15-10-2008 Livesets Forum Poll votes Public

dan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is a rather quick announcement. It has been suggested by quite a few people to make the poll votes in Livesets Forum all public. By saying public it means everyone can see what you voted for the show. We believe that this would actually help improve the shows quality and styles aswell encourage people to vote truthfully, this also helps DJ's to point out shows that were not so well liked etc.

I would like to add that nobody needs to justify anything here, in your votes, we would like everyone to be honest when you place your votes on the shows you listen to. Also by having truthful votes AH.FM can see which shows are popular :)

Please vote with honesty, don't vote bad because you just don't like the DJ. Thank you all and please post any comments.

ps.. public votes are going in effect starting tomorrow :)

:grinning::wink:

Hi Dan,

what about making an option for voter if they wants their name to appear or stay anonymous?

as the AH community is growing and getting closer to each other, Some voters may find it too harsh to say it to the DJ face that the show was Bad, in this case, if the name has to appear with vote, they may avoid hitting the vote button as an easier option...

hope you got what I mean with my crappy writing!

this is just an individual opinion.

thanks for the add on the facebook :)

Good day!

I agree with the new feature that Dan proposed, but Wailo has some point here:grinning:
The problem is not about the users imo. I can vote whatever I want anonymously or not. I m just a user.
There might be a problem among djs their selves ...Meaning that if dj A votes for "massive" par example for a set of dj B, then he might expect that the other one will do the same for him on his turn..
And I've noticed that happening already, even before the new public version of voting :p

Wooot

Okay serious...

I think its a good thing for everyone to see who votet and what he/She voted.

For me it means i can ask directly a "Bad" voter what it was that he/she didnt like and in that case i can improve my skills or Shows cause im DJ for the PPL and i dont force MY thing to anybody.

Also the DJs among themselves can see and talk about and so also the quality will improve.

So i guess for everyone it will be better and DJs they are pissed about their votes have to learn to live with that cause its the meaning of the voter and surely nothing personal...and like DAN said...if anybody does personal bashing here it may have some consequences.

I also got wailos point but i know other boards where you always see the votes and there was never a problem with that.

just my 2 cents

cheers:)
JayCan

what about making an option for voter if they wants their name to appear or stay anonymous?

as the AH community is growing and getting closer to each other, Some voters may find it too harsh to say it to the DJ face that the show was Bad, in this case, if the name has to appear with vote, they may avoid hitting the vote button as an easier option...

well, for once the forum doesn't support this option - either the poll is public or it isn't, individual votes don't have this property. BUT i don't think it's really necessary. nobody will ever be asked to justify their vote. if you think the set was bad, then vote truthfully and select bad, even (or maybe even more so) if the dj is present. as long as you have good reason to vote what you vote (and it's not just for personal reason, as has happend here - this whole change is for a very good reason indeed), you will be ok. after all, djs (as everyone else) can only improve if they get feedback, and this includes the negative one as well.

overall i think it will improve the quality of the votes. it prevents (or should) votes given without actually having listened and things like that, while on the other hand giving more weight to votes given truthfully.

Last edited:
I agree with the new feature that Dan proposed, but Wailo has some point here:grinning:
The problem is not about the users imo. I can vote whatever I want anonymously or not. I m just a user.
There might be a problem among djs their selves ...Meaning that if dj A votes for "massive" par example for a set of dj B, then he might expect that the other one will do the same for him on his turn..
And I've noticed that happening already, even before the new public version of voting :p

I do understand that some users might want their votes to be anonymous, however I also believe in DJ should know really how their shows are to the listeners... quality..mixing....track selection etc, by having public votes it encourages the voter to be truthful. I'm aiming here for 2 important things:

1. Truthful voting by everyone
  2. By having the above, a DJ will know the truth about the set & if they should improve etc.
Just to outline, voting system is in place to vote on the quality of the shows, so if you vote please do vote only how you rate the show and not how you dislike the DJ from day 1 so you vote BAD :)

Thank you all :hug:

my only comment to those that think voting should be anonymous is this....

i strongly believe in being open and truthful...have the guts to tell people to their face what you think...and most and foremost...stand proud for what you believe in...no need to hide behind anonymity and no need to justify your beliefs :)

This might be slightly off topic atm, but what does "No thanks, not my style" implicate in a voting system?

Is it a way for ( say ) a Tech Trance lover to show his/her disgust upon any random set of Uplifting that is being aired or vice versa?

And for my personal info .. when can or does vote a set "No thanks, not my style"?

my only comment to those that think voting should be anonymous is this....

i strongly believe in being open and truthful...have the guts to tell people to their face what you think...and most and foremost...stand proud for what you believe in...no need to hide behind anonymity and no need to justify your beliefs :)

:super:let's go and burn our bras now :):hug:

This might be slightly off topic atm, but what does "No thanks, not my style" implicate in a voting system?

Is it a way for ( say ) a Tech Trance lover to show his/her disgust upon any random set of Uplifting that is being aired or vice versa?

And for my personal info .. when can or does vote a set "No thanks, not my style"?

yes, pretty much...to me it reflects something that you don't like in terms of STYLE :)

i vote "not my style" if it's something techy or electro or anything like that. meaning that i'm not saying that it's objectively bad, but that i just don't like it at all, personally.

( Thanks ) I read you both dfx and Bucket Queen!

More opinions?

I'm with you on this. To me, "Not my style" says that I'm not a lover of THAT particular style. It says nothing about the set if I hated it but it IS my style.

I mentioned this to Dan yesterday. I think he should add another category to the bottom of the list, just above "Not my style" with a separating line between the "is my style" votes and the "not my style" comment. It should look like this:

MASSIVE!
Good
Decent
Pretty Bad
BUCKET!
-----------
No thanks, not my style

BUCKET! balances MASSIVE!, and "not my style" gains a meaning that actually makes sense in context.

So there you have it. :mask::cat:

:super:let's go and burn our bras now :):hug:

(??)

What bras? I haven't owned any of those torture devices nor its companion, pantyhose, in over 20 years. :lol::cat:

say what you think, do what you're saying.

open vote for sure.
no annonymous option, then rather don't vote but keeping the votes transparent and real, as JayCan suggested you can still follow up on that if it bugs you.
also if there is a really bad vote from your friends it shows the true value of friends and not just some sweet talk to stay popular on the boards.
if a DJ has a problem with that s/he should stay in the bedroom and don't publish at all.

i would fix the vote options like that

MASSIVE!
Good
Decent
Pretty Bad
i hate the dj,i vote shit even if i didnt listen the show at all <--- cause it HAPPENED , many times

and i hope that the public vote works for get those loosers out of that crappy game IMO!

good job dan

Is there a way that we are able to change are votes?

Is there a way that we are able to change are votes?

nope, voted is voted. only an admin (and i think the owner of the poll?) can change votes.

(Root) Admin, Moderators and the creator of the poll can alter them. Standard for any vBulletin, or IPB forum

Back