"On Air Now" box at the top of the page...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilMetcalfe

Registered
Reaction score
....always says connecting to server. Not sure if its just my computer or a known issue? Thought I'd let ya know anyway! :):grinning:

never seen that, always works here :)

hm never seen that either... can you make a screenshot maybe? and do you have any firewall in place that might prevent outgoing connections?

Usually a site here should look like this at the top of the page:

(I hope you can understand my following description :angel:)

Tune In Box
On Air Now Box on the right​

HOME | PROFILE | MEMBERS | CALENDAR | RESIDENTS | SEARCH | CHAT | STORE | DONATE

Google Advertisement

Notices-box:

and so on and so forth

I had the same problem in the beginning and the On Air Now-box always shows me this:

Connecting to server. Please wait...

A few days later I found out that I had a Content Blocker enabled. After disabling it (or especially the parts of it that blocks this site) I always see the actual show displayed in the On Air Now Box.

Are you using Firefox with the Adblock Plus Addon or something similar?

This could be the reason for your problem.

Last edited:
If you are using Firefox with extensions such as Adblock Plus (+ Filterset G) and/or NoScript, be sure to either disable them while browsing the website here,or make ah.fm an exception for each of the content blocker extensions you have.

Edit: woops..Squall beat me to it..

hm never seen that either... can you make a screenshot maybe? and do you have any firewall in place that might prevent outgoing connections?

I'm using a Firefox on Mac OS X. It's worked previously but now doesn't? :( I have tried using Safari and that works ok so it must be a Firefox problem. I don't have any Ad-Blockers installed/running. I've attached a picture to show you what it says.:crazy::confused:

It might be noscript, if you're connecting from a uni or something they might have streaming blocked. Do you also have the appropriate adobe flash plugin? The "on air now" box uses adobe flash player 9

It might be noscript, if you're connecting from a uni or something they might have streaming blocked. Do you also have the appropriate adobe flash plugin? The "on air now" box uses adobe flash player 9

I'm connecting from home. It's just a bit odd, cos like I say, it did used to work. I have the latest Flash Plug-in installed and I've looked through all the Firefox pref's to no avail. :( Guess I'm stuck with it for now.

Oh and I've also sent Firefox a feedback form thing highlighting the problem. I shall see if anything comes back from it.

Only thing I didn't try........clear the cache. Usually the first thing I'd have done. Working now!!

In the FF Tools/Options/Privacy tab (prolly different funky names on the Mac) you can set to clear cache everytime you close the browser. also helpful to clear your tracks when visiting certain sites, erm, uhm, obviously christmas shopping sites and stuff...:)

Hamster for Entertainment Minister
Capt'n Slow for Education.
Stig for Transport.
UK sorted.
:grinning:

On air now - not working

Hi!

Dunno if it has been posted before, but in the upper right corner, it says 'Connecting to server. Please wait...'. I'm interested in a flash or AJAX method of retrieving metadata from a radio stream (also for my own little radio station for friends), too. If it isn't working for you either so It's not just me who can't see the 'now playing' in there, we could figure it out together how to make it work. :)

Firsh

I have Firefox 3.0.10. And in the world of quality web design there shouldn't be differencies in browsers -.-

threads merged....

the box works fine in all browsers

....always says connecting to server. Not sure if its just my computer or a known issue? Thought I'd let ya know anyway! :):grinning:

I'm seeing that as well but I can't seem to get mine working no matter what :angry:

I don't like it at all :wall::wall::wall::wall:

Last edited:
hmhm.. yeah.. tonight i see only that connecting message too..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back