Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AH.FM Music Style Guide

Quote Originally Posted by 90degrees View Post
    Replay of Markus Schulz?

so starting with a slow chill out tune and ending in psy, maybe with a progressive breaks track (NOT breakbeat) in the breakdown of the set (of which genre a lot of tracks contain trancey elements) and ending in psy would be a no-no, three out-of-line tracks too much?
    I mean if it fits the flow and works overall for the set - why not?
    Maybe just a tiny bit more disgression like 1-3 tracks or 25%/75% and the advice for the DJs to make sure that those work?
    Just thoughts running about...
    Nahh wasnt Schulz

You have missunderstood what i wanted to say....i meant that inbetween the set there can be alot variations in style but without the NoNos Dan said above....a set should NOT be the way that a DJ plays the styles not matching to AH and as an Alibi he plays 2 or 3 tracks from the general Trance styles, but exact this was very often in the past...DJs played sets they didnt match to AH and then played a few tracks just to say "i had Trance in my set "

got me ??
    Life is a Soundtrack

Perhaps introduce a poll on the thred like we aready have 'Appropriate' and 'Non-Appropriate' choices. More than a certain amount of 'Non' votes gets the show stripped. After all the listeners will be the ones voting and if theyre not happy with what they're hearing then the show should be stripped.

While there is a crack down in order i think a few shows should be put under investigation. I know these DJs are supporting AH by 'donating' monthly when they submit their shows but some of the shows on here are rubbish, bad mixing, track selections all over the place and (with schossows show) swearing. - Many people have told me they have tuned in and out pretty much straight away.

Swearing should not tollerable on a station that is available to all ages. If I run a record shop and wanted to broadcast AH in my shop. A DJ comes on an swears all over the shot my License would be stripped and AH would be placed under investigation from OffCom (or different bodies for different countries). This is an extreme case but swearing is not needed.

Just my two cents.

I agree with Will, this swearing has been addressed already, I think we came to a agreement and the swearing during that show and any shows wont be accepted on AH...

Your idea with the record shop, someone emailed me few months back saying they wanna broadcast AH in their indoor skating ring somewhere in USA, but due to this show he can't.

So once again i believe this issue is solved.
    Most listened to Trance Radio - AH.FM
    Love AH.FM? become today.

AH.fm has been for trance music & must always be that way to save that style. It's been a great work Dan & all members are doing.
    This station will always do well as long as it's controlled well. Swearing is not for us & doesn't suit us...we are known for our educated standards & decent character...
    Long live trance & let it stay clean \o/
    If you like our work, please vote for us on The DJ List:friends: Thank you!

Facebook, Twitter, Youtube

Uplifting Trance
    www.myspace.com/DeJokerDJ

Quote Originally Posted by Zul View Post
    Uplifting Trance

i prefer call it just trance, pure trance

This is a very usefull post. Thanks for the clarification. Good for DJs I guess but good for listeners, including myself, who now clearly knows what to expect.

And I think that it is very wise to allow for some exceptions, even if they are rare and specific. It's a bit like Wikipedia's rule "ignore all rules". I believe it is healthy for the future of AH.FM.

If you have problems interpretation what the exact style is, but you know it's a sub genre of trance and progressive, as long as you see the listeners are liking it, it is legal on AH.FM

if not many pepl want 2 listen 2 other genres then why the hell is schossows show packed with listeners?????????????????????????????
    What do you mean its necrophilia, She's still warm....

Quote Originally Posted by Psytronic View Post
    if not many pepl want 2 listen 2 other genres then why the hell is schossows show packed with listeners?????????????????????????????

I actually looked at last nites graph..

during schossow there is 250 drop...

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/815/20112008ua0.png
    Most listened to Trance Radio - AH.FM
    Love AH.FM? become today.

Quote Originally Posted by Psytronic View Post
    You should know also people are tuning in for exactly Schossow his style & Also the number of listeners depend a bit on the promotion of it.

its a good idea, could be applicated to other forums..

AH FAN
    I dont agree, this station needs way more progressive house and also a little bit deephouse/techno etc. to keep things interesting here...
    24/7 trance is a no-go for me absolutely. Love trance but theres more than that.

I prefered psy trance

I am a newbie to Trance and all I know is that I like what AH plays. I don't know what all of the different types of Trance are... can someone point me in the right direction?
    Thanks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information