Impressions

JayCan

Registered
Reaction score
Hi my dear Afterhours Family, my dearest friends and DJS

I want to reflect a bit this Years End Of Year Countdown. Its not over now but only 20 Sets to go until it finishes.

This Year DAN and the Staff worked really hard to make a real big Show with over 300 DJs , means 300 hours of exclusive Sets and outstanding musik and i thank alot for that.

I was taken part in that Megaevent and i listened to near 70% of these sets and downloaded alot.

What i need to say is, that i was a bit bored of some sets. I thought every DJ will do a real Bomb coz this is the biggest Online Musik Event ever, but the truth is, that some sets sound like a normal monthly show and for that im bored.
I dont want to be missunderstood. Every DJ had made a real good set and who i am to say anything against. What i mean is, that some sets are all equal. Means that the choice of tracks was the same, the arangement was the same etc.....has nothing to do with the skills of the DJ:wink:
What i mean is, that when i listen 245 hours of musik and the most of it is a replay of the same tracks and arrangement it starts to boring and so its not longer something really special. In that case we heard alot of BIG Names in the maintimes with "normal" sets and on other side there were no name DJs with awesome outstanding sets in the late night.

On the oher side we had some real real OUTSTANDING sets this year. For those i gave the BORAT Price, that means these Sets were really over the rest. These sets were touching and well arranged, had a good Trackselection and a tribe.

(the Story of BORAT: BORAT was a funny Gif i always gave Manuel Le Saux and some other DJs for some real outstanding tracks in their sets. With the time ppl recognised that it is a Price for extraordinary Music and so the meaning of getting a BORAT grows massively. So for this EOYC i decide to make this PRICE more bigger...to give it to the really best DJs during this event. No one than me can give a Borat in that way...it has become a lil Trademark here on AH and has created a real History and DJs really apreciate it when there is a BORAT arround, given from me officially in the Showthreads ...so the Story goes :ee: )

So here is list the BORATS given, the Number has nothing to say :

Borat No 1: LAZARUS
Borat No 2: DISTAND LAND
Borat No 3: MED & NEIL BAMFORD
Borat No 4: IAN BUFF
Borat No 5: DFX
Borat No 6: T4E
Borat No 7: RONNY K.
Borat No 8: FERRY CORSTEN
Borat No 9: DEEPRESS
Borat No 10 & 11: MANUEL LE SAUX
Borat No 12: AKIRA KAYOSA
Borat No 14: STAM ARISTO

Yeah and the Audience gave ME a Borat too for my set :ee: so

Borat No 13: JAYCAN

Armin also had had a Borat but after i recognised that it wasnt a set exclusive mixed for this EOYC i decide to take away.
There were so many DJs doing their work well and really exclusive and made an extra set for this, so why only a Rip from a Show ??

All in all a great Show but to much repeaten Tunes...okay not easy but i heared some they managed to make a set not only playing the handfull of overplayed tunes

My hate Tune of this EOYC is Rank 1 L.E.D. there be Light
I counted and i came over 100 times the song was played

so in the end i just need to say...this is all my personal meaning and i wish a EOYC 2009 with more exclusive sets, more outstanding sets and that the DJs didnt play only the actual top 20 tunes then more that what they personal really like...wheres the own meaning :p:ee::friends:

any comments ???:bravo:

THANK YOU DAN AND STAFF FOR THIS AWESOME EVENT
:bow::bow:

Last edited:
Thx Jaycan for ur Post :) ... For My P.O.V That EOC made History for AH Again & Again For Organizing Such a massive event & 'ving 300 DJs From Allover The World For Exclusive mixes :) ... Ah Ownz

I'm So Proud & happy For Particpating on That Big Event

I Liked Many sets & didnt hate Anyone ( Just a few Took pass ) ...

Thx for all My friends ( Ah ers ) & for Supporting me @ My EOYC Slot :) ...

Thx Dan , Staff , All DJs & Listeners For Letting EOYC Happened :hug:

:loveah:

Promising u outstanding Mixes For My Monthly Show @ Ah as i'm so Happy 2 've Show in The Best Trance & Progressive Station on The Earth :ah:

EDIT : I also Got A Borat :hug: Thx for That :)

Last edited:
it's been fun, many more listeners and lots of new users signing up during the event which is great to see :)

its been so far amazing, thank you all djs for exclusive sets... and your time doing them.

AH in 2009!!!

This Year DAN and the Staff worked really hard to make a real big Show with over 300 DJs , means 300 hours of exclusive Sets and outstanding musik and i thank alot for that.
+111111111 :bravo:

What i need to say is, that i was a bit bored of some sets. I thought every DJ will do a real Bomb coz this is the biggest Online Musik Event ever, but the truth is, that some sets sound like a normal monthly show and for that im bored. (...)What i mean is, that when i listen 245 hours of musik and the most of it is a replay of the same tracks and arrangement it starts to boring and so its not longer something really special. In that case we heard alot of BIG Names in the maintimes with "normal" sets and on other side there were no name DJs with awesome outstanding sets in the late night.
i put the reason why you get bored in bold . I mean, what did you expect ? 300 djs, its just NORMAL to get same tracks a lot. I do agree that for ppl like you listening all the time, its boring but ... face up to the fact that you're not the majority. I was away for 4 days during EYOC, and been busy so i missed a lot of shows and could tuned in mostly at night, some tracks were overplayed yes, but so far, it wasnt THAT boring.

On the oher side we had some real real OUTSTANDING sets this year.
+111 some of them made me loose my mind ^^

I'm even sad that this massive event is going to end up boo :((( it was really nice to have the surprise of a sick line up everyday, listen, and share with ppl ..

(the Story of BORAT: BORAT was a funny Gif i always gave Manuel Le Saux and some other DJs for some real outstanding tracks in their sets.
Damn, i might be too much on the chatroom and not on the forum anymore coz i've never heard about this BORAT thing.

Armin also had had a Borat but after i recognised that it wasnt a set exclusive mixed for this EOYC i decide to take away.
There were so many DJs doing their work well and really exclusive and made an extra set for this, so why only a Rip from a Show ??
yeah i was disappointed too but ... if you try to get into armin's shoes, you'll prolly see why he did that.

My hate Tune of this EOYC is Rank 1 L.E.D. there be Light
I counted and i came over 100 times the song was played
maybe coz its TE anthem .. and TE is like The Mecqua of Trance ? lol

so in the end i just need to say...this is all my personal meaning and i wish a EOYC 2009 with more exclusive sets, more outstanding sets and that the DJs didnt play only the actual top 20 tunes then more that what they personal really like...wheres the own meaning
I agree ... just let the time doing its work ... ;)

THANK YOU DAN AND STAFF FOR THIS AWESOME EVENT
+111 again :bravo::bravo::bravo::music::hug:

I have found AH.FM in sprig and I REALLY HEVE ENJOYED IT:) It's my music... I'm a new guy in this site:)

+111111111 :bravo:

i put the reason why you get bored in bold . I mean, what did you expect ? 300 djs, its just NORMAL to get same tracks a lot. I do agree that for ppl like you listening all the time, its boring but ... face up to the fact that you're not the majority. I was away for 4 days during EYOC, and been busy so i missed a lot of shows and could tuned in mostly at night, some tracks were overplayed yes, but so far, it wasnt THAT boring.

+111 some of them made me loose my mind ^^

I'm even sad that this massive event is going to end up boo :((( it was really nice to have the surprise of a sick line up everyday, listen, and share with ppl ..

Damn, i might be too much on the chatroom and not on the forum anymore coz i've never heard about this BORAT thing.

yeah i was disappointed too but ... if you try to get into armin's shoes, you'll prolly see why he did that.

maybe coz its TE anthem .. and TE is like The Mecqua of Trance ? lol

I agree ... just let the time doing its work ... ;)

+111 again :bravo::bravo::bravo::music::hug:

like i said too, its my personal meaning :wink:

Back