Ehren Stowers - Both Worlds [Perceptive Recordings]

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
headerhd6.jpg

Some might remember Ehren Stowers from his first release on Perceptive Recordings called "Icarus". He also collaborated with Simon Bostock and they formed the track "Sudden Impact" which was released earlier this year as well. The guys behind Perceptive liked Ehren's style so much that they decided to give him a second release on their imprint. This time they've called all the big guns in their phone book and brings us no less than 4 remixes!
26761150sj0.jpg

Original Mix
I was a real fan of Ehren's track First Sun so I'm hoping for something in the lines of that. Enjoying the base (drums and the nice discover'ish bassline) this track has. What I enjoy even more is the heavenly arpeggio Ehren placed on top. He adds some lush airy sounds just before the break which makes it a pure dreamer. The breakdown has some light and emotional guitar strings and beautiful synths to back it up. I'm not the type who cries listening to a tune but I'm telling you it was close here.

Tom Colontonio Remix
RecoverWorld favourite Tom Colontonio serves us a remix here which has already gained some proper support. A bit of a peak-time trancer with a darker edge. I don't feel that he captured all the emotion that the original has but certainly good if you want that extra dose of power. Not always been fond of his productions but this mix is actually quite nice.

Redstar Vision
Steve Bolger has just showed the world that what his sound is all about with his Awakening EP on Enhanced Recordings. This would be his second appearance on Perceptive. This remix makes a great combination of the emotion from the original and Steve's own signature. The bassline and the pads is what really makes this track so outstanding.

A.M.R. Remix
Amr Hashisho aka A.M.R. is one of my favourite trance producers of today. He took a different road with this mix, not leaning so much toward the original. Still keeping it uplifting but changing things in the breakdown. The mix has a long breakdown where some beautiful piano enters backed up by some soothing sounds.

Pulstate Light Mix
A progressive trancer from Pulstate rounds of the package and creating some diversity and flavour. Liking the soft bass and the laid back feel it has to begin with. I'm really enjoying the melodic aspect of this mix, it is so beautiful, but he fused it with a really filthy bassline and I honestly don't feel it goes that well together. There is nothing wrong with the bassline to be honest but there are points in the track where it takes charge.

Releasedate: 15.12.2008

You can preview all mixes on the Perceptive website on the link below.

Links:
Perceptive Recordings Website

Available on CDJshop.com

pr013cdur5.jpg

Click here to order a copy.

Back