Votes: 34 77.3%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters

Laan

AH.FM's Party Beast
Staff member
Reaction score
Afterhours.fm has over 450 shows a month. Basically 1 and 2 hour shows. We would like to know what you like more, long or shorter sets?

I prefer long sets, 2 hour is perfect but I like on AH the fact that there are so many DJs with different styles so I really like it how it is now :) If AH have more longer sets with usually 2 hours or even 3, some interesting DJ could be "laid off". I voted the second solution.

Thanks for your opinion:)

:music::loveah:i want to hear more chill out..!!

:dance::music::music:absolutely bangin!!!! keep up the good work! this site is amazing!!!!!!

I wanna hear more progressive :music:

Voted the second option.

However I'd like to hear some more balearic please :) Or if there is already enough shuffle set times. I always end up listening to the same show which ain't bad, but I'd love to discover some more DJ's. 3YAMC was perfect speaking about discovering new DJ's.

However I'd like to hear some more balearic please :)
i want to hear more chill out..!!

both :) (sets like boa - lying on the beach... i really miss them, still have the latest 3 of them on my ipod )

and i think 1-2 hours are the best solution. when you dont like a dj or specific set you dont have to switch off for the whole evening.

Fine as it is, I think. And though I like 2 hours show once in a while, it's a bit of a shame it doesn't fit on a CD. :)

Longer sets preferred...

Extending the sets also presents an opportunity for something I believe would be an improvement, at least for my AH listening experience. Providing a second stream that is identical to the "now playing", but lagged by ~8-12 hours would give the listener much desired control over their AH experience. Replays do provide a sampling of this; however, with a less predictable schedule, extended sets, download features, and an ever increasing number of contributing DJs, it appears likely replays will be a diminished feature. The added benefit of a second stream is to also offer an option other than tuning out to listeners during a longer set of a mix they find unfavorable.

AH is a global experience, and for many listeners their style preferences and listening availability is dynamic throughout the course of a given day. A superior listening experience has always been presented as a priority at AH, and any option offered for the listener to customize that experience to their schedule and preferences will be an enhancement. I'm an avid fan of AH, and I have provided myself with this feature at some of my locations(still streaming, but analogous to buffering 12 hrs.). It has resulted in an enhanced and adaptable listening experience, something I feel compelled to suggest to others( and a bit self serving since I listen from multiple locations where extended "buffering" isn't convenient). As AH continues to grow, which all excellent communities and services tend to do, customizable experiences help welcome new members as well as maintain the existing community. At some point I'll make an argument the entire station could be more of an "on demand" type of service, but I digress to the experts; everyone at AH who performs great work and provides a superior service to the global community of listeners. Much appreciated!

:ah:

more uplifting trance music !

lol..... i want more madness!!!!

ideally shorter sets such as quick 30 minute sets .. ..as I hardly ever get 2 hours on a stretch without some work ..

Although this post is now 2 years old, it still is valid I guess...

I like the 2h sets (or even more), please let me explain why,

Personally I like build ups and I am pretty sure some do too, starting off nice 132-134 with vocals and building up to a good uplifting 140+ bpm. That way, together with nice transitions, a single hour is ~well~ somehow the limit. My own mixes always end up being minimally 1h30min. If I make it shorter and I would just have to remove beauties...

Surely can be done, since it is currently often done on AH.FM, BUT it is perhaps cutting on songs or missing the beauty of their productions or you just skip slower or faster tracks somewhere to make it fit in...
It is no longer the flow, it is to fit...

And also please please cancel sets containing too much electro/dubstep, I respect each ones preference I even listen to it some moments too and sometimes like some works. BUT I think these genres have enough proper resources and sites where that genre can be found. Afterhours is known to be the best in Trance and Progressive so please keep it that way. Lately I cannot always say that (in a few you can even hardly find any trance left). Lucky there are many fine artists that make the title stand as a solid rock

And also why not a goa/psy trance, not too much, an hour or a few per week I wouldn't mind. Balearic bwa same (tho personally fasta uplift flowing, flying, hmm... origins of trance were mostly fast)

Another idea, why not oldschool sets (music from under year 2000 please)? Hmmm godlike that was

PS: Last but not least since Lazarus said he wouldn't mind having longer, please extend his sets (I surely wouldn't mind voted +1)
:LMAO::super:

Nevertheless, AH.FM still owns, thanks !!

Greets

Last edited:
And also please please cancel sets containing too much electro/dubstep, I respect each ones preference I even listen to it some moments too and sometimes like some works. BUT I think these genres have enough proper resources and sites where that genre can be found. Afterhours is known to be the best in Trance and Progressive so please keep it that way. Lately I cannot always say that (in a few you can even hardly find any trance left). Lucky there are many fine artists that make the title stand as a solid rock
First of all, there's nothing I can do now but to agree with your post.
There are several shows which are quite annoying to listen to, if they continue to support more "nu-electro" sounds than there's supposed to be. Talking about this issue, replacing these shows with some new ones (including "pure trance and progressive") would be the best solution IMO. Otherwise, it can get difficult to change the musical interest of concerned DJs (in no particular order):

Kris O'Neil, Johan Gielen, Jochen Miller, Marcus Schössow (...to name a few)

Some ideas for new shows:

Jacob Henry - Silk Royal Showcase (one of the best broadcasts I've ever encountered)
Jaytech - Jaytech Music Podcast (always perfect 2-hour sets)
Arctic Moon - Afterworld (very popular on Mixcloud)
Katadunkass - Electronic Spectrum (should get more attention)

By the way, I recently submitted a residency application.
This concept also fits to the shows mentioned above.

And also why not a goa/psy trance, not too much, an hour or a few per week I wouldn't mind. Balearic bwa same (tho personally fasta uplift flowing, flying, hmm... origins of trance were mostly fast)

Some ideas for new shows:

Simon Patterson - Digital Showdown (massive tracks every time)
John '00' Fleming - Global Trance Grooves (all-time favourite)
Basil O'Glue - Momentum (great addition to Markus, Rick Valentine and other Coldharbour-ish shows)
Airwave - Progrez (nearly inevitable)

Another idea, why not oldschool sets (music from under year 2000 please)? Hmmm godlike that was

Yes, this ALSO could be played more regularly. I don't think this would require a lot of work. There are so many great examples of older sets!

Thanks for sharing your ideas with the community, soundbarrier! :hug:
Directly on-topic: The current show length is perfect now, doesn't have to change!

From just lurking here, it's pretty diverse. You can hear music (EDM music, of course) of any style here and that's great.

Back