Sclavonia - Thalia / Erato / Calliope [Addictive Global]

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
addglo005qd8.jpg

Dawid Zaborny & Michal Szerlag from Poland already have two singles out and a remix on Vandit Digital and the Addictive Global label as well. This is the fifth release on Addictive Global and they once again present a huge package with various sound variations. Sclavonia have created no less than 3 original productions each of them named after the daughters of Zeus (Greek mythology) and each production has a remix to compliment it. Hensha, Michael Angelo and Immoral Monkeys are on the remix duties - this doesn't look bad at all!
1482865150mf4.jpg

Thalia
The Original Mix of Thalia starts out with a beautiful progressive xylophone pattern and a deep soft bass and light closed and open hats. It has got that classic deep coldharbour bassline which takes me a few years back when progressive trance was going strong. As the tune progresses a few layers of different synths are added and the melodies in the break are working really well. The Hensha Remix is, as expected ,an uplifting way of interpreting this tune. I've noticed that he never pushes the melody all the way to the front, but instead unites all parts of his sound bits. Blissful synth layers and great use of piano is what you get in this mix.

Erato
2nd up is the Original Mix of Erato. It has a long intro and a bassline that builds from deep to a bouncy electro piece and the beat much is harder than in the previous tune. An array of guitar strings sets in after the intro part and an arpeggio is again adding that progressive trance feel to the track. Immoral Monkeys has yet again worked out a remix with softer and housier beats but powerful trancy sounds and a huge lead. This remix is slower in terms of tempo but it feels so much more uplifting than the original.

Calliope
A more upbeat production from the Sclavonia boys. Diverting from the previous progressive theme this one is has got a thick bassline, synth stabs and some floaty light melodies. Quite subtle melodies which never really kicks off for real. It feels like this tune was just meant to be remixed. Michael Angelo seems like a producer who could spice up this tune up a notch. A hard bass, reverbed clap and a rolling bassline is the base of the track. Some pads are introduced and melodies slowly workes their way in and over the track. Lately I've admired his clear and crisp sound and in this remix you will get just that.

Addictive Global have signed some interesting names so far and has a wide range of different producers signed to their label already. Thalia is a great progressive trancer with some beautiful melodies but the Michael Angelo Remix of Calliope is the star of this release. Lastly I have to say that the lead in the Immoral Monkeys remix of Erato is really addictive.

Releasedate: 24.01.2009

Links:
MySpace.com - Addictive Global - Miami Beach, Florida - Trance / Electronica / Club - www.myspace.com/addictiveglobal
MySpace.com - Sclavonia - Sanok / Piekary Slaskie, PL - Trance / Progressive / Trance - www.myspace.com/sclavonia

Feel free to discuss and comment in this thread

Now available on CDJshop:
addglo005cdoi1.jpg

Click Here

Last edited:
Thalia (Hensha Remix) owns!!!!! my favorite!!

the Michael Angelo Remix of Calliope is so sweet! amazing!

Back