Constantly re Buffering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vertigo

Registered
Reaction score
Nothing else is running and AH sounds like a bad CD.

i know it was hours ago you posted this, but do you still having problems?

i was connected to the .ca

it has settled but occasionally, ahh just did it. lol

might be your route from shaw... i used to work for shaw and their routing is really bad :(

Sorry for reviving an old thread..but just to help whoever MIGHT have the same problem in the future, if you look in the playlist (ie: In winamp) , you will see a short list of different bitrated hosts, just try them and see if you get a smoother experience.

Sorry for reviving an old thread..but just to help whoever MIGHT have the same problem in the future, if you look in the playlist (ie: In winamp) , you will see a short list of different bitrated hosts, just try them and see if you get a smoother experience.

AH.FM system automatically chooses best closest possible server for you, if servers are in a bad state they are removed temporarily from the list.

We monitor them non stop so, it should be smooth :) :mask:

That's weird..because sometimes I pause the stream for a few minutes..put it back on again. It plays what should've came after I stopped it..then it rebuffers to the correct time, but when it does, the actual playing is very choppy, so I just close my eyes and double click on another server.

Maybe its just me

what player you using?

pausing usually isn't really a good idea, would only work right if the player still keeps streaming the audio and buffers it, then plays back from the buffer when you resume. kinda like time shifting in TV. don't think any players really do that. so it's usually better to just press stop instead of pause.

what player you using?

pausing usually isn't really a good idea, would only work right if the player still keeps streaming the audio and buffers it, then plays back from the buffer when you resume. kinda like time shifting in TV. don't think any players really do that. so it's usually better to just press stop instead of pause.

WinAmp does it for me .... for about 2 minute or so in the 48kbps stream.

But yes, it is better to press stop than pause.

That's weird..because sometimes I pause the stream for a few minutes..put it back on again. It plays what should've came after I stopped it..then it rebuffers to the correct time, but when it does, the actual playing is very choppy, so I just close my eyes and double click on another server.

Maybe its just me

if your in canada, you should be using canadian server.
http://www.ah.fm/192k.m3u

you should have no issues.

Lol guys dont get too worked up about it. If something does happen I'm quite a bit experienced in these matters to know how to fix them, unless they come from your side, which has never happened as long as I've been here.

Until then, keep on trancing!

WinAmp does it for me .... for about 2 minute or so in the 48kbps stream.
i don't think that's actually winamp doing that though, more like the TCP buffer and the buffer on shoutcast's side. does it for all formats, but a lot more time fits into the (fixed size) buffers on the lower bitrate streams of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back