Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 27-10-2008 We Unite as One

Granted smart azz comments aren't warranted.Got to admit there are some horrible tracks out there

In the end,all that really matters is the music.

Long live EDM!!

Gotta make it somehow on the dreams you still believe
    Don't give it up!

Couldn't have said it better Lazarus
    a'ndY presents Timetravel on Afterhours.FM
    (every 4th wednesday of the month, 14-15 CET)

mhhhm

okay i got the point.

What i didnt understand is, that the Chief himself DAN must write such a post instead the people they dislike some user posts have th eeggs to tell the ppl directly...

We Unite as One is the main idea and i signe it 100%

the only point i have to be discussed is... that if ppl believe to write something bad cause its their real honest meaning, they better should not write cause it disturbes the harmony ?

So i think also negative feedback is feedback, cause the generall meaning of feedback is, that you say what you have seen, heard whatever, and then discuss about. Like Nick said ..a sentence like that track sux is no feedback BUT to say that track sux cause..... is feedback, so we cant spear out negative feedback we better have to discuss that bad feedback...thats the way i have learned in my life what feedback in his general meaning really is...negative or positive makes no difference if it is based and commented with a meaning...cauz also a post like Wooot on a track is NO feedback ;)

just my thoughts, it can be im totally wrong but i think, only nice feedback may be a wrong way to go forward...more unnice feedback what is based on a meaning and discussed is also helpfull and im surely will not be a liar
    Last edited by JayCan; Oct 28th, 2008 at 22:08.
    Life is a Soundtrack

I see what you mean, but wouldn't you rather get reasoned feedback and know exactly how to improve upon it rather than getting a simple "This sucks" and wrack your brains trying to improve on your sets?

true Tarek...but you have to understand that most ppl here are just listeners and its hard for them to start off the bat by explaining why "this sucks"...its the first expression of their feeling...mind you there are better ways to put it tho..."i don't like this track" etc.....but on the other hand if the DJ is present and cares what audience thinks he will ask for clarification, the comment may be purely based on personal taste for a certain track or maybe there is something in the mixing itself, which in my listening experience it hasn't happened that often that mixing skill was an issue, so its up to the DJ to get that clarified.

Now, the problem i see is that some are not willing to accept any criticism of any kind and will either "hide" and simply watch or ignore the comments completely.

Nobody is perfect, so in order for one to better him/herself they will have to face and be able to deal with all kinds of opinions and comments, take it all, weigh the benefit and if you think its to your advantage to make a change than follow up on it.

Personally i prefer an honest comment of "this is not good" than "this is great" just out of respect only or not to hurt my feelings., because i can inquire about a "this is not good" and try to fix it.

Also this is an open forum and the purpose is for ppl to express opinions as long as its not getting to the point of being rude and obnoxious to the rest of the members comments will always be made.
    Last edited by t4e; Oct 29th, 2008 at 10:00.
    Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened.

Quote Originally Posted by t4e View Post
    Also this is an open forum and the purpose is for ppl to express opinions as long as its not getting to the point of being rude and obnoxious to the rest of the members comments will always be made.
    That's the point...comments must be made (whether negative or positive) but in a nice way. We are EDM (mostly trance) listeners & we are known for having respect 2 one another & most importantly combining all cultures. An educated feedback must say an idea in a nice way, because if it were rude then that would create tension between members.

I love the way this forum is going & i know its future is good. It's been only 5 months im here & already i feel at home & write whatever comes in my mind without thinking that someone would make fun of me. Let's not ruin this & LIVE AS ONE!!

Thank you
    If you like our work, please vote for us on The DJ List:friends: Thank you!

Facebook, Twitter, Youtube

i agree with the points above and the point is even bad feedback is feedback, this is what we need, but when you do the bad feedback please use constructive wording... i mean "this sux" is not feedback.

I would rather like to see something like.. this track i dont like due to the vocals or dont like this beat blah blah.. "this sux" is very vague.

all
    Most listened to Trance Radio - AH.FM
    Love AH.FM? become today.

Compassion

Charter For Compassion :: home

Interestingly connected... look at the personal stories on the right side...

i have no idea at what the negative comments are which dan is referring to. i stumbled across this post while looking for the EYOC 2009 poster but after having read this i have to agree 1000000% with what Lazarus wrote on page 1 of the thread. Eventho I play my shows over at DI.FM and ETN.FM I still consider myself to be a part of AH.FM as AH.FM and Dan, fellow dj's and fans have been nothing but kind to me and for that I thank you all. Let's all just enjoy the music and enjoy create a positive atmosphere. stay happy everyone!

iqy

AH.FM Station Cat Become a supporter now The Cat Lady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iqy View Post
    i have no idea at what the negative comments are which dan is referring to. i stumbled across this post while looking for the EYOC 2009 poster but after having read this i have to agree 1000000% with what Lazarus wrote on page 1 of the thread. Eventho I play my shows over at DI.FM and ETN.FM I still consider myself to be a part of AH.FM as AH.FM and Dan, fellow dj's and fans have been nothing but kind to me and for that I thank you all. Let's all just enjoy the music and enjoy create a positive atmosphere. stay happy everyone!

iqy
    Oh wow. Iqy. I remember you. I've missed you very much. (kiss)
    Janet Elaine Lemoncelli Halpin
    December 18, 1935 - March 14, 2017
    I love you, Mom. I will miss you.

AH.FM Station Cat Become a supporter now The Cat Lady's Avatar
    I'm on board with everything said here in this thread.

I have to say that I'm guilty of saying that something sux. But I don't do it much and everyone generally already knows what I like and don't like. So to simply say, "It sux." is a kind of shorthand for saying, "I really do not care much for these kinds of tracks with the teenie-bop vocals and the minimal tech-prog breakdowns."

And likewise, when I say, "Woot!", what I really mean is, "Oh I just LOVE how this bassline makes me feel like I'm going to have a stroke, and the synths are like flying with God!"

What can I say?

Woot!
    Last edited by The Cat Lady; Jan 28th, 2009 at 04:16.
    Janet Elaine Lemoncelli Halpin
    December 18, 1935 - March 14, 2017
    I love you, Mom. I will miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi View Post
    Comments must be made (whether negative or positive) but in a nice way.

"An educated feedback must say an idea in a nice way, because if it were rude then that would create tension between members. "
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    when you do the bad feedback please use constructive wording... i mean "this sux" is not feedback.

I would rather like to see something like.. this track i dont like due to the vocals or dont like this beat blah blah.. "this sux" is very vague.
    That's the point. It's mark the difference from other forums. If someone has something to say, do it. But in a nice way.
    → Blackcard: www.powersv.co.cc

Still going!! Thanks for your cander and positivity

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information