BassT4ken - First Live with CDJ 400

BassT4ken

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, here is my first Live with my CDJ 400 that i promised you :)

It's at home of course, not a gig badly ^^

I had my 400s 2 weeks ago, I think it's not bad to begin :D

Tracklist (select to see) :

01. Jon O'Bir feat Emi - Tell Me (Extended Version)
02. Ronski Speed - Revolving Doors (Club Mix)
03. Stan Void - Transience (Jorn Van Deynhoven Remix)
04. Galen Behr vs Hydroid - Carabella (Galen Behr vs Orjan Nilsen Remix)
05. Sequentia pres. Sunshade - Vertigo (Ian Betts Remix)
06. Lemon & Einar K - Anticipation
07. Ucast - Dream (Digitalis Remix)
08. Foundry - Believe (Fast Distance Remix)
09. AF Project - Moonlight Madness (Temple One Remix)
10. Substate - Horizon (Original Mix)
11. Ferrin & Low - Atlanta (Original Mix)
12. Ben Gold - Life (Sean Tyas Remix)
13. Bart Claessen & Dave Schiemann - Madness (I Prefer This Mix)
14. Quillroader and Tokugawas Drums - Mayan Sun (Original Mix)

Link :

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

excellent idea hiding the tracks like that, i prefer not knowing whats going to play:grinning:

excellent idea hiding the tracks like that, i prefer not knowing whats going to play:grinning:

Yeah, I prefer to see the tracklist after :)

But there are a lot of sets on the net so sometimes you need a tracklist to deicide if you'll download or not so I had that idea :D

set is downloaded, review will come when i get around to listening to it (eoyc is taking up a lot of listening time :p)

ok here's my review :)

track selection: first two tracks weren't my cup of tea really, i understand you wanted to start off slow and then build it, as many other djs do, so it's a matter of taste really. personally i just feel there's better ways to start off slowly, or you can also try get into the banging stuff right away - feels weird as a dj, but can work well for the listeners :)
after that quite good choons and builing up nicely, enjoyed it, good work :)
last two tracks again not quite my cup of tea, too techy for me. again a matter of taste and you probably wanted to end with a bang, again personally i think there's better ways to do that. but well, thats just me :)

and as for mixing... beatmatching seemed quite good overall, maybe off by a notch or so at some of the transitions, but definitely a good job for the short time youre doing it :) also you seemed to able to correct it before it went off too bad, so very good :)
mixing generally seemed to lack a bit of fine feel on the faders and eq, transitions seemed quite short and the cutting/quick fading of some of the eqs in a short time was quite audible, may want to work on that a bit :) usually longer running transitions work out better, theres more opportunities to create a real blend of the different parts of the track (and also give you more opportunities to screw up, lol), but they also require more experience, keep going and you'll get there eventually :)
timing was very good on most of the transitions, i noticed it was off by 2 bars once i think, and once the transition went from a break into a break, this rarely works out well. but i'm sure you noticed that yourself too :)

overall way to go, especially for such a short time, keep going :)

Last edited:
Thank you, really great review, that's pleasant.

Yeah, I knew you were more pure uplifting trance listener but yes, that's taste ^^ I like to begin with some prog and then to finish with tech trance and between, uplift ;)

I had my CDJ on 19th December so yes, I hope I'll improve more :)
Thank you for a review like that ;)

Cool that you got the CDJ400s, I got some as well and I enjoy them a lot! How have you found them to be so far? I will download now but will have to leave comments after the new years partying is done lol.

Cool that you got the CDJ400s, I got some as well and I enjoy them a lot! How have you found them to be so far? I will download now but will have to leave comments after the new years partying is done lol.

Eheh, that's my first CD deck so I can't compare but I find it really pleasant :super:
Before, I had a console mixer, Hercules MK2.

That's ok :wink: Thank you

OK .... i've listened the whole set .... very nice one !!

TRack selection is really nice, like mantisdj said, there is progression, which i like. And as a vocal lover, i was happy with the first 2 tracks ;)

About the transition, its like he said i guess but my simple listeners ears werent chocked. Some of them are fast but it doesnt sound bad !

Great work, keep it this way :)

Back