Thread: Noise Isolating Earphones

Noise Isolating Earphones

I know you DJs like to show off your nice headphones, but I prefer earphones as they are smaller and easier to transport and offer pretty good comfort.

Maybe some of you might be able to help me out here..

I've got some Creative labs EP-830 earphones on me right now..I'm thinking of "upgrading" maybe to something like this

Etymotic Research, Inc. - Earphone Comparision

I was hoping you guys could help me out..I'm not too willing on going over 90 or so CAD dollars..(I know the Etymotic is 150 min..I was just giving an example)

Thanks

isnt that expensive?

199$
    Most listened to Trance Radio - AH.FM
    Love AH.FM? become today.

Yeah it is, but sometimes you find good deals on stuff that resemble or are superior ..

I'm not in a rush or anything, but if people have input, well it helps..as stock earphones and the 10$ ones you find at your local electronics store don't last too long..

Quote Originally Posted by Tarek View Post
    Yeah it is, but sometimes you find good deals on stuff that resemble or are superior ..

I'm not in a rush or anything, but if people have input, well it helps..as stock earphones and the 10$ ones you find at your local electronics store don't last too long..
    got some Sennheiser Ears on the moment at least last for 2 years... also when you use it alot...
    just like creative sennheiser got some good ears for a relevant good price..
    www.youtube.com/trancetrouble

You need to look into moulded 'monitors' if you want isolation. The only problem with having in ear monitoring is that because of the small cone size of the driver there is a limit to the amplification and frequencies that can be outputted.

I have the Technics headphones (same as Armin) and theyre great for isolation, they are however too big. My next pair will be the Senheisers HD25's (or 125's whatever) as ive used these several times at a few gigs and they are quality.

Don't those have open backs though? Doesn't that kinda diminish the "isolating" effect?

got some creative in-earphones too and really happy with them, also they come with 3 different sizes of rubbers so that they will surely fit and stay in your ear when you listen to your music.. they cost me a bit but well, it's worth it's price.
    Crossing Borderlines / 2nd Saturday Monthly / 15 CET
    Facebook fanpage Config: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Confi...952313?fref=ts
    visit www.djconfig.com !
    and download my latest mixes !

Auravanas I'm guessing? Hey btw what do you guys think of the X-FI sound enhancement feature they have in their sound cards and now one of their headphones..ever tried those before?

Thread Information