Thought about getting a new shirt supplier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuragari

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe in the EU the price of the Tshirt isn't much, but when I look at the AH T-shirts I cringe. $24 plus shipping is excessive, I wouldn't mind supporting AH by buying one but it seems the company selling the T-Shirts is keeping AH from getting sales. Maybe the Europeans don't notice the high cost because everything in the EU costs more, but in the US a good tshirt printed with a funny design 22 dollars, http://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shirts/also-available-in-sober just as an example.

I'd like to know what share of the profits AH is getting because while I'd like to have an AH t-shirt it just goes against any kind of common sense to pay 29 bucks for a shirt with different color stitching! Crunch some numbers, see how many people in the US listen, see how many in EU listen, see how many listeners are Polish and maybe think about a new supplier. The set up to print a t-shirt in 2 colors is really cheap. Any kid from a highschool shop class can do it. I did more elaborate designs with 4 colors!

The shirts are best quality possible, i have been washing a 2 year old shirt and its still the same. We wont be changing a supplier cause i tried different place before & was not happy.

21 $ for high quality shirt is not much compared to other shops such as spreadshirt etc. We want to sale quality, that can be worn for long time and still be same after 100+ washes.

cheers mate

So are you telling me that the shirts this company sells, the ink won't crack in the dryer, the threads won't rip out of the armpit? I've had good t-shirts and I've had bad t-shirts, most of them depend on the individual sweatshop worker's mood that day and how well they finished the stitching. If you can somehow assure me that this tshirt's not going to fall apart like a normal tshirt does then maybe it's worth more. What's the tag on the shirt say? Is it made in bangladesh, china, india, indonesia? I've got tshirts that are made from those countries and I've got tshirts that are made in the USA and they all seem to fall apart. Only one brand I've seen called Russel Athletic seems to hold up.

But like I said, I wonder how much AH actually gets out of a t-shirt sale, because I can't see it being that much. Your problem is most likely that you're using internet T-shirt companies that are set up to make a quick buck off small organizations who want their own t-shirts.

Like I said it's not that complicated to get a t-shirt with that AH logo and the words below it printed in red. You take a preshrunk shirt, stick it on the board, put the silk screen on top of it and push in through it. The ink you use you hit with a heat lamp, the ink sets so it doesn't wash out in the washing machine or come off in the dryer.

The quality of the shirt doesn't come from the company that's printing the shirts, it comes from the company that sells the shirts. The ink is the easy middle man job that the company you're selling through is ripping people off on.

Like I said, you're in europe, you probably don't notice how much you're getting ripped off because clothing is generally a ripoff in Europe... you guys pay 100 bucks for the same jeans americans pay 40 bucks for. It's sad.

Anyway, you don't really have a way to guarantee that' it's a great shirt other than the fact that you've got one shirt that has actually lasted you The company you sell through doesn't even tell you the shipping prices before you log in so I'm betting they're probably disgustingly high. Like I said, I'm wondering how much money you're actually making on each tshirt. If you don't want to change companies I can help that, but maybe you want to think about getting another company that sells shirts in the Americas that people might actually want to shop with instead?

Mate I have been using them for 2 years now and we sold many shirts, people are really happy with it. As for shipping, its calculated on the fly depending on the exchange rates daily.

This company is quite huge in europe, they make the shirts on the fly per order, its not where they have 1000 shirts waiting to be shipped. Order comes in and its all made by a human not a computer. I know the owner and im really happy with the quality of the print and the shirt.

I could go and get them made for half the price in china and be really unhappy, AH.FM is professional and I want the best.

Were in talks to potentially lower the prices if we make them in bulk and have them sit aside when orders come they get made. Thank you

not everyone wears Levi's....

Like I said, you're in europe, you probably don't notice how much you're getting ripped off because clothing is generally a ripoff in Europe... you guys pay 100 bucks for the same jeans americans pay 40 bucks for. It's sad.

...but at least Europe won't invade other countries if they run out of cotton. :mask:

my tee is now 10 mths old has been tumble dried a couple of times (though if you cherish it it should be proper air dried) and it looks like new.

But the main reason I'm posting here, Dan, any chance of long-sleeved tees in the near future? :smile1:

...but at least Europe won't invade other countries if they run out of cotton. :mask:

my tee is now 10 mths old has been tumble dried a couple of times (though if you cherish it it should be proper air dried) and it looks like new.

But the main reason I'm posting here, Dan, any chance of long-sleeved tees in the near future? :smile1:

lots of new stuff coming... long sleeves are one :)

thank you

like 90degrees said...printed t-shirts should be air dried, i have mine for almost a year now and washed them many times and they still look the same, but i never put it in the dryer tho...common sense i guess :p

have you ever been to Europe Kuragari?....where did you get the thing about he jeans prices? LMAO

i think North America is worse when it comes to price of clothing and crappy designs, no colors except black, gray, brown and the crappy army green, as if we need to be dressed in camouflage at all time...or maybe we do :unsure:

Some of those Premium Outlet stores in the USA sell in US$ what I'd pay in GBÂŁ here in the UK so I took advantage of the exchange rate (2:1 then) and also bought a suitcase whilst I was at it to bring all my goodies home lol. It was a case of once I shop.... I can't stop!

On topic though, I've heard many people are happy with the shirts so can certainly vouch for the quality

what about the BRA with the AH Logo? :p:p:p

:lol:

the print should read "AaaaahhH" :wub: :lol:

*thinks Vics is wearing them all, looking at her ava*

good idea though, I work out less, am a year older and dem man boobs are certainly on the way...:blush:
(yo trace, care to share a pack?)

and thanks for the long sleeves Dan, won't get too carried away asking for tribals along the sleeves - one of you guys had a really nice sig with tribals and AH embedded in it, really cool looking :grinning:

and please make them really really expensive...:mask: j/k

like 90degrees said...printed t-shirts should be air dried, i have mine for almost a year now and washed them many times and they still look the same, but i never put it in the dryer tho...common sense i guess :p

have you ever been to Europe Kuragari?....where did you get the thing about he jeans prices? LMAO

i think North America is worse when it comes to price of clothing and crappy designs, no colors except black, gray, brown and the crappy army green, as if we need to be dressed in camouflage at all time...or maybe we do :unsure:
No I haven't been to europe, first of all in direct relation to clothes I've taken german and my german prof who is a native german gave us recent advertisements about german clothing. Everything there sells for more. If you're going to laugh, please have some sort of idea of what's going on. It's not like I magically made this up. I've got friends in the UK, I talk to them about games. Everything is just generally more expensive in the UK from what I've seen.

And I don't know where you get your ideas about american clothes, I generally wear good sturdy Lee dungaree blue jeans. But in the US there are insane multitutes of pants colors beyond those you listed. And you can go anywhere online to find them. The US has so much internet commerce in relation to the rest of the world. But the point of this thread wasn't about fashion, it was about value versus cost. Dan thinks he's getting the best value for the cost using the company he's using while I feel the company is gouging people for shirts that aren't really worth it. It's really not worth that much further discussion, it just means I won't buy an AH tshirt unless the exchange rate and shipping costs improves.

No I haven't been to europe, first of all in direct relation to clothes I've taken german and my german prof who is a native german gave us recent advertisements about german clothing. Everything there sells for more. If you're going to laugh, please have some sort of idea of what's going on. It's not like I magically made this up. I've got friends in the UK, I talk to them about games. Everything is just generally more expensive in the UK from what I've seen.

well, for once, "UK" isnt "europe". some european countries are more expensive than others, because the average pay there is more than in others. and of course clothes imported from the US are more expensive here than in the US (duh), but there's also enough domestic clothing companies that aren't any more expensive that the US ones in the US.

just look at prices for european clothing in the US. more expensive than here? oh surprise. still, my conclusion won't be that you get ripped off on that.

... The US has so much internet commerce in relation to the rest of the world.

oh please, you've never been to europe, so how do you know? you think europe is third world or what?

... it just means I won't buy an AH tshirt unless the exchange rate and shipping costs improves.

the exchange rate is probably the biggest problem here. EU stuff is expensive for you currently, while US stuff is cheap for us.

Some of those Premium Outlet stores in the USA sell in US$ what I'd pay in GBÂŁ here in the UK so I took advantage of the exchange rate (2:1 then) and also bought a suitcase whilst I was at it to bring all my goodies home lol. It was a case of once I shop.... I can't stop!

On topic though, I've heard many people are happy with the shirts so can certainly vouch for the quality

I'm not really debating the quality as much as the value for the price. I signed up for an account to find out that the shipping is $11.00 US. So a contrast-stitched t-shirt shipped to the US would be $40. That's basically double the cost of getting a custom made t-shirt in america.

So even if the shirt is great quality, it doesn't make much sense for anyone to pay so much for shipping a t-shirt.

I don't really expect anyone to care. I don't know what percentage of AH's listeners are in North America, but it seems like if there were enough people who wanted a shirt, a North American' supplier would be better than one from poland for the people on the other side of the ocean while the european people kept it the way things are? I dunno.

At this point I'm looking into what it would cost me to print my own t-shirts. I have the knowledge, maybe I'll just make my own original t-shirts and say to heck with all the greedy people out there trying to sell me crappy t-shirts.

*snip*
.... it just means I won't buy an AH tshirt unless the exchange rate and shipping costs improves.

hopefuly the US$ will gain some value again, but i don't really see that happening any time soon...

Okay dfx you seem to be getting angry, where did I say anything about europe being a third world country? I said the US has more internet commerce than most other places in the world. It's the internet, I don't have to go anywhere to know about the internet, that's the point. You're right, the UK may not reflect 100% on the rest of the EU's commerce but I bet it's close. Last I heard the unemployment rate in Germany is still high, by a quick look 7.2% compared to the US 4.6%. I never meant for this to be come an economical debate, but I'm rather confident in my assessment and whenver I think I'm wrong I'll go look up and try to find facts to support my arguments.

I don't appreciate it when people seem to act prejudiced against me because I'm American. It's not my fault the leaders in my government piss off other countries. I didn't vote for them and even when I voted against them they still got in. I feel like people hate the US because we're so prominently placed, but if other countries' governments were in the media around the world would they look so squeaky clean? It seems no matter what because I'm from the US I'm guilty and I'm going to get hated on anyway. I never said anything about europe being "third world", I just know that the technology for internet commerce is more advanced because the US is driven on consumerism. I never said that was a good or bad thing, it has its ups and downs.

Bottom line is this: It's too expensive for most americans in general to buy a shirt from the website here. I have no control over what company sells the AH t-shirts which is why I asked.

@Kuragari...this is getting political now, and this is not the place, nor the purpose of this thread...

as far as "shipping" and suppliers go...if the store was in US than they will have to charge high prices for shipping to Europe...the only solution may be to also have a supplier in US, but i am not sure how feasible that solution is....

hopefuly the US$ will gain some value again, but i don't really see that happening any time soon...

Well that's the problem 8 years of a moron named Bush and Satan's Cabana Boy Cheney have ruined our economy. I have a feeling that's how the US economy works. We get some good leaders and fair economic practices for a while everyone in the country gets a better quality of life, we get complacent and the small precentage of evil greedy people take advantage. They do things like take advantage of chinese, indian and other cheap foreign labor without trade agreements to have reciprocation of all that money going out of the country. Walmart and other big commerce companies are like the mouths of giant leeches sucking the blood from the US economy.
EU uses chinese and indian labor, but they have a fair trade agreement. They pay more for the labor but then those countries have to buy from countries in the EU.

Plus the fact that our brilliant government decided it was a good idea to spend billions in iraq every month. Iraq could be in nice shape by now if GW Numbnuts hadn't rushed in without a plan.

I don't know what's going to happen in the next 8 years. I really wouldn't mind moving to japan and seeing how well I can do working there. It's all frustrating in the end. Seeing all these problems with my country and being able to do nothing because the people in power are corrupt evil greedy pieces of garbage that infect everything with their taint. I'm not a revolutionist, I'm not going to do anything violent, so what can I do as one person? Most of my fellow americans are uneducated jackasses that stick their heads in the sand and don't want to know what's wrong with the country.

@Kuragari...this is getting political now, and this is not the place, nor the purpose of this thread...

as far as "shipping" and suppliers go...if the store was in US than they will have to charge high prices for shipping to Europe...the only solution may be to also have a supplier in US, but i am not sure how feasible that solution is....

Well I created the thread, I know it's not the purpose. But it's the reasoning behind the purpose. People get mad at me for stating my reasons and I'm compelled to make my position clear. Nobody's forced to read what I've got to say, this was just mainly me trying to find a solution to wanting a t-shirt but not being able to buy one for a reasonable price. The political and economic repercussions of north american and european trade make it hard for me to get a t-shirt to support AH. Pathetic.

Like I said before, printing a t-shirt with such a simple design is easy, so as far as making the t-shirts go it's easy. I could do it in my basement with the right tools, I've done it before. I'm looking at a forum for t-shirt manufacturers to see what it'd cost me to make my own shirts. After having a supplier for the t-shirt, the creation of a webstore and setting up the company isn't really all that much more complicated. The only issue would be finding a company that does small runs of custom t-shirts in the US like the one in Poland.

Is it really worth it to get another company to sell shirts in the US? Depends on how easy it is to find a custom company that can provide quality shirts. Is it worth the effort? Without knowing the number of AH listeners in the US it's hard to tell.

So I think we've reached the end of this discussion and there's not much more to say. Sorry if I made people angry with my views.

I said the US has more internet commerce than most other places in the world. It's the internet, I don't have to go anywhere to know about the internet, that's the point.

you may think you know what you're talking about, but you're still wrong. if you take the top 10 countries worldwide by internet usage per population, 4 of those top 10 countries are european (NL and norway having #1 and #2), with the US being only at #8. (of course the US will be #1 if you go by total number of people, but that's just because they have so much more people than most other countries, hence a bad statistics.)

Last I heard the unemployment rate in Germany is still high, by a quick look 7.2% compared to the US 4.6%. I never meant for this to be come an economical debate, but I'm rather confident in my assessment and whenver I think I'm wrong I'll go look up and try to find facts to support my arguments.

weird, wikipedia tells me the US unemployment rate is 6.1%. and then NL has 3.2%, norway 2.1% and denmark even only 1.6%. now what?

I don't appreciate it when people seem to act prejudiced against me because I'm American.

i don't have any prejudice against you, my judgement is based solely on what you wrote in this thread. and from this, i have to think that it's YOU having a prejudice against everything non-american (and/or european in this case). i've been both to the US and to canada, you haven't ever been to europe. who do you think knows more about the world?

I feel like people hate the US because we're so prominently placed...

you're not prominently placed, only in your own eyes you think you are. which is exactly the point here. the world isn't only the US - in fact the US is only a rather small part of it. only that the US people seem to think that there's nothing outside of the US (which is a prejudice, yes, but you support it quite well here).

I just know that the technology for internet commerce is more advanced because the US is driven on consumerism.

see above, you're wrong.

It's too expensive for most americans in general to buy a shirt from the website here. I have no control over what company sells the AH t-shirts which is why I asked.

yes, but not because clothing is so cheap in the US and everyone non-US is stupid and gets ripped off. it's because it's being imported and exchange rate is bad for you.

(or more bluntly put: you're in the US, the shirt supplies is not. well, bad luck for you in this case. why is everything supposed to come from the US? you think EU people are happy when they have to import something from the US and pay a lot for shipping? well, in this case it's the other way around, too bad for you. it's just that you think you're so much more important than everyone else that you deserve to have a dedicated shirt supplier, just to save you from shipping.)

but as you said, this is off topic here, hence my last post about this subject.

Last edited:
^^...i think we are all (or mostly :tongue:) intelligent enough here to hold a conversation without getting mad/angry, and we are all entitled to express our own opinion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back