Thread: Uncovered with Chris Harrington & Robert Janzen @ The Turnstyle

Uncovered with Chris Harrington & Robert Janzen @ The Turnstyle

well i went to this event and interviewed both Chris Harrington & Robert Janzen ,this was one kickass event and i thought they both did a great job, this is what they had to say:

Robert Janzen::

What made you want to become a DJ?

"I had a couple different influences. Firstly my good dj friend Chris Harrington got me hooked to electronic music. But my love for djing first started when I saw Andy Hunter live. I was inspired by his style and energy and I wanted to be up there doing the same thing."

What style's of music do you play?

"Almost always electro house, but I like to throw in the occasional breaks."

How old were when you started to DJ?

"At 15 I first started listening to electronic music and by 16 I had started making my own tracks. That same year I bought my first dj equitment and started learning to dj."

Who was your biggest inspiration and why?
    "Two big influences. For djing, I've always loved listening to Axwell's sets. His style and energy are extrordinary and there a lot of feeling in what he does. My biggest for inspirations for music production would have to be Eric Prydz. "

What do you think of tonights event?
    "I think Chris has done a great job organizing everything. He really has a passion for what he does and it shows on and off the decks. There seems to be a great energy in the venue, and for the first event i think its gone really well!"

Thank you for answering these questions::

"Thanks for coming out, hope to see you at our next event!"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris Harrington::

What made you want to become a DJ?

"I have an amazing friend called Andy Hunter who is an awesome DJ and he just sort of got me into it over time and then after about a year or so of being intrested in DJing i went to one of his shows and there was this one moment i was like"I have got to get into this!" so from that moment on i was set on being a DJ"

What style's of music do you play?
    "Mostly House. I try not to classify myself under one genre as it changes from night to night. "

How old were when you started to DJ?

"14 or 15? im not sure it was about 3 years ago."

Who was your biggest inspiration and why?
    "Andy Hunter. Hands down he has been the biggest insipration to me. Without him i and my friend Chris i would not be DJing today. "

What do you think of tonights event?

"Oh man! it went 100 times better than i ever expected. Im going to be doing another one in March so look out for it."

Thank you for answering these questions::
    "Your welcome man. Anytime!"

Thread Information