Audio Streaming using TVersity

Tarek

Registered
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't know if this is a good idea..or if you guys would appreciate it, but I'd like to try a little experiment.

I'm getting a Creative Zen X-Fi 16GB next week, and I'm a bit excited about the audio streaming capabilities.Now, since this device does not have a built in browser, I could not possibly stream ah.fm by simply typing in a link.

The Player can stream from Wireless Media Centers. So I was thinking, if I could get a link and feed it through TVersity, shouldn't I be able to access it via my Zen?

Apparently other X-FI users have gotten it working with TV streams (NASA TV, MLB channel, etc)

Just throwing some thoughts together. I'm no programmer, but I know enough to work my way around alot of things.

I use winamp. Thanks for the links..I was kinda trying to be subtle about asking for them in case you guys didn't appreciate someone trying to attempt something like this.

What I first tried was to just download the stream file (dynamicplaylist) and then for the split second where it buffers (I have unlimited high speed :D) write down the link, which ended up being http://nl2.ah.fm:9000

I inserted the URL into Winamp, and it worked fine. I also implemented it into TVersity. I have yet to try accessing it from a wireless device.The only concern I had was that the actual link would expire after a few hours or something.

Anyways, when I get the device I'll try it out and let you guys know.
EDIT: This won't be until end of next week though. I'm just a little excited at trying this out. High bitrated trance already sounds heavenly, can you imagine with even emulated X-FI technology? /faint

Last edited:
I use winamp. Thanks for the links..I was kinda trying to be subtle about asking for them in case you guys didn't appreciate someone trying to attempt something like this.

What I first tried was to just download the stream file (dynamicplaylist) and then for the split second where it buffers (I have unlimited high speed :D) write down the link, which ended up being http://nl2.ah.fm:9000

I inserted the URL into Winamp, and it worked fine. I also implemented it into TVersity. I have yet to try accessing it from a wireless device.The only concern I had was that the actual link would expire after a few hours or something.

Anyways, when I get the device I'll try it out and let you guys know.
EDIT: This won't be until end of next week though. I'm just a little excited at trying this out. High bitrated trance already sounds heavenly, can you imagine with even emulated X-FI technology? /faint

these links dont expire, they are links to the actual servers... seeing your from canada i advise you to use official AH Canada server.

http://ca.ah.fm:80
number 80 is not needed but i put it in so you know it runs on port 80

runs on port 80 so its good for people behind firewalls.
Let me know if that works...

If you can use a .wsx .asx .m3u files its even better as they are generated dynamic. :)

I probably can. Technically its not my Player that is streaming.It is the program on the computer..I am simply stealing the stream from it.

I probably can. Technically its not my Player that is streaming.It is the program on the computer..I am simply stealing the stream from it.

:) super, glad you got AH working :wink:

Now I just gotta wait a few days 'till the player gets shipped over..

Got my Player, and the stream works like a charm!

Wont even need a computer to stream afterhours anymore, but I need to be in range of my router...still awesome.

take some pictures of it i wanna see it.

Omg..gimme a day lol cause vid uploading is longer than I thought..and I gotta leave for now..

EDIT:Here we go! Afterhours in your pocket!

[youtube]9zgsOwr8RoI[/youtube]

//edit: youtube code fixed

Last edited by a moderator:
youtube code fixed

Thanks DFX..didn't notice it as I was in a rush..whaddaya think? :p

Back