AF Project - Moonlight Madness [Flashover Recordings] // Review

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
flashoverlogomc8.jpg

Flashover have had a great year. They started out with tracks like Anticipation and Into The Dark and are now rounding things off with the likes of Aden's Dream and now this one called Moonligh Madness. When it comes to remixes new talents has been spotted and picked up. We saw Muzikjunki work out a remix of Radio Crash, Heatbeat did a remix of Alive, Leon Bolier remixed Embrace and now a release with two new names. Temple One and Sergey Shemet has created a version each of Flashover's end-of-the-year tune. Let's see what Ferry Corsten's own imprint have to
offer this time.

It seems like months ago when I heard this tune for the first time. I learned that Anton Firtich was behind it and got even more excited. He is too behind the amazing Rain Over The Ocean which recived great support earlier this year. The beginning of this Original Mix is a base of lovely tight percussion and a strong kick drum. Melodies slowly starts to come flowing into the track and the Cosmic Gate'ish bassline kicks in. From there the tune builds and builds till the break is reached. Quite an impressive breakdown loaded with warm pads which reminds me of Corsten and Helstrip's Sublime.

Temple One is behind the first remix. The tempo has been knocked up a notch and the trancy clap has been added. The melodies are floaty, dreamy and warm. There aren't many similarities compared to the original. Overall I still feel that the result is quite pleasing. He reflects his own style very well, and he still manages to capture the feel from the leading pad in Anton's track. As a listener you might get confused at times though, as melodies resembles Above & Beyond's Alone Tonight.

As mentioned earlier two remixes were to be found on this release. Sergey Shemet starts out with a kick drum that ranks in the middle between electro house and trance. The clap is quite similar to the ones that Corsten has used in many of his electro minded productions. The tune has a lot of melody going on and one could say it sounds like it's almost tailored for the Flashover label. A powerful remix that fits well on this release and compliments the original.

This is a release I've been looking forward to for a while now and I'm not dissapointed. There aren't any huge surprises but still this is definitely in the Flashover top 5 for this year.

Releasedate: 22.12.2008

Links:
Flashover Recordings
MySpace.com - Anton Firtich - Kazan, RU - Trance / House - www.myspace.com/antonfirtich

Temple one remix is amazing!

Gots good mastering this time.

Back