DJM-800 and Harmonic Mixing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfx

Registered
Reaction score
to everyone that owns a djm-800...

the only reason why i would spend that much money on it is because it has the harmonic mixing feature/effect, but some people say that it distorts the sound too much to be usable. can anyone that owns one confirm this, or maybe even record a small sample of a track run thru that filter?

Actualy it's true...
I never use this function, because sound is really distorted...

Actualy it's true...
I never use this function, because sound is really distorted...

+1... Dunno where it's really useful for. Most of the times I only use Filter, sometimes Crush...

I know Talla and some other biggies use it

In Tallas sets it sounds awesoem...but maybe its just his near 30 years expirience :)

I know Talla and some other biggies use it

In Tallas sets it sounds awesoem...but maybe its just his near 30 years expirience :)
i guess you mean he's using the general harmonic mixing technique, not that particular feature on the djm-800...

It's totally unusable. You can only use 5% of the whole knobs range and even then it's almost impossible to set it back to it's original state.

The easiest way would be Rapid Evolution or MixedInKey to get the key of your tracks.

In Tallas sets it sounds awesoem...but maybe its just his near 30 years expirience

Bizarre... you said the exact same thing as someone above you - even making the same spelling mistake :)

I've read around a lot about it, Harmonic Mixing distorts...DJs never use it...

I've read around a lot about it, Harmonic Mixing distorts...DJs never use it...

errrrrr totally TOTALLY false :mask:

you should check your sources.

seriously, most of the old school don't use it because they think it's cheating!!!

if this is cheating, using a musical sheet in the concert is cheating too :lol:

gosh..."hate" this kind of "old thinking"....

I just do what I think sounds good, I sort by bpm, then if needed by genre.
You might miss some choons that fit perfectly to your 1st track but are not totally harmonic.
p.s. don't have a djm800 but heard the harmonic buttons don't sound too well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back