21-01-2009 Orkidea - Radio Unity 001

How do you rate this show?

• Total voters

ShowsBot

I love Music
Reaction score
orkidea.jpg

Please feel free to comment on the show.
Don't forget to VOTE

Did you miss the show?
Let us remind you next time: click here

---
01. Tarrantella: Jigsaw [Rip Digital]
02. Sudha (from Faithless): Leche (Way Out West remix) [CD-R)
03. Redanka & Quivver: Under The Sun (Ultraviolet Mix) [Rip Digital]
04. Coco & Villa: Wet Dreams (Gothek DC remix) [CD-R]
05. DJ Orion: One Sunday (Beetseekers remix) [Solaris]
06. Union Jack: Papillon [Platipus]
07. Ben Preston: Lake Nesser [Lost Language]
08. Vibrasphere: Autumn Lights [J00F]
09. U2: Beautiful Day (Mat Zo bootleg) [CD-R]
---

Last edited by a moderator:
WOOOT Orkidea's premiere! :super:

Can't wait :mml::good:

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

( Not sure, and I dare ask.. shall there be a flavour of Psy in the set? )

(c) DjOrkidea.com

"After a year of radio silence my monthly radio show is back in da buziness! Even if it’s a business with no money involved;) I did a monthly show for Finnish National Radio for almost ten years but when stopped doing it in late 2007 I was looking for a more international and web focused alternative as I see the future of radio (for alternative music at least) heavily in the web.

Couple months ago discussions with Afterhours.fm resulted in getting a monthly one hour slot on this trance radio. Ah.fm has simultanous listener figures of around 1000 people - making it one of the most popular EDM channels out there (alongside di.fm, etn.fm & protonradio.com) with the likes of Markus Schulz, Blank & Jones, Kyau & Albert, Marcus Schossow and Lange holding residencies.

Afterhours - Calendar

My show will air every third Wednesday of the month at 21:00-22:00 CET (+1 GMT) meaning 22:00-23:00 Finnish time. The show will focus mainly in melodic progressive house and progressive trance with occasional psy-trance, breakz, techno or chill-out cuts featured as well. AH.FM is a true diehard trance channel, but personally I put music in two genres: Good and Bad and try to play the Good stuff in my sets;) Also nowadays I tend to find lots of music with a strong trance-like feel and vibe (melodic, hypnotic, driving, atmospheric) which is labeled something totally different.

The show will be “music only” for the time being but let’s see if it will become a “properly presented program” in some point.. Episodes will also be available the next week after the airing as podcast from my website. Podcast info and tracklist coming up always to:

Charts & Playlists — DjOrkidea.com

First show will air tonight - Wednesday 21st of January- and features some fresh and unreleased material from Quivver, Way Out West, Union Jack, Beetseekers, Tarrantella and Redanka and two of my favorite tracks from 2009. As with the “old Radio Unity” the show will have occasional special episodes like chill out/classics/producer features. I hope you will enjoy the show and feel free to email me your feedback at orkidea@appelsiini.net, comment at my site or join the live discussion during the airing at:

http://forum.ah.fm/livesets-ah-fm/15193-21-01-2009-orkidea-radio-unity-001-a.html

-With looove & rrrrespect from Helsinki, Orkidea"

Back when the the show starts... Hope you'll like it! :)

Wow, New AMAZING Show - DJ ORKIDEA....... :super::super::super::super::super::drunk::drunk:

Last edited:
(c) DjOrkidea.com

My show will air every third Wednesday of the month at 21:00-22:00 CET (+1 GMT) meaning 22:00-23:00 Finnish time. The show will focus mainly in melodic progressive house and progressive trance with occasional psy-trance, breakz, techno or chill-out cuts featured as well. AH.FM is a true diehard trance channel, but personally I put music in two genres: Good and Bad and try to play the Good stuff in my sets;) Also nowadays I tend to find lots of music with a strong trance-like feel and vibe (melodic, hypnotic, driving, atmospheric) which is labeled something totally different.

http://forum.ah.fm/livesets-ah-fm/15193-21-01-2009-orkidea-radio-unity-001-a.html

-With looove & rrrrespect from Helsinki, Orkidea"

seems like we got our wish after all :mask:

Amen to that.....looking forward to it :)

Good luck T with yer show! Hope many listeners and a warm welcome from the community here. :)

This episode will be 50% melodic progressive house and 50% progressive trance in today's terms. I've been playing trance since 1992 and still consider my sound to be "trance" but as times and terms change lot of people would call it progressive house or some of the stuff progressive psytrance.

Also in radio sets I tend to play a bit more mellow as IMO that fits home listening better. Live gigs are better places for banging techiness.

Hey Tapsa, all ears here... Can't wait for your new stuff, the November and December sets were bloody amazing! Grtz from the Netherlands ;)

Back