Reconceal - When I Find You [Perceptive] // Review

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
261012headerfs7.jpg

Blaz Vrecko aka Reconceal has alread had 2 remixes on Perceptive Recordings and is now making a debut with his very own single. I'm sure a lot of people out there still remember "Touch My Heart" which was released on Inov8 in 2008. The tune comes with two of his own versions and 3 remixes.
261012150ru1.jpg

The Original Mix is what I expected it to be. The intro part is quite nice with a few effects and some looped percussion. The track takes off very quick with hard beats and different layers of powerful leads. The track just keeps on going and never loses that special driving enery it has. Fantastic euphoric breakdown and those subtle piano notes here and there really touches it up. For those who like it a bit harder Blaz made an alternative to his original track. The melody in his Bangin' Mix is just about the same but the kick is harder, some rather exciting effects has been put to use and tiny changes takes it to another uplifting level.

Lets move on to the remixes. The legend Marcos, is new to Perceptive Recordings and boy am I glad to see his name on one of the remixes. A bit of a different arrangement in this mix. A fat acidic and trancey bassline is giving the mix a bit more of an oldschool and techy edge. As much as I like the original Marcos doesn't unleash all the energy before the break but keeps the listener waiting. This however, does not equal a boring build-up. I'm feeling that he is almost teasing the listener with the different stabs, swooshes and beautiful piano which occurs in small dozes before the break. Then right after the break, were you find yourself craving for that melody, he only let you have it for little while, as he introduced an unexpected techy riff that takes control. Before he round things off he returns to the main theme again just before the outro. Simon Bostock has had a great 2008 with releases on Real Music, Steve Anderson's DJSA Records and RecoverWorld. Simon also implementet a nice sizzling bassline and one stretched out trance clap. Simon's ability to remix a tune somewhat reminds of Michael Angelo's. The ability to build something around the original project, add that extra energy and deliver a super polished production. It doesn't get more uplifting in this package. Straight out of the Farao Islands, a new name, Pulze, is delivering a remix. The first thing I notice is his soft yet punchy bass. The melody is in focus all the way through this mix and a bit of guitar has been added to the break. Quite an impressive remix from this new name.

The remix from Marcos feels like the overall most well-produced of the bunch. It also feels a lot more detailed. Not an overnight project I'm sure. Pulze also surprised with probably the most unique track of the bunch. As for the originals I prefer the Bangin' Mix over the original. It feels as if he has created a bit more space between each layer and the beats, which gives it a more clear sound. At times, a package with 100 % uplifting trance can be boring but these remixes are all of great quality. Marcos, Pulze and the Bangin' Mix are the winners and also in that order.

Samples can be listened to here:
Perceptive Recordings - www.perceptive-recordings.com

Releasedate: 26.01.2009

Feel free to comment and discuss in this thread

this release is simply amazing

original mix is awesome and I'm sure this track will be on tracklists of many sets
I love it, all remixes are great :love:
seems like this year is going to be better than 2008 :) :super:

original mix is awesome and I'm sure this track will be on tracklists of many sets

im liking all the mixes!

marcos, a little techy..
pulze, nice sidechain..
simon bostock, huge bassline...
banging mix, like andy blueman style....
original, simply the best mix...

so far it does look good.:smile: ive only heard the original mix of this song and soungs amazing, yet to hear the other remixes *clicks the link*:ee:

im liking all the mixes!

marcos, a little techy..
pulze, nice sidechain..
simon bostock, huge bassline...
banging mix, like andy blueman style....
original, simply the best mix...

I didn't say that I don't like other remixes :hug: all are amazing

so far it does look good.:smile: ive only heard the original mix of this song and soungs amazing, yet to hear the other remixes *clicks the link*:ee:
so you better try them quickly :p you still don't know what you are losing this way :) :hug:

I didn't say that I don't like other remixes :hug: all are amazing

so you better try them quickly :p you still don't know what you are losing this way :) :hug:
locving all the mixes.

i liked the Original Mix best, then the Banging Mix and then the Simon Bostock Remix and the others are great also, but fell in love with those 3. some major choonages.:choon:

locving all the mixes.

i liked the Original Mix best, then the Banging Mix and then the Simon Bostock Remix and the others are great also, but fell in love with those 3. some major choonages.:choon:
so I was right :mask: its amazing release

I like the high energy feel! (especially at 1:46am on a work day...)

I'm with trance_fan on the Original Mix... but then, I tend to fall toward the orginal mixes more often than not.

My ranking
Original Mix
Pulze Remix
Bangin Remix
Simon Bostock Remix
Marcos Remix

I like the high energy feel! (especially at 1:46am on a work day...)

I'm with trance_fan on the Original Mix... but then, I tend to fall toward the orginal mixes more often than not.

My ranking
Original Mix
Pulze Remix
Bangin Remix
Simon Bostock Remix
Marcos Remix
nice to see you around again in here:friends: original owns:choon::music:

Thanks for all the feedback guys. A great day to all :D

nice to see you around again in here:friends: original owns:choon::music:

:friends:
Yeah, been really busy at work, so not a lot of time to post. Not that I should be posting at work, but you know... a guy needs a break every now and then. :ee:

omg what a bomb :)

5/5

cant decide which mix i like most from them all, marcos and original, but banging and bostock mix also awesome

have to listen the pulze remix abit more often, maybe it will grow on me

Back