Streams not streaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

korsen

Registered
Reaction score
Greets all. I've tried all the quality playlists - 96 and 192k for WMP don't work at all, and 48 and 96k don't work at all for WinAmp.

The 192k on winamp will only stream from the ukraine for some reason, and recently the buffer keeps choking even though it resumes within a second.

Uups, nevermind found out it was my firewall. :D
Turn that off and they all work. Now to find out what's blocking it.
Opening the port on the firewall lets it try to connect without immediately giving an error but it times out. There isn't really any setting that stands out though on the firewall - it's allowed and all but... Oh well.

Keep jammin!:choon:
Oh, maybe it would help anyway - I'm using symantec endpoint protection.

Well to prevent having to turn it off after every reboot...couldn't you make an exception to port ..not sure which..I think it's 80. or perhaps an exception to the actual stream link (varies depending on location---different relays)?

Opening the ports just allows it to attempt a connection without getting an error immediately. And Dan: That firewall one doesn't work for me. Not even with open ports.

But oh well - as long as I can get tunes from Ukraine!! :D No interrupts from them.

i think it has something to do with a setting in your symantec endpoint protection software.

Guess dfx should be the best to answer this, but what should be done is to "allow all activities" for WinAmp in your firewall rules.

Btw, incoming port for all 192k streams is 9000, for 48k its 9990.

( Hope this can be of slight help ) :)

it has to be some really fine setting somewhere because I can't access this pc from my laptop when the firewall is up either. doing some file xfers now so ill update on the firewall rules later on.

let me know how it goes but like dhumketu said allow port 9000 in for 192k and 9010 for 96k :)

Just for the fun of it, even though I know shoutcast is shoutcast all the same, did you try the web player?

Ok chaps, firewall rule engagement is a no-go, and yes Tarek - I did try the webplayer but i'm running windows server 2003 R2 and even though there is a version of flash available for this OS, it never gets utilized. It will install but it's like a switch isn't on somewhere. I can't see the banner on the site because of that.

If it's not Symantec entirely, then there must be some really fine firewall setting i turned on when setting it up initially... used to use zonealarm but it wasn't working out so hot for a server platform.

EDIT: Hey! I got flash working! Those pricks at adobe said my platform wasn't supported but i went and rummaged through the compatability archive that they keep for developers to test their programs on older versions with. Got the archived version 10 and it works lol. Wow i hate corporations...

Anyway guys, I dunno if anyone missed the part where I said that ukraine is the only one that can stream for me? As in, it does work? @192k no less :D

Is there any kind of software/hardware difference between the ukraine server and all the others???

More edits: Winamp is basically allowed all ports in and out from all protocols on all adapters for all hosts, etc and so forth. I'm going to forward the ports in my router for the hell of it and see what happens.

Nope, port forwarding doesn't help either. Nuts! But i still have ukraine. :D

Last edited:
the difference is that ukraine is icecast and the rest are shoutcast servers. the protocols are slightly different, so maybe your firewall detecs the shoutcast servers as using a broken http (or maybe even malicious?) and thus blocks them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back