ATA - Blue Skies [Infrasonic Recordings] // Review

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
156947halfwidthst1.png

It feels like it has been a little quiet around Infrasonic for a while now even though we only have to turn back time to October where they released Mads Kiholm's "Journey Into Love". Infrasonic has picked up a new name this time. Tudoran Andrei Adi aka. ATA from Romania is probably a guy we are going to hear a lot more from and here we have his first single which is called "Blue Skies". The Temple One rmx has already recieved a couple of plays by Above & Beyond on their show "Trance Around The World" and now the release, including 3 remixes, is soon to hit the download stores.
51245150td4.jpg

Original Mix
A rather slammin' kick to start out with. At a very early point a reverbed synth hits you and a arpeggio launches in the background. I love when a track starts out like this, so that you don't have to wait the usual one-and-a-half-minutes to get some melody. The bassline sets in and soon one is sorrounded by gentle warm pads and a lush melody. This feels like a really good intro track. A really good start.

Temple One Remix
This has already recieved some support on a wide range of shows. Temple One is known for his beautiful pads and emotional melodies - excited about this one. There is no doubt that this is Joe who did this remix - his trademark sound is all over this track. Loving the percussion/drums that aren't too rough yet still trancy. Those pads are definitely the back bone of this track carrying it all the way through. The breakdown is long and very emotional and perfect for that peak-time hour.

Estiva Remix
Estiva who is well known for his releases on Enhanced Recordings is bringing us a different remix. He has taken a bit of a new direction lately which we saw on his Strawberry Fields EP with the track "Fake Snake". The percussion setup is more on the mininal/housier side of things. The track has a nice bassline and some cool effects. Later on a bell sound enters which is mixed with a guitar at a point. I don't feel like these two elements go that well together and I think he should have left one of them out. There is nothing wrong with the production skills here but this style which has been adapted by a few producers lately, just doesn't do that much for me.

Andy Tau Remix
Andy Tau has been working on overtime in the studio lately and is once more remixing a tune for Infrasonic. He also had a track called "The Path" earlier this year which is one of the better releases from this label in my opinion. This remix has a slightly more 'raw' trance sound to it. Andy has an exotic flute sound going on along with the bassline which is working really well. The tune has two breaks, and it just feels like they are both missing something. I would have expected this tune to make a huge peak but it just never really happens. It seems that Andy had some great ideas when he worked on this remix but it also feels like there a few blank spaces waiting to be filled.

Overall this is a very fine release from Infrasonic. None of the remixes sound the same and the quality is top notch. Not every single remix did it for me, but surely a lot of people will appreciate what I can't. The Original Mix and Temple One Remix will be a part of my winamp playlist for a couple of months for sure.

www.infrasonic-recordings.com
MySpace.com - Infrasonic-Recordings - UK - Trance - www.myspace.com/infrasonicrecordings
MySpace.com - ATA / Producer / Remixer - Iasi - Trance / Progressive / Electronica - www.myspace.com/atamuzik

Last edited:
Im looking forward to this release. ATA is one of my personal favorites!:) Also curious about the remixes as well!:grinning:

Amazing Track & Remixes avaliable on the 8th Dec on Audiojelly

Just lurve the Temple Remix, Can't get enough of it, so glad its available for download now. :grinning:

amazing track, luv it :wub:

Temple One Remix is my fav one from this release ;) and it was one of my most wanted tracks this year :p :)

Temple one remix is my favorite! But the mastering could be better...

Back