trashcan? :p

i just personally prefer "the rest of the world" over 600 :p

Interesting...could you please elaborate a little further what your grievances are with DJM600? I have never EVER seen anything else installed in a club before except for RODEC which is very popular in Belgium, but 600 is pretty much a standard. And for a reason, although like our friend quoted earlier he really likes his 800 model - its a little too expensive for what it is. (Just get a EFX-1000 and 600 and you are better than on par), but 600 is a good value, descent sound, very easy to use, and has really good built quality. So my question is why do you think it belongs in a trash can? And you prefer "everything" over 600? The only complain i have is the crossfader is not tight enough, but seeing how most people on here don't really scratch thats no problem. i know its a personal preference, but im just not sure what you have a problem with when it comes to this great mixer. So please, tell us all what we should invest in? Before we throw our money into a trashcan :tease:

/uses korg zero8

:iagree:

thanks for posting this, exactly my thoughts, just couldnt be bothered to actually post this :lol:

The sound of the 600 is not superb - and that to me is more important than a tonnes of FX :)

and preffering all over the 600 is only when talking Pioneer mixers :p

again - i'd buy 400 - 700 or 800 over the 600 - cause they have better sound

fair enough...

and preffering all over the 600 is only when talking Pioneer mixers :p

again - i'd buy 400 - 700 or 800 over the 600 - cause they have better sound

Hey, thanks for the response PhillipAlpha!

I agree that 800 has better sound (in theory!), but that is because when sound is send through it, it is digitized through an A/D converter and then its all digital sound is the output. But look at the price difference! and DJM400 is 2 channel (last time i checked vs 4 channel 600) and is also all digital, That is pretty much the only difference in sound output those have (to my understanding - correct me if im wrong please). I have no idea what kind of preAMP you have, but if you must have a CRAZY ONE if you can really hear the difference. Can you honestly say you can? Really? As far as function, availability, ease of use and overall package goes - 600 is not a bad choice. A good choice even in my opinion. It can be purchased cheaply from ebay if you are stricken for cash and will not cost you an arm and a leg; a used 600 will set you back around $650 vs $1400 for a used 800, so comparison is not quite accurate. And ive never used a DJM400 before so i will just take your word for it! :chair:

Your response reminds me of an "old skool" DJ buddy of mine who was completely CONVINCED that vinyl is the only medium to spin just because it has SUPERIOR SOUND to those crappy little CDs with their non-analog sound. when sound is loud enough man, NO ONE can tell the difference outside your bedroom or studio. (I actually think CDs sound better since you can level out the volume before you burn, plus no clicking or background noise due to bad ground :p)

So value = 600
Sound quality = 800 (if you have supersonic hearing)

in my opinion of course...

You are not wrong by any account my friend, don't think i'm arguing with you - its just not fair to say djm600 is garbage worthy according to you. Someone who does not know may take your overreaction as the gospel truth, and think it sounds like a Behringer, the truth is, its a very solid mixer for the money.

cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back