If someone asked you....

existent

Registered
Reaction score
I was thinking about this today, and was curious what is everyone's answer...

If someone asked you "what is Trance music?", which track would you play them?

In other words, which track describes trance best for you?

hmmmm...very hard to limit "what is Trance music?" to one track only, there's many "shades" that are relevant, so IMO to properly "demonstrate" what trance is you will need to cover all the "shades" :smile:

hmmmm...very hard to limit "what is Trance music?" to one track only, there's many "shades" that are relevant, so IMO to properly "demonstrate" what trance is you will need to cover all the "shades" :smile:

I know it is very difficult to choose even just for a subgenre... :mask:

I'd play Humate - Love Stimulation (PvD's original love mix) from back in 1993 - it's five minutes that sums up everything I love about trance and everything I feel about life :music:

It also played as the last tune at my wedding :wub:

psytrance anyone?

hmmm very hard question here :hmmm:

if someone asked me what trance was, i would play for them the following tracks in no random order on a mix CD:

Mantra - Mandala Moon
Mindsphere - We have a dream
Nicholas Bennison - Exocet
Hallucinogen - Alpha Centauri
Crystal Verge - Evil Spice
Crystal Verge - Kerudu
Crystal Verge - Bumourbia
Astral Projection - People Can Fly
Aura - Walk To Earth
Aura - Autistic
Ka - Sol - White Magic
Mystic Morning - Move From Fear
Ethereal - Elysian Fields

prolly by that time, i would have them "psychedelically" addicted :grinning2:

First and Andre - Widescreen
Yilmaz Altanhan - Eighties

my initial song choice would be Activa - This World

That sums it up pretty well for me.

hmmmm...given some thought to this, if i had to choose just one track would be

Solar Factor - Urban Shakedown :mml: :choon:

but...for the best result i would play

12.The Gift - Love Angel
13.Solar Factor - Urban Shakedown

from Tiesto's album Nyana CD1 Outdoor...to me that is the best combination of tracks and i am yet to hear anything combined that is so energetic and with an amazing build up, truly for me the best reflection of what trance is all about.

i would tell them to tune to AfterHours!!

ill try to answer

well to me there are so many different genres of trance music right....just for shits and giggles i would have to play dance for life by dj tiesto lol.....but for real i guess i would play what ever trance it is im listening to at the time. how dose that sound?:friends:
the smiley faces are soo kewl !!!!!

As a simple introduction to trance I would play them "Children by Robert Miles" Its beautiful and its memorable and for me its the definitive melodic trance tune. People are still remixing it now. It works today just as it did when it first appeared in 1995 :yes::wink:

Last edited:
As a simple introduction to trance I would play them "Children by Robert Miles" Its beautiful and its memorable and for me its the definitive melodic trance tune. People are still remixing it now. It works today just as it did when it first appeared in 1995 :yes::wink:
that track is goooood classic mate:friends:

good to see some answers :music:

At this point my choice would be

Med - In You... :choon:

but so hard to choose just one :p

good to see some answers :music:

At this point my choice would be

Med - In You... :choon:

but so hard to choose just one :p

:blush: :blush: :blush: :friends:

I'd have to go with Rank 1 - Airwave. An obvious choice, but the first trance song i ever heard (not knowing what 'trance' was), moving to 4 years later and hearing it at my second time at Gatecrasher by Rank 1 at 7.30 in the morning.

I'm not sure..What really got me hooked permanently on trance and ah.fm was Mike Foyle - Pandora (The Blizzard Remix) and Primogeniture - Artimes.

They're not the best choices of introduction, but their melodies are absolutely beautiful.

Before that..Adagio For Strings - DJ Tiesto...or William Orbit.

My other choice to introduce trance to people would be BT feat Jan Johnston - Mercury & Solace. Its beautiful and memorable:smile:

Back