Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: 27-10-2008 We Unite as One

  1. #1
    AHddicted! Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    19,221

    27-10-2008 We Unite as One


    Hello everyone, have a quick read on the bottom post, kind of important.

    Afterhours community has been growing extremely strong in past 2.5 years of it being launched. I know there has been much more "bad" posting going on in the last few weeks. It really hurts me to see this kind of "behavior" don’t know if that is the kind of word to be used here or not, but I’m sure you understand what I’m trying to say here.

    Basically I would like for all of you to think before you post, there are many cultures here and many types of different people here, however I would like for you to be nice to one another. This is what makes Afterhours (us) unique in this scene; we have a strong well-respected community. So i ask you again please be nice to one another and respectful to the DJ's, if you want to post bad things then this place is NOT for you. Were here to unite and enjoy Trance/Progressive music and also communicate with one another as i call it "family" way.

    This message does not affect all the readers reading this, nor Im picking on anyone specific this is just a reminder

    Please respect one another and respectful to the DJ's, after all were all brothers and sisters.

    comments welcomed and appreciated.

    ps... if everyone follows this, we will be a happy family


    Most listened to Trance Radio - AH.FM
    Love AH.FM? become today.

  2. #2
    AH.FM Addict evyqueen87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    FORT LAUDERDALE , FLORIDA
    Posts
    17,696
    thank you for mentioning this topic....by the way you have done a terrific job in just this pass year. you have made different events from different country's.. and me ... I ....personally appreciate this ...I have met people from other country's that I would have not met without AFTERHOURS.FM.....I even saw ARMIN VAN BUUREN PLAYING MUSIC LIVE.....thank you very much DAN....now back to the topic ,I will keep my coments to my self ....cause I don't wanna get banned for ratting or sniching on some one....but you said it just right............
    http://forum.ah.fm/groups/53-w-w.html

  3. #3
    Universal Language
    DreamensioN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,477
    I fully agree with Dan. Afterhours.FM is no place for intolerance of other people. Trance music unites us all, which is why we're all here in the first place right?
    Download @ DreamensioN.net
    Podcast Subscribe @ Feedburner




  4. #4
    ♫ Pure Trance ♫ Puppet !! Joe-Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cairo,Egypt
    Posts
    5,495
    agreers Wiz U Boss .

    AlwaYs Love & Respect 2 AH

    These Words 're ReallY Appreciated

    Thx

  5. #5
    AH.FM Addict trace of trance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    20,680
    I do agree with all of this Long live the AH community!
    Immoral Monkeys - Portobello (Adam Nickey remix)
    Adam Nickey - Shift
    Sunlounger feat. Zara - Lost

    Dancing is a vertical expression of a horizontal desire

  6. #6
    AH.FM Addict
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    10,925
    i agree as well!
    therefore i wrote it in my "user title"

  7. #7
    Well said Dan I'm totally with you.

    What I find funny is that some people think that if they dislike something that they MUST comment and tell everyone else, that's just not true. "No feedback = Bad feedback", simple as that, it's much easier to not say anything at all, but then that would be the politically correct and friendly way, which a few people don't seem to understand.

    I think it's best to put your energies into appreciating the things you really love, rather than into hating things you don't.

  8. #8
    AH.FM Addict t4e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    18,387
    Quote Originally Posted by djabstraction View Post
    Well said Dan I'm totally with you.

    What I find funny is that some people think that if they dislike something that they MUST comment and tell everyone else, that's just not true. "No feedback = Bad feedback", simple as that, it's much easier to not say anything at all, but then that would be the politically correct and friendly way, which a few people don't seem to understand.

    I think it's best to put your energies into appreciating the things you really love, rather than into hating things you don't.


    maybe i didn't have enough coffee yet...but that to me looks like you're contradicting yourself


    maybe "Bad Feedback=No Feedback" is what you mean? :tongue:
    Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened.

  9. #9
    AHddicted! Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    19,221
    Quote Originally Posted by t4e View Post
    maybe i didn't have enough coffee yet...but that to me looks like you're contradicting yourself


    maybe "Bad Feedback=No Feedback" is what you mean? :tongue:
    i think what he means is when you dont give feedback your not interested.
    Most listened to Trance Radio - AH.FM
    Love AH.FM? become today.

  10. #10
    Yes I mean exactly what I wrote,

    Giving no feedback is the same way as giving bad feedback, basically it shows you don't give enough of a shit to say that it appealed to you.

  11. #11
    AH.FM Addict t4e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    18,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    i think what he means is when you dont give feedback your not interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by djabstraction View Post
    Yes I mean exactly what I wrote,

    Giving no feedback is the same way as giving bad feedback, basically it shows you don't give enough of a shit to say that it appealed to you.


    OK got it , and the gallon of coffee may have helped too


    i still think that if put nicely negative feedback is more useful than silence...its something to think about and maybe work on improving
    Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by t4e View Post
    OK got it , and the gallon of coffee may have helped too


    i still think that if put nicely negative feedback is more useful than silence...its something to think about and maybe work on improving
    yeah I agree totally, but most people don't understand what "constructive" is,

    negative feedback is not constructive feedback

    Being constructive and being negative are 2 totally different things, so if I hear a set then write a comment "this track sucks", that's not constructive, that's 100% negative. If the comment was "this track doesn't really go with the rest of the set in my opinion", that's the same thing, but gives a reason why.

    But even then, if someones set plays and they get 3 posts from people in the forum, that speaks volumes.

  13. #13
    www.defconrecordings.com Lazarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Doncaster, England
    Posts
    13,703
    I think I must've missed the bad posts to be honest - I've always found AH one of the most pleasant and positive of all the forums I go on. I love that it has worldwide appeal and isn't dominated by cliques from any one particular country and that it's the love of the music that we all share

    Regarding the bad feedback issue, I know what Nick is getting at. My personal view is that I've never shed a tear or taken offence to anyone who's said that they don't like my music or my sets. I'm mature enough to realise that taste is subjective and as such you can't castigate anyone for having different tastes. I daren't think how many people worldwide eat rice or drink pure orange juice, for example, billions probably. Yet rice makes me puke and I'm allergic to pure orange juice - does this make me "wrong"? No, it makes me different. And it's always important to remember that every one of us is different, and as a DJ/Producer, it's inevitable that you can't please everybody all of the time.

    So like Nick says, if people post saying "this track sucks" or such, that's not really constructive. It'd be like me abusing everyone in the world who eats rice purely on the basis that I don't like it, which would make no sense at all. But overall, I still think it's true to say that at least giving an opinion either way is preferable to ignoring it altogether, so long as you keep perspective. There are (very seldom) shows on AH that aren't really my thing but that doesn't make the DJ bad, and often I may still tune in and listen anyway just to see how others do things!

    Personally I'm happy that anyone listens to my shows at all, and sometimes a note/comment/email from someone saying how much they enjoyed one of them absolutely makes my day. One time last year I'd had a horrid, horrid day at work and was ready to throw things at the wall when I got home, only to find that I'd had an email from a paramedic in Chicago telling me that they always love to have a CD of me on when they go out on calls and it moved me to tears.

    The one over-riding perspective I think that everyone should keep is that it is the music that brings us all together. Music cares not about territorial boundaries, religious differences, gender or sexual preferences, age discrepancies, or political persuasions, and has brought me more joy in my life than anything else I can think of.

    My personal hope is that AH will continue for many more years bringing that joy and sense of community to a world that sorely needs it
    New show time: Back From The Dead - Every 1st Monday 1900-2100 GMT (2000-2200 CET, 1400-1600 PST)
    Lazarus Twitter | Lazarus Facebook | Defcon Recordings website | Defcon Twitter
    Lazarus on iTunes

  14. #14
    AH.FM Addict Neil Bamford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    I think I must've missed the bad posts to be honest - I've always found AH one of the most pleasant and positive of all the forums I go on. I love that it has worldwide appeal and isn't dominated by cliques from any one particular country and that it's the love of the music that we all share

    Regarding the bad feedback issue, I know what Nick is getting at. My personal view is that I've never shed a tear or taken offence to anyone who's said that they don't like my music or my sets. I'm mature enough to realise that taste is subjective and as such you can't castigate anyone for having different tastes. I daren't think how many people worldwide eat rice or drink pure orange juice, for example, billions probably. Yet rice makes me puke and I'm allergic to pure orange juice - does this make me "wrong"? No, it makes me different. And it's always important to remember that every one of us is different, and as a DJ/Producer, it's inevitable that you can't please everybody all of the time.

    So like Nick says, if people post saying "this track sucks" or such, that's not really constructive. It'd be like me abusing everyone in the world who eats rice purely on the basis that I don't like it, which would make no sense at all. But overall, I still think it's true to say that at least giving an opinion either way is preferable to ignoring it altogether, so long as you keep perspective. There are (very seldom) shows on AH that aren't really my thing but that doesn't make the DJ bad, and often I may still tune in and listen anyway just to see how others do things!

    Personally I'm happy that anyone listens to my shows at all, and sometimes a note/comment/email from someone saying how much they enjoyed one of them absolutely makes my day. One time last year I'd had a horrid, horrid day at work and was ready to throw things at the wall when I got home, only to find that I'd had an email from a paramedic in Chicago telling me that they always love to have a CD of me on when they go out on calls and it moved me to tears.

    The one over-riding perspective I think that everyone should keep is that it is the music that brings us all together. Music cares not about territorial boundaries, religious differences, gender or sexual preferences, age discrepancies, or political persuasions, and has brought me more joy in my life than anything else I can think of.

    My personal hope is that AH will continue for many more years bringing that joy and sense of community to a world that sorely needs it
    here here!! if u havent got anything nice to say then dont say it cos it will spoil it for other people. trance will save the world one day and by knocking peoples interests and stuff shouldnt happen man.
    Tune of the moment: Solarstone - Seven Cities (Pure Mix)

  15. #15
    AH.FM Addict Altered-Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Zenthetic Realm
    Posts
    42,964
    well said Lazarus!
    My mixcloud page ;) http://www.mixcloud.com/zenaltered/ aka DJ Zenthetix ^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Trance Lovers Unite, Live on JTV!
    By fizz in forum Mellow Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jun 12th, 2010, 14:14

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •