Afterhours Radio on IPv6

Status
Not open for further replies.

gna

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a newbie on the IPv6 thing, but my first search was IPv6 ah.fm, but i found nothing.

What do you think? Is it possible to have an IPv6 enabled relay?

regards

Greg

Oh a short impression, an easy way to get an IPv6 endpoint is at sixxs.net, they are very helpful. But if one of the relay servers is colocated where the provider has the infrastructure for IPv6, then it's -i think- easy.

EDIT: Maybe i posted it on the wrong place. But where should i post it otherwise?
This was an idea, that i tried to tell the AH staff.

This could be accomplished so:
First step to check if any of the current relays can have an IPv6 address (that can be done by the serveradmin)
Also a first step to check if the sreaming software supports IPv6.
Next step is to get an IPv/ address, register it into DNS, then set up the streaming server, and publish the link.

Sounds easy ?

Greg

Last edited:
AFAIK none of the hosting places of our relay servers provide IPv6...

in fact i'm pretty certain shoutcast doesn't support ipv6 at all, which doesn't really make it easier...

Yes, i see.
It's also only in the newest icecast2: 2.3.2.

I'll test then on my own. If you don't mind, i will create a test setup of icecast relay (not much traffic only 1 listener: me)

regards

Greg

Yeah i managed to get a second ipv6 tunnel, so i actually listen to ah.fm on ipv6 at home from the test relay on my office PC, the tunnels are slovenia marbior to frankfurt germany and a 48k stream does not skip (the uplink in the offce is 1mbit for everything.)

In Austria i think Telekom Austria works on IPv6, but they dont provide tunnels, i found none :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back