Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Burning Software ??

  1. #1

    Burning Software ??

    Hi friends

    Wich burning software did you use for Audio CDs on a Microsoft System

    I have shitloads of Problems atm with Media Player Burning and all Versions of Nero...from 50 CDs more than 20 didnt work

    need really fast some help pls



    cheers

  2. #2
    CDBurnerXP: Introduction and News

    but if and only if you manually decode the mp3 files to wav before burning, for example with winamp or any other of the 20 billion tools out there that does it.
    http://dfx.at/sets/ :: http://myspace.com/dfx_dj

  3. #3
    www.defconrecordings.com Lazarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Doncaster, England
    Posts
    13,703
    I hate Nero but it's still the best I've come across so far for what I need it for - generally I just burn at 8x speed or maybe 12x if I'm feeling adventurous and then I don't get that many problems.

    Any suggestions for a decent one that does all the same things as Nero but properly are welcomed!
    New show time: Back From The Dead - Every 1st Monday 1900-2100 GMT (2000-2200 CET, 1400-1600 PST)
    Lazarus Twitter | Lazarus Facebook | Defcon Recordings website | Defcon Twitter
    Lazarus on iTunes

  4. #4
    AH.FM Addict Altered-Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Zenthetic Realm
    Posts
    42,964
    Roxio FTW
    My mixcloud page ;) http://www.mixcloud.com/zenaltered/ aka DJ Zenthetix ^^

  5. #5
    AH.FM Addict 90degrees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,622
    DeepBurner

    free version in download section.


    also mediawise don't go for no-name blanks, always choose branded stuff (Sony, Imation, TDK, BASF/Emtel(?)) and do a test for max speed (burn simulation)
    Last edited by 90degrees; Nov 6th, 2008 at 17:15.

  6. #6
    AH.FM Addict 90degrees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,622
    Quote Originally Posted by dfx View Post
    ...
    but if and only if you manually decode the mp3 files to wav before burning...
    now why would you do that?
    what you want is to leave the compressed original(?) mp3 files alone not to add any degradation within the new de- and encoding process.
    but maybe I'm missing something, what would be the benefit of a bigger wav file over the original mp3, esp as no de/encoder can "guess" the missing bits that were lost in mp3 compression, even when coming from a PCM wav?
    Last edited by 90degrees; Nov 6th, 2008 at 17:29.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by 90degrees View Post
    now why would you do that?
    what you want is to leave the compressed original(?) mp3 files alone not to add any degradation within the new de- and encoding process.
    but maybe I'm missing something, what would be the benefit of a bigger wav file over the original mp3, esp as no de/encoder can "guess" the missing bits that were lost in mp3 compression, even when coming from a PCM wav?
    well there is no encoding process...

    jaycan is asking about audio cds, which contain uncompressed PCM data, same as WAV files. so either you decode the mp3s manually to WAV and burn those on cd (which will burn a perfect digital copy of the PCM data in the WAV file, no reencoding is happening), or the burning software will do the same process for you on the fly. advantage when you do it manually is that you will know the exact length ahead of time instead of having to rely on the burning software to get it right (which it doesn't many times, especially with VBR files). other than that, the resulting data on the cd is the same. and the cd player will just play back the PCM data directly.

    and even if you're using mp3 CDs, there's no diff (quality wise) between using mp3 CDs or uncompressing the mp3s and burning an audio cd and using that. either the decompressing will happen somewhere on the PC, or the cd player will do it, the output will always be PCM.
    http://dfx.at/sets/ :: http://myspace.com/dfx_dj

  8. #8
    AH.FM Addict 90degrees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,622
    I still don't really get it.

    Audio CDs don't have to be wav btw (dependent what your playback medium accepts though) and that JayCan uses wav didn't filter thru his post, I thought he was talking about downloaded mp.3-self-burned-CDs instead of the shop bought factory burnt variant - ergo your advice on "upsampling" and my request on further explanation....if you wouldn't mind..

    Example, i have an 192 kbps mp3 which was originally encoded from a 1411 kbps wav.
    now mp3 isn't lossless hence in (destructive) compression will cut away what the encoder deems unneccesary data to achieve the smaller filesize.

    Now coming from this resulting 192kbps file as the now original file I'm not aware of a program or app or algorithm that could reinject the so lost data to wav dimension and quality.
    Actually i could imagine that because of the higher upsampling rate when converting back to wav to lose detail in it's overexpression and maybe even introduce more noise, I hope I make sense.
    Also why wouldn't everyone buy 96kbps files from beatport (or let's just say the smallest ones available) and upsample them to wav at home?

    sorry for kinda hijacking the thread

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 90degrees View Post
    Audio CDs don't have to be wav btw (dependent what your playback medium accepts though)
    yes they do. audio CDs are per red book standard, they're the old school CDs you can buy in music stores and that you can play in any CD player, and contain 2352 bytes of 44100 Hz, stereo, 16 bit PCM audio data per sector.

    a CD-ROM with a filesystem with audio files is not an audio CD! it's a data CD-ROM with audio files. big difference. and it also doesn't matter what format the audio files are in, even if it's WAV files, it's still a CD-ROM and not an audio CD.


    Quote Originally Posted by 90degrees View Post
    and that JayCan uses wav didn't filter thru his post, I thought he was talking about downloaded mp.3-self-burned-CDs instead of the shop bought factory burnt variant
    no he's definitely on about audio cds, i know his players can read only those.


    Quote Originally Posted by 90degrees View Post
    Example, i have an 192 kbps mp3 which was originally encoded from a 1411 kbps wav.
    now mp3 isn't lossless hence in (destructive) compression will cut away what the encoder deems unneccesary data to achieve the smaller filesize.
    correct.


    Quote Originally Posted by 90degrees View Post
    Now coming from this resulting 192kbps file as the now original file I'm not aware of a program or app or algorithm that could reinject the so lost data to wav dimension and quality.
    also correct. information lost is lost.


    Quote Originally Posted by 90degrees View Post
    Actually i could imagine that because of the higher upsampling rate when converting back to wav to lose detail in it's overexpression and maybe even introduce more noise
    not really. playing back an MP3 file is the same process as converting it to a WAV. as a sound card (or any sort of playback device) can only play back PCM data, an MP3 player has to convert the MP3 data to PCM first, and then stream the PCM to the sound card (which in essence is just a DAC chip). so the result is the same.


    Quote Originally Posted by 90degrees View Post
    Also why wouldn't everyone buy 96kbps files from beatport (or let's just say the smallest ones available) and upsample them to wav at home?
    i know that you cannot get back any quality lost in MP3 compression
    Last edited by dfx; Nov 6th, 2008 at 19:13.
    http://dfx.at/sets/ :: http://myspace.com/dfx_dj

  10. #10
    AH.FM Addict 90degrees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,622
    I'm sure you know that, and wasn't meant in any bad way, just a thought in the flows of my confused mind in lack of understanding.
    thanks for the time, I got the PCM bit though i thought it had to be documented within the file, hence my thinking about PCM audio NOT equal to PCM mp3.
    but as there is no real PCM mp3 the de/encoders just translate the given file/size/bitrate to the same nominator.
    still seems a lot of bloat to me but as not all players will play mp3 that's prolly the way, kinda virtual Video8 to VHS cassette adapter.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by 90degrees View Post
    thanks for the time, I got the PCM bit though i thought it had to be documented within the file, hence my thinking about PCM audio NOT equal to PCM mp3.
    but as there is no real PCM mp3 the de/encoders just translate the given file/size/bitrate to the same nominator.
    now i can't follow you at all, lol.

    MP3 isn't PCM. (PCM = raw uncompressed audio data)

    Quote Originally Posted by 90degrees View Post
    still seems a lot of bloat to me but as not all players will play mp3 that's prolly the way, kinda virtual Video8 to VHS cassette adapter.
    well my CDJs are able to play MP3 CDs, but i still prefer regular audio CDs, simply because reading and playing back MP3 CDs requires a lot of processing and i won't trust them to get it right. audio CDs are as simple as it gets. (and in fact i did try spinning on them with MP3 CDs once and didn't like it at all, it was acting kinda stubborn when seeking etc. much smoother with audio CDs)
    http://dfx.at/sets/ :: http://myspace.com/dfx_dj

  12. #12
    AH.FM Addict piccoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Lisbon, Portugal, Portugal
    Posts
    79,562
    if you want to convert mp3 to wmv i use this software and works very well, not a single cd was wasted


    MP3 CD Converter - Burn MP3 to audio CD - Cda to MP3 Converter Software


    and it burns at the same time, i know Jaycan asked for a burner, but i wanted to show this too

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by piccoli View Post
    if you want to convert mp3 to wmv i use this software and works very well, not a single cd was wasted
    wut?
    http://dfx.at/sets/ :: http://myspace.com/dfx_dj

  14. #14
    AH.FM Addict piccoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Lisbon, Portugal, Portugal
    Posts
    79,562
    Quote Originally Posted by dfx View Post
    wut?


    LOL i mean mp3 to audio CD WAV

  15. #15
    Oki


    Thank you all

    i fixed it...was some problems wih the interne Media Player settings

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Software Mixing
    By SentriX in forum Music Discussion
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: Oct 1st, 2009, 05:33
  2. Mixing Software?
    By tony702 in forum Music Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 20th, 2009, 16:48
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Apr 19th, 2009, 03:20
  4. Saint Rush - Burning Red Skies (Original Mix)
    By Altered-Mind in forum New Track Reviews & Promotion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 7th, 2008, 05:33

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •